Previous   Next

What is your favorite KU-KSU football memory?

Asked at Wayne and Larry's Sports Bar, 933 Iowa St. on October 14, 2010

Browse the archives

“Anytime we (KU) beat them is a favorite memory.”

“Tailgating in the parking lot.”

“Watching my fiance cheer. He was a yell leader at KU.”

“After K-State won several in a row, maybe a dozen in a row, KU finally rose up and slayed the mighty beast.”

Comments

grammaddy 4 years, 2 months ago

I'm with Kelly, above, every time we kick that butt!! Keeping my fingers crossed or another victory tonight.

highwater4 4 years, 2 months ago

Probably the game in Manhattan in the 80's. KU lost, of course. This was during the glorious Bob Valasente Nasty Dog defense era. After the game the hicks celebrated by destroying Aggieville. We were chilling at a bar when some moron unleashed a can of tear gas. After some hucklebucks set fire to a nice VW Bug and pushed it through the front window of a movie theater, we'd had enough. On the way home we stopped at a truck stop in Paxico. One Mack truck in an empty parking lot, door open, nobody in it. Truck stops are creepy.

highwater4 4 years, 2 months ago

I was first, Renaldo. It just didn't post. Hmm.

nobody1793 4 years, 2 months ago

I remember that time when our coach ate their coach.

At least I think I remember that. Maybe it was just a tee-shirt. I dunno.

highwater4 4 years, 2 months ago

I'm confused. Is it a Wildcat or a Powercat? I like Willy better.

H_Lecter 4 years, 2 months ago

Checking to see if they really bleed purple

highwater4 4 years, 2 months ago

I don't even remember what I did yesterday. Even if I quit drinking now, it's too late.

fabian_zimbabwe 4 years, 2 months ago

No doubt about that, TOB. Add to which, Willie the Wildcat is easily the lamest mascot ever. Who's the dork who came up with that brilliant idea?

phoggyjay 4 years, 2 months ago

Back on the 14th of October, I think it was 2010, when KU won on that cool Thursday evening at Memorial Stadium.

notajayhawk 4 years, 2 months ago

In retrospect, don't you feel kinda' silly now?

phoggyjay 4 years, 2 months ago

Hey, somebody's gotta keep hope around here.

Richard Payton 4 years, 2 months ago

The only memory that comes to mind is the tiolet bowl -LONG LIVE THE TIOLET BOWL!

Kirk Larson 4 years, 2 months ago

I'm originally from Manhattan. My family came for the football game. Everyone else went to the game; my mom and I went to the Natural History Museum. Best. Game. Day. Ever!

Mary Darst 4 years, 2 months ago

Around 15 years ago, we had season tickets for football. One of those years when we played K-State at Lawrence, we got to Lawrence around 2:30. ( 6 p.m. game). We had never been to the Wheel, so that's where we went. To make a long story short, we ended up buying t-shirts at the Wheel that said " F*** the Wildcats". When we drug our butts up that hill to the game, then up the stairs at the stadium, My sister and her husband almost fell over. My brother in law just shook his head. I don't even recall the first 3 quarters. that someone we had a motel room.

hutchwoodyz 4 years, 2 months ago

My favorite KU-KSU memory is taking my one week old daughter to the game! That was 27 years ago and she's a true blue Jayhawk fan thru and thru!!

concernedeudoravoter 4 years, 2 months ago

Tonight's game - yep - tonight's game. Start counting the minutes before some KU fan posts.....'oh yeah.....wait till basketball season.'