Previous   Next

Do you listen to robo-calls from politicians?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 12, 2010

Browse the archives

“Absolutely not. I know it’s going to be the same garbage no matter what’s on that line.”

“No, because I feel if politicians have something they really want to say, they can say it in person and not hassle me in my home.”

“I listen to them sometimes if it’s the politician that I’m interested in.”

“No, I’m not a political person.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Nope! I connect/disconnect without putting the receiver to my ear or let the machine answer it. I have usually determined who I will vote for long before the mud slinging robo-calls have started. Why are politicians exempt from "no call" listings? My phones are for my convenience, not theirs . . .

Long Live Caller ID!!!

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 1 month ago

If by listening you mean hitting my phone repeatedly on the desk and shouting obscenities, then yes. I listen to them.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

Not only no, but hell no. I call the campaign office responsible and let them know that because of the robo-call that I will not vote for their candidate.

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 1 month ago

No. Just no. In fact, considering the ill will they create you would think that politicians (and their PACs; god knows the number of repeat calls we have had from the NRA) would realize that they not only do no good they actually do harm.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

As a lifetime member of the NRA, I too ignore the calls from them. On the other hand I do read what is sent in the mail, even if only to skim over it and throw it in the trash. Here's the kicker. I also read all anti-gun literature mailed to me. Disagreeing with them is no excuse for remaining ignorant of their stand.

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 1 month ago

No matter what they stand for, Roe, their tactics of multiple robo calls, which are resented by a great number of people (represented by the responses here) are a strike against them. In ways, I think they are forcing people to remain ignorant of their stand. No one wants to reasonably listen to someone when their actions have irritated to the level of anger. Do you think it's possible?

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

I don't get angry when I read an opposing view, and like I said, I don't listen to their or anyone's robo-calls. I get more FOP calls than anything else and even though I support law enforcement I ignore their calls for donations. If you think about it, you are allowing this to make you angry . . . and they don't care! Screen your calls and live in peace.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Never . . . ever . . . take a knife to a gun fight!

kernal 4 years, 1 month ago

Or all the stupid flyers in the mailbox everytime you turn around. What a waste of paper and ink. Have wondered how many of those ended up in the landfill versus being recycled.

SandCoAlmanac 4 years, 1 month ago

not sure what you mean by 'flyers,' but if it's junk mail like insurance, credit card offers, etc., you might want to opt out: http://www.optoutprescreen.com

Kontum1972 4 years, 1 month ago

these politicians need to get real jobs....they are just looking for a free ride..they are worse than communists

somedude20 4 years, 1 month ago

somedude20 4 years, 1 month ago

I just got a call from Frank Rizzo from NYC

somedude20 4 years, 1 month ago

Whitey hate us Jack!!! be taking away all our posts and sssssssstuff

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 1 month ago

Bender would probably just insult me and make me feel bad. I wouldn't mind talking to Hedonism-bot for a while though...

Richard Payton 4 years, 1 month ago

If it was Courtney Cox's voice I might listen.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 1 month ago

I'd rather make a pass at Betty White...there's plenty of time to catch up with Ms. Cox.

labmonkey 4 years, 1 month ago

Sometimes, I forget to vote in the primaries due to busy schedules. I made sure my wife and I made it to vote against Patricia Lightner due to her incessant robo-calling. I was happy to vote for Yoder who is a moderate... but I might have forgot to vote if it were not for three robo-calls from Lightener.

We also voted againt Tihart thanks to robo-calls. Moran and Tihart were pretty much the same in my book when looking at both of them and originally I did not care who won. It was the robo-call from Sarah Palin that pushed us to vote for Moran.

labmonkey 4 years, 1 month ago

I would listen though if Cameron from Sarah Connor Chronicles called me.