Previous   Next

Do you get a flu shot every year?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and La. on September 7, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, but my son does, though.”

“No, I never have.”

“Yes, I feel it’s necessary to stay healthy.”

“No, I don’t see a reason for it.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 8 months ago

Damn straight R_I !! I've never gotten the shot, and even though I keep the tin foil hat buttoned down tight 24/7 I still hear the voices coming through. I think they got me with the cheese give-a-way.

grammaddy 4 years, 8 months ago

I agree with the BIG Dogs above!I've never had one and probably never will. Don't get sick that often and I don't need the govt. or Big Pharma telling me what I need. I don't trust them like that either.They'll have to come better than that if they want control over me or mine.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 8 months ago

I do.... don't know if it has helped me or not but I've got little ones that get the shot (flu mist) so I do too.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 8 months ago

Especially the ones to Herington, Kansas. har har har

But flu shots are safe and effective and do save lives. Maybe mine. Maybe yours. I will get one.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 8 months ago

Nor do I recommend closing of the US-Mexico border as a way to reduce flu infection.

beatrice 4 years, 8 months ago

Yes, I get an annual flu shot. I know that the government uses the flu shots to insert tracking devices, so I figure I am doing my part to lower the deficit by not forcing the feds to spend even more money to track my whereabouts through more conventional and expensive means. All y'all who aren't getting shots, you are just a bunch of selfish deficit-loving cowards!!!

Hadley_says 4 years, 8 months ago

Over 40% of the hospital admissions last year for flu were for people who were healthy and had no underlying health conditions.

You don't necessarily get a flu shot for yourself....It is just good hygiene. By protecting yourself from the flu, you "healthy" types prevent spreading it to others, who are medically fragile, including some who are too fragile to even take a flu shot.

slowplay 4 years, 8 months ago

This year's annual flu shot will offer protection against the pandemic H1N1 (swine flu) virus, in addition to two other influenza viruses that are expected to be in circulation this fall and winter. It's not a panacea but it does reduce the risk, especially in younger children who have the greatest exposure. For most of us the flu is a minor inconvenience, but to children, those who already have a compromised immune system, and the elderly, it can be fatal. The primary cause of death being heart and/or lung inflammation. The flu will kill about 50,000 Americans (95% will not have had the shot) and up to 500,000 world wide. Take it? Don't take it? I could care less. I just hope the idiots who have posted against it do not put their children or others in their household at risk by denying them the advantage of a vaccination.

M. Lindeman 4 years, 8 months ago

I got talked into it from my company about 9 years ago. never really got sick before then, took they gave us the live virus and I got sick that took me out for over a week, for 7 years after twice a year i am down for a week. the last year and half, i have manage to not get what is going around. I will say this, I won't trust any shots that are suggested. I am one who learns from history.

persevering_gal 4 years, 8 months ago

The one and only time I received a flu shot, I got the flu. I make sure to frequently wash my hands since I work around children all day.