Previous   Next

What family photo do you treasure the most?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on October 11, 2010

Browse the archives

“The photo of my little brother and I, he’s about 2 and I’m about 3 … we’re just looking cute. , ”

“Last weekend, when my Dad came, we had a family photo of my four children, my husband and my father. It was really nice.”

“Probably my parents, both of them are gone.”

“Pictures of my children.”

Related story

Comments

coolmom 4 years, 2 months ago

my teens when they were sweet. pics of the hubby and i still looking young and unfazed by life.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

None of that left after going into the witness protection plan. . . . oops . . ..

Flap Doodle 4 years, 2 months ago

We had a wonderful picture of Grandpa Snap chasing a mammoth. Since it was painted on the wall of the cave, we had to leave it behind when we moved to escape the glaciers.

Linda Aikins 4 years, 2 months ago

A picture of my mom and dad in the 70s when they were both healthy. Dad has on his blue plaid jacket and mom has her red hair piled way high. They are standing by their yellow chevy. They are both gone now so it makes it a good memory.

And of course any pictures of my kids and grandkids!

John Spencer 4 years, 2 months ago

Officer manager? I have a family photo taken in the early 1900's and one Uncle is at both ends of the family picture. How is this possible you ask without digital wizardry? Well back in the day many family pictures were taken by a panaramic camera that had a sliding element, so if you knew it, you could start on one end of the picture wait a couple of seconds and then run like crazy to the other end and be in the picture twice.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Was it taken July 30,1975 about 2:30 PM at the Red Fox Restaurant?

Deja Coffin 4 years, 2 months ago

The very few photos I have of my brother-in-law holding his my daughter. She was his only niece and he just thought the absolute world of her. He was such a great uncle and she lost him way too early. He was 23 and she was almost 2 when he passed away. I just love those pictures because you can see the love they have for each other. The 3rd word she learned to say was his name. Those photos mean so much to me.

Romans832 4 years, 2 months ago

My favorite family picture is a three-generation picture of myself, my mother, and my maternal grandmother. I was between two and three years old.

Sheryl Wiggins 4 years, 2 months ago

hmmm 1983.....I had the modified feather'd Farrah Fawcett

Deja Coffin 4 years, 2 months ago

Me 2001.... and there's not much to say about my picture just a cute gray fuzzy sweater and I curled my hair.... but more importantly I just wanted everyone else to feel really old! :-)

Deja Coffin 4 years, 2 months ago

I forgot to put in my evil laugh, "muhahahahah" there, now I feel better!

schula 4 years, 2 months ago

from 1981 -- a pink sweater and the modified Farah hair, too!

Chrissy Neibarger 4 years, 2 months ago

1991 as well.. Big ass hair (that required half a can of hairspray), three pairs of socks that matched the three big hoops in my hair and cut-off acid washed shorts with biker shorts underneath and my hard rock t-shirt! LOL

grimpeur 4 years, 2 months ago

Yea, my ass hair was pretty big back then, too. But it was fashionable!

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Wait, wait, waaaiiiiiiitttttt a minute! 67 years old with a hip replacement, graduated in 1991, two (?) psycho ex hubbies . . . . . . I'm bettin' you're a lot of fun at a party . . . ;-)

calwt262 4 years, 2 months ago

Picture of my wife and I, circa summer 2001, at her parents house in southern California. We were dating then, madly in love with nothing but optimism. The only problem with the picture is on the patio table next me...photographic evidence that I have actually consumed a wine cooler.