Previous   Next

Do you listen to robo-calls from politicians?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 12, 2010

Browse the archives

“Absolutely not. I know it’s going to be the same garbage no matter what’s on that line.”

“No, because I feel if politicians have something they really want to say, they can say it in person and not hassle me in my home.”

“I listen to them sometimes if it’s the politician that I’m interested in.”

“No, I’m not a political person.”

Comments

labmonkey 3 years, 6 months ago

I would listen though if Cameron from Sarah Connor Chronicles called me.

labmonkey 3 years, 6 months ago

Sometimes, I forget to vote in the primaries due to busy schedules. I made sure my wife and I made it to vote against Patricia Lightner due to her incessant robo-calling. I was happy to vote for Yoder who is a moderate... but I might have forgot to vote if it were not for three robo-calls from Lightener.

We also voted againt Tihart thanks to robo-calls. Moran and Tihart were pretty much the same in my book when looking at both of them and originally I did not care who won. It was the robo-call from Sarah Palin that pushed us to vote for Moran.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Whitey, is it possible I've been posting too much and you just randomly delete some of them? I admit I run like a toilet sometimes. I apologize. But not to you. No way in hell. To the other peple who post stuff. So there.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Whitey, you sure jammed me up today.......

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

I want a robocop from the Robot on "Lost in Space". Or maybe Johnny Sako's Flying Robot. That would be cool.

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

Today's work phone call count:

0 robo calls 8 hang ups 4 telemarketers 3 really odd wrong numbers 8372a87.*2 times I've checked my e-mail and sighed....

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

Jack, did I tell you about basement boy's favorite drink. Gin with filtered river water and Gatorade. Not even a twist of lime. Is it getting close to Saturnalia? We do weird thing and drink a lot then.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Don't know a damn thing about teletubbies, but I do know that in some circles, arriving with your pants still on is considered poor form.

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto For doing the jobs that nobody wants to And thank you very much, Mr. Roboto For helping me escape just when I needed to Thank you-thank you, thank you I want to thank you, please, thank you

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

Hypothetically speaking, do teletubbies only have nine fingers?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 6 months ago

"If it was Courtney Cox's voice I might listen."

She's on the market again, so you might have a chance.

Richard Payton 3 years, 6 months ago

If it was Courtney Cox's voice I might listen.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Thank you, Brittney, ever so much....

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Yes, Frau O'Donnell. Oh, yes! You're a cheeky monkey. Eat that cheese. Pluck that banjo. You have very nice shoes, ma'am.

prospector 3 years, 6 months ago

Nobody likes Robo calls. Nobody....

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

What robot would you like to get a call from?

Me: Bender from Futurama.

You: ???

CWGOKU 3 years, 6 months ago

I only take calls from RoboCop.

Machiavelli_mania 3 years, 6 months ago

I am sure I will be getting some Hannity robo-calls as well.

Machiavelli_mania 3 years, 6 months ago

Looks like Affinitos is hiring so we can get those robo calls.

And I seem to remember in 2004 that a local GOP candidate used a church's robo-call machine to illegally tell local Democrats that they had to have their voter's registration card to vote in the election. Was he adequately punished for that? Who knows?!

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 6 months ago

I am more concerned about the robo-deletions of posts by Chrystal.

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

I just got a call from Frank Rizzo from NYC

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm hoping to get a long distance call from Kim Jong Nam. His dad is Elvis. Maybe I can get an autograph.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Oh Ms. O'Donnell, your a tramp, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean, and I bet you're not too far in between are ya. You witch, you savage, come on bark like a dog for me. How'd you like to dabble...

Damn the sin of Onan.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

I also got a call from Basement Boy. It was live, but all I got was a bunch of giggling and screaming so I hung up. Freak.....

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

We live in a political world Love don't have any place We're living in times Where men commit crimes And crime don't have any face.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

If Christine O'Donnell robo-called me, I might get naked for it. I'd love me a little afternoon tea party.

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

It is all a plot for robots to control us. Please pass the tin foil.

BABBOY 3 years, 6 months ago

Why?

I do not have to worry about it. I only have a cell phone and do not get those stupid calls. They drive my Mom nuts however. I used to get annoying emails from groups opposed to Obama. I think one my friends signed me up as a joke. Not sure how someone like me could be on one of those lists.

I hit reply and told them each time they sent me an email that I was donating $100 to Obama and I got an email noting my objection and tellling me they had taken me off their list.....I think I was on two of them briefly

Kontum1972 3 years, 6 months ago

these politicians need to get real jobs....they are just looking for a free ride..they are worse than communists

thuja 3 years, 6 months ago

Kind of like "Do you read the Journal World Extra" or rather "Do you immediately recycle/ throw away the Extra?"

I have noticed that since the week they decided to deliver the Extras in people's front yards instead of hanging them on th' front door, and mine and every one elses sat in their front yards for about a week, that they have apparently stopped dosing us with the Extras.

Thank you LJW.

prospector 3 years, 6 months ago

No but I don't hang up the phone. Just tying up their lines so the rest of you don't have to suffer through it.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Only when I feel lonely, thirsting for a human voice.

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

that would be a definite negative. The only time I listen is if it is dear leader or his heir apparent son.

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 6 months ago

No. Just no. In fact, considering the ill will they create you would think that politicians (and their PACs; god knows the number of repeat calls we have had from the NRA) would realize that they not only do no good they actually do harm.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 6 months ago

Not only no, but hell no. I call the campaign office responsible and let them know that because of the robo-call that I will not vote for their candidate.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Nope! I connect/disconnect without putting the receiver to my ear or let the machine answer it. I have usually determined who I will vote for long before the mud slinging robo-calls have started. Why are politicians exempt from "no call" listings? My phones are for my convenience, not theirs . . .

Long Live Caller ID!!!