Previous   Next

What kind of board games does your family like to play?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 Clinton Parkway on September 27, 2010

Browse the archives

“We play mainly card games, like UNO, War, Old Maid and Go Fish.”

“We like to play Trivial Pursuit. My husband likes it because he wins.”

“We like to play the card game called Apples to Apples …It always spurs some kind of debate, or somebody gives really random, hilarious answers.”

“Guess Who, it’s just really fun to see which person the other player has, and there’s so many people to pick from.”

Comments

Blessed4x 3 years, 6 months ago

I can HIGHLY suggest a co-op board game called Forbidden Island. We play it at work, and I will be buying it as a Christmas present for the family. Excellent game. Other than that, LotR Risk and Apples to Apples are popular family games with us.

BorderRuffian 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm an ex-carpenter, so my favorite board games are most anything that involve, well, ... boards. In my dodderage, I tend to favor board games that result in the creation of bird houses and feeders, although an occasional bookshelf or other doo-dad is also fun. Personally, I do not favor board games with my family. As the proud owner of a wife and daughter, I do not favor mixing my kind of board games with my ladies and my power tools.

More power................wooof, woooof, woooof

igby 3 years, 6 months ago

We do prefer water boarding with various different players and a wide range of man made plastic devices including but not limited to self adhesive applications.

psycho_theclown 3 years, 6 months ago

Sometimes we play Pawn Shop.
It's high stakes. The risks are: filing for bankruptcy and eventually getting banned from posting on some sites. getting busted for illegal activities (there's no Get-out-of-jail-free card)

there's a lot of Internet posting involved throughout the game.

The winner ends up with a house and a fence.

amesn 3 years, 6 months ago

Scattergories, trivial pursuit, those 2 are are our fav board games but typically we are hard core card players of the likes of Pitch, Texas Hold Em, and a game my husband calls 'Shadoobie on your neighbor' It may have a more appropriate name but this is what his family calls it! Oh and I almost forgot one of our absolute FAVS Phase 10! We can play that one for HOURS!

edjayhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

How about a new game: How do I park my bigfoot monster truck at my trailer?

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

We play Drink n' Drown sometimes. But it usually ends up in a brawl. Last time I pulled a pocket knife on my wife and she knocked my front teeth out.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Fantasy Football, Yeah...whatever. BTW, if the Raiders never win another game, they'll still be the greatest and coolest team of all time. Word.

Roland Gunslinger 3 years, 6 months ago

Sequence, Rummikub and when the 3 year old wants to play we play Hungry Hungry Hippos.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Take Your Shirt Off. Not very challenging, but fun. I'm doing it right now.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Waterboarding, Mumblety Peg, and Feel My Pocket And Guess What's In It. Fun for the whole family.

puddleglum 3 years, 6 months ago

milton-bradley's tank battle!

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

And while not a board game, naked hot buttered Twister is always fun for a party.

Andini 3 years, 6 months ago

My wife and I like to play role playing games some times.

Kontum1972 3 years, 6 months ago

water-boarding for sport...lol

LoveThsLife 3 years, 6 months ago

Apples to Apples...best game ever. Love it! We play Settlers of Catan sometimes too.

beatrice 3 years, 6 months ago

Risk and Scrabble. World domination, and word play. Doesn't get any better than that.

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

Oh and a former roommate of mine used to say "do you have any board games?" when she was not having fun at a party. She never pulled off sarcasm well though so she just sounded like an airhead.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 6 months ago

"He didn't miss one field goal attempt. He missed three. Maybe he should take up a board game...like Sorry."

Screw you, old man. I had a free night last night and saw the Drive By Truckers and got a bit drunk. You cannot rain on my parade today. I am in too good a mood. Enjoy watching the Cowboys for the rest of the year.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 6 months ago

Xtreme Full-Contact Tiddly-Winks

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

Oakland Raiders lose to Arizona Cardinals as Sebastian Janikowski blows 32-yard field goal on final play

alm77 3 years, 6 months ago

Settlers of Catan. My 11 year old rocks it.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 6 months ago

"Janokoski misses!!!!!"

Learn how to spell, Frenchy.

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

To play board games is to be bored so I would rather not be so borish but send a round down the bore into the boar.

Janokoski misses!!!!!

Practicality 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm old school, we just twiddle our thumbs and whittle. Must admit though, the kids whine about it at times.

Noemon 3 years, 6 months ago

Dominion Carcassonne RoboRally Munchkin Chrononauts Who Killed Dr. Lucky Monsters Menace America Secret Tiajuana Deathmatch Settlers of Catan A Game of Thrones Puerto Rico

BABBOY 3 years, 6 months ago

Been a while, but I always liked chess and Monopoloy and sometimes

grammaddy 3 years, 6 months ago

The usual; Scrabble,Trivial pursuit,Sorry, and Monopoly. We used to have a game of Monopoly every weekend until it got out of hand and lasted the entire weekend.

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

We do a lot of Wooly Willy and make drawings of the Pompie Rinke's do...

psycho_theclown 3 years, 6 months ago

I always enjoy surprise waterboarding.

Gene Wallace 3 years, 6 months ago

Talisman! I have played this board game since the early eighties.