Previous   Next

How soon did you take your children to the dentist?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 20, 2010

Browse the archives

“We haven’t taken him in yet. I would have to talk to our physician when we go in for his one-year checkup, but I would guess maybe three or four.”

“When they started getting ready for school.”

“Before they hit kindergarten when they were about 4 years old.”

“When she started getting teeth, and I wanted to make sure they were coming in good.”

Comments

toe 3 years, 7 months ago

I took them as soon as I found out most dentists were wealthy and independent thinkers.

Harold_Chasen 3 years, 7 months ago

It amazes me that even with all the diagnostic capabilities of the internet and ability to order one's own supplies/equipment that the American medical and dental professionals have any business. I make it a habit to practice before I attempt the actual surgeries. That's why all the neighborhood dogs and cats have have received free vasectomies.

JackFrost 3 years, 7 months ago

Yeah, those big pictures scared the hell out of me. I thought some drug-crazed thief was climbing in through my monitor. I almost asked him to hang out for a while.

g_rock 3 years, 7 months ago

Are there any hot, single dentists in Lawrence, by the way? I think I have a new turn on.

Bobbi Reid 3 years, 7 months ago

My oldest started go around 4 and my youngest started seeing the dentist before her 2nd birthday because she knocked a tooth out.

Benjamin Roberts 3 years, 7 months ago

"Has that happened to anyone else?"

I don't recall. My earliest memory is when I was about 3 years old and I had my teeth in already. :-D

(Okay - none of the children started cutting teeth that early. As I recall, they all started at 6 months.)

Deja Coffin 3 years, 7 months ago

We took my oldest daughter right around three years old and our middle daughter at 2 1/2 because I thought she had a cavity. Which actually they have an appointment this week... thanks for the reminder LJW!!!
Also, I think the baby is already getting teeth at 3 months old because he is drooling and chewing on everything. I thought this was extremely early but someone I know said her youngest son was born with 2 teeth. Isn't that crazy? Has that happened to anyone else?

BABBOY 3 years, 7 months ago

Yea, If they are going to start doing big pictures, then they show clevage on at least every other picture.

prospector 3 years, 7 months ago

autie, he is probably a trophy husband too.

ohhh========= big pictures========ahhh

g_rock 3 years, 7 months ago

When I was 3, I was tagging along to Mom's appointment and the dentist wanted to feel my face. Open, close, open, close. Yes, Mrs. G, you daughter will have that clicky cracking jaw thing too.

neato.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 7 months ago

No Raymond, Dentists have a very special place in hell reserved for them, damn nitrous huffing sadists.

CWGOKU 3 years, 7 months ago

Heck if I know...I'd have to ask the wife. I just gave them candy and told them to get out of the way of the TV.

Raymond Munoz 3 years, 7 months ago

Ronaldo: Because you love your children and know that we're here to help, not hurt. :)

But in all seriousness, folks, we recommend you start bringing your child to the dentist at age 1. A "happy visit" gets them used to coming to the dentist and we often diagnose decay and other problems in children much younger than 3 or 4 years old. In fact, we've seen children that have a whole mouth full of cavities by age 2!

The Douglas County Dental Clinic has a program called ABCD (Access to Baby and Child Dentistry) whose sole purpose is to make sure low-income, uninsured children ages 0-5 living in Douglas County visit the dentist to prevent any major dental issues during these formative years. Please visit the clinic's website to find out more about ABCD and the services we provide!

autie 3 years, 7 months ago

Stay at home father? Is that like a Shewmon gig?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 7 months ago

Why would I ever subject my offspring to those sadists.

grammaddy 3 years, 7 months ago

My oldest 2 went at 4 when they were getting ready to start school. The youngest 2 went as soon as they had a couple of teeth.