Previous   Next

Did you see any movies this summer at a theater?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 1, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, I saw a lot of movies. I pretty much went every Friday and saw the new ones.”

“Yes, I saw between five and 10. I wanted to see them with friends.”

“No I did not, because my husband does not like to go to theaters, so I haven’t been in a couple of years.”

“Yes I did. I went to hang out with friends and eat popcorn.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

"The Expendables". No Oscars here, but enough B&G to fill a slaughter house. If all you want to do is destroy brain cells, cheap wine does it better. I guess it could have been worse. If they had done it in 3-D.

jonas_opines 4 years, 3 months ago

Just one with my son, Despicable Me. Cute.

I'd have liked to see Inception, but didn't get around to it. Hollywood Theaters helps curb my enthusiasm, so to speak.

dajudge 4 years, 3 months ago

Not only no, but heck no! And by the way, my bird died yesterday. Planted her under the sycamore tree.

labmonkey 4 years, 3 months ago

You should drag her to The Expendables. My wife and I have a deal where I won't drag her to something like that if she doesn't drag me to movies like Eat Pray Love.

nobody1793 4 years, 3 months ago

I thought the owners name was Nathan Arizona, and the kid was Nathan Jr.

booyalab 4 years, 3 months ago

I saw Inception and Scott Pilgrim. Generally, I'm very good at picking them. I haven't seen a bad one in theaters for years.

labmonkey 4 years, 3 months ago

My wife and I did see "The Other Guys." Although it was funny, we were both annoyed about some of the preachiness against Wall Street at the end. You go to a Will Ferrel movie to laugh...not to get preached at.

whats_going_on 4 years, 3 months ago

We went to see Inception.

I may be the only person in the universe who wasn't the biggest fan. I LOVE "thinker" movies and thrillers, but it was just too much. Too many things going on. It was entertaining, but just eh.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 3 months ago

I saw Inception in a theater. I like how Nolan doesn't rely on CGI effects all the time.

beatrice 4 years, 3 months ago

One of the things I like about going to a theater is that you can't pause it to run to the bathroom, get a drink, take a call, check your e-mail, water the plants, etc... It keeps playing, which forces you to pay attentention and watch the entire film. This in turn helps you get pulled into the story. Plus the screen is big. It is much harder to get drawn into a story when there are interruptions while watching tv.

Most enjoyable was Inception. That is worth seeing on the big screen.

scopi_guy 4 years, 3 months ago

The last good movie I saw at a theatre was the re-release of Pink Flamingos at Liberty Hall. I went with a bunch of people who had never seen it before. I spent 80% of the movie watching the reactions on their faces instead of the movie itself, though...which wasn't a big deal since I'd seen it about 97 times.

William Pike 4 years, 3 months ago

Broadway drive in is only 30 minutes from lawrence. My family loves it.

megiddo 4 years, 3 months ago

RiverCityConservative 4 years, 3 months ago

Saw Toy Story III with my child and really liked it. Loved it when Buzz Lightyear switched to Spanish for about 10 minutes. Also saw Inception, just the other day, and found it entertaining.