Previous   Next

What kind of board games does your family like to play?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 Clinton Parkway on September 27, 2010

Browse the archives

“We play mainly card games, like UNO, War, Old Maid and Go Fish.”

“We like to play Trivial Pursuit. My husband likes it because he wins.”

“We like to play the card game called Apples to Apples …It always spurs some kind of debate, or somebody gives really random, hilarious answers.”

“Guess Who, it’s just really fun to see which person the other player has, and there’s so many people to pick from.”

Comments

Gene Wallace 4 years, 3 months ago

Talisman! I have played this board game since the early eighties.

zikzak 4 years, 3 months ago

Wonderful!! So does my family! We have gained a couple of expansions over the years but the game is still the best :)

Gene Wallace 4 years, 3 months ago

Won the game and all expansions at a Game Convention in LA eons ago. I had never played before the evening prior to the open tournament. Have loved Talisman since!

grammaddy 4 years, 3 months ago

The usual; Scrabble,Trivial pursuit,Sorry, and Monopoly. We used to have a game of Monopoly every weekend until it got out of hand and lasted the entire weekend.

Noemon 4 years, 3 months ago

Dominion Carcassonne RoboRally Munchkin Chrononauts Who Killed Dr. Lucky Monsters Menace America Secret Tiajuana Deathmatch Settlers of Catan A Game of Thrones Puerto Rico

Thinking_Out_Loud 4 years, 3 months ago

These are games? What's wrong with Monopoly and Risk? At least I've heard of those.

Practicality 4 years, 3 months ago

I'm old school, we just twiddle our thumbs and whittle. Must admit though, the kids whine about it at times.

alm77 4 years, 3 months ago

Settlers of Catan. My 11 year old rocks it.

beatrice 4 years, 3 months ago

Risk and Scrabble. World domination, and word play. Doesn't get any better than that.

LoveThsLife 4 years, 3 months ago

Apples to Apples...best game ever. Love it! We play Settlers of Catan sometimes too.

amesn 4 years, 3 months ago

Scattergories, trivial pursuit, those 2 are are our fav board games but typically we are hard core card players of the likes of Pitch, Texas Hold Em, and a game my husband calls 'Shadoobie on your neighbor' It may have a more appropriate name but this is what his family calls it! Oh and I almost forgot one of our absolute FAVS Phase 10! We can play that one for HOURS!

igby 4 years, 3 months ago

We do prefer water boarding with various different players and a wide range of man made plastic devices including but not limited to self adhesive applications.

BorderRuffian 4 years, 3 months ago

I'm an ex-carpenter, so my favorite board games are most anything that involve, well, ... boards. In my dodderage, I tend to favor board games that result in the creation of bird houses and feeders, although an occasional bookshelf or other doo-dad is also fun. Personally, I do not favor board games with my family. As the proud owner of a wife and daughter, I do not favor mixing my kind of board games with my ladies and my power tools.

More power................wooof, woooof, woooof

Blessed4x 4 years, 3 months ago

I can HIGHLY suggest a co-op board game called Forbidden Island. We play it at work, and I will be buying it as a Christmas present for the family. Excellent game. Other than that, LotR Risk and Apples to Apples are popular family games with us.