Previous   Next

What is your favorite KU-KSU football memory?

Asked at Wayne and Larry's Sports Bar, 933 Iowa St. on October 14, 2010

Browse the archives

“Anytime we (KU) beat them is a favorite memory.”

“Tailgating in the parking lot.”

“Watching my fiance cheer. He was a yell leader at KU.”

“After K-State won several in a row, maybe a dozen in a row, KU finally rose up and slayed the mighty beast.”

Comments

concernedeudoravoter 3 years, 6 months ago

Tonight's game - yep - tonight's game. Start counting the minutes before some KU fan posts.....'oh yeah.....wait till basketball season.'

hutchwoodyz 3 years, 6 months ago

My favorite KU-KSU memory is taking my one week old daughter to the game! That was 27 years ago and she's a true blue Jayhawk fan thru and thru!!

Mary Darst 3 years, 6 months ago

Around 15 years ago, we had season tickets for football. One of those years when we played K-State at Lawrence, we got to Lawrence around 2:30. ( 6 p.m. game). We had never been to the Wheel, so that's where we went. To make a long story short, we ended up buying t-shirts at the Wheel that said " F*** the Wildcats". When we drug our butts up that hill to the game, then up the stairs at the stadium, My sister and her husband almost fell over. My brother in law just shook his head. I don't even recall the first 3 quarters. that someone we had a motel room.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 6 months ago

If you have memories of a KU/KSU game, you weren't doing it right.

Kirk Larson 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm originally from Manhattan. My family came for the football game. Everyone else went to the game; my mom and I went to the Natural History Museum. Best. Game. Day. Ever!

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

I do pray those idiots don't try to get the stadium via Iowa street and Irving Hill road. We don't need another unecessary accident. They should have a sobriety check point on I-70 East this afternoon.

Richard Payton 3 years, 6 months ago

The only memory that comes to mind is the tiolet bowl -LONG LIVE THE TIOLET BOWL!

phoggyjay 3 years, 6 months ago

Back on the 14th of October, I think it was 2010, when KU won on that cool Thursday evening at Memorial Stadium.

BlindWillieMcTell 3 years, 6 months ago

Any of the games when Kerwin Bell was playing. Hmm. Looks like an impostor stole my identity. Well, we'll see. Ladies and gentlemen please welcome the poet laureate of rock 'n' roll. The voice of the promise of the '60s counterculture. The guy who forced folk into bed with rock. Who donned makeup in the '70s and disappeared into a haze of substance abuse. Who emerged to find Jesus. Who was written off as a has-been by the end of the '80s, and who suddenly shifted gears releasing some of the strongest music of his career beginning in the late '90s. Ladies and gentlemen — Blind Willie McTell!!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Brownback about four feet tall? Naw, he's taller than that. He is just has that creepy smile, the same creepy smile that Spacehog had the last time I was with him. I just know that he would have been trying to jump my bottom, if I had not been in the company of my two boys, Smith and Wesson. Sure he's a good looking guy, but Ronaldo just don't trip that path. Pretty sure the Fellowship is just a cover for a "Men's Social Club".
Just like those Men's Social Clubs they have in Southbeach.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 6 months ago

"11-2-2002 Last time KSU beat KU in Lawrence. Score was 64 to nothing. "

I was on the sideline for that game. Jeez, it doesn't seem like that long ago. Also, fun fact, I was in the elevator going up to the press box with Sam Brownback. He's about four feet tall.

CWGOKU 3 years, 6 months ago

Oh crap, now Jack is gone. The fun just keeps getting sucked out of here.

So, Andini woke up in the ditch, but not alone, and the offspring love child was the Willie the Wildcat, half human half wildcat? Interesting what MD 2020 will do to you.

Andini 3 years, 6 months ago

On another note...Will KSU ever be able to afford the rest of Willie the Wildcats costume? They've had the head for years but never the body. Only a humans...or is this some sort of experiment gone wrong?

Andini 3 years, 6 months ago

I remember passing out in a field after getting lost trying to find a friends apartment after a game in Manhattan in the mid eighties.

BABBOY 3 years, 6 months ago

11-2-2002 Last time KSU beat KU in Lawrence. Score was 64 to nothing.

Or, in 2004, when after the game my wife had to talk me out of beating the crap out of a KU fan that was mocking me after the game. I would have killed that drunken punk and gone to jail. Thank you to my wife.....

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 6 months ago

"What Would JackFrost Do?"

Long live Jack Frost. He was a good man who had problems with a woman that has an itchy finger. I suspect I'll be dead soon. That woman has no sense of humor. I wish JK was still around. Long live, Jack Frost/Spacehog.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 6 months ago

EMAW is the dumbest slogan, chant, motto, whatever ever. Lil' Brother best watch out tonight.

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

Was it '94 that K-State beat KU here in Lawrence and tore down our goal posts? I think I was going to K-State then...can't remember. Too many boys and bars back then.

highwater4 3 years, 6 months ago

I don't even remember what I did yesterday. Even if I quit drinking now, it's too late.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

hw4, I thought so...

I don't have any KU-KSU football memories, but I am not sad at all.
I just feel that it is like not having any alien abduction anal probe memories,

H_Lecter 3 years, 6 months ago

Checking to see if they really bleed purple

highwater4 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm confused. Is it a Wildcat or a Powercat? I like Willy better.

nobody1793 3 years, 6 months ago

I remember that time when our coach ate their coach.

At least I think I remember that. Maybe it was just a tee-shirt. I dunno.

highwater4 3 years, 6 months ago

I was first, Renaldo. It just didn't post. Hmm.

highwater4 3 years, 6 months ago

Probably the game in Manhattan in the 80's. KU lost, of course. This was during the glorious Bob Valasente Nasty Dog defense era. After the game the hicks celebrated by destroying Aggieville. We were chilling at a bar when some moron unleashed a can of tear gas. After some hucklebucks set fire to a nice VW Bug and pushed it through the front window of a movie theater, we'd had enough. On the way home we stopped at a truck stop in Paxico. One Mack truck in an empty parking lot, door open, nobody in it. Truck stops are creepy.

grammaddy 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm with Kelly, above, every time we kick that butt!! Keeping my fingers crossed or another victory tonight.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Probably the game I went to in Manhattan in the 80's. Of course, KU lost. This was during the glorious Bob Valasente-Nasty Dog defense era. The hicks immediately celebrated by destroying Aggieville. We were chilling in a bar when some moron tossed a can of tear gas. By the time we watched some hucklebucks set a nice VW Bug on fire and push it through the front window of a movie theater we were ready to go home. We stopped at a truck stop in Paxico on the way. There was a big Mack truck there, door open, nobody in it. Truck stops are creepy.