Previous   Next

What family photo do you treasure the most?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on October 11, 2010

Browse the archives

“The photo of my little brother and I, he’s about 2 and I’m about 3 … we’re just looking cute. , ”

“Last weekend, when my Dad came, we had a family photo of my four children, my husband and my father. It was really nice.”

“Probably my parents, both of them are gone.”

“Pictures of my children.”

Related story

Comments

calwt262 3 years, 6 months ago

Picture of my wife and I, circa summer 2001, at her parents house in southern California. We were dating then, madly in love with nothing but optimism. The only problem with the picture is on the patio table next me...photographic evidence that I have actually consumed a wine cooler.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

I guess Basement Boy is having a party tonight. He's serving hot toddies with rufies. Oh, I found a pic of him. http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/images/Gimp2.jpg

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Renaldo, I'll be having a Squanto party tonight. Everyone is invited but you'll have to take your shirts off. I think the appropriate drink is Rock n' Rye, but i'm not sure what the hell rye is. I think it was a little before my time.

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

Wait wait wait. I want to talk about our High School Senior pictures.

(maybe it is nostalgic since I just lost all of my year books K thru 12 in a bad book mold accident)

Me: 1991 and I had some rockin' mall bangs. But I had on an awesome blue shirt that showed off my baby blue eyes wink

You???

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm sticking with the mojito. The perfect drink for all occasions. Well maybe not a Bris, that calls for Everclear, the drink, not the band. Especially if you are the mohel.

prospector 3 years, 6 months ago

The Big Sea ESB is on sale today. We can toast the Nina. the Pinta, and the Santa Maria

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Cause I'm ready to party like it's 1492!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Anyone hosting a good Columbus Day party?

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

My great grandmother had old family photos on her parlor wall. I don't remember who the people were, but they sure were scary. Hopefully I was adopted?

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

The replacement turntable plate for my microwave is about $35. A new microwave is $50. Is there a disconnect here? Made in China by the lowest bidder.

Romans832 3 years, 6 months ago

My favorite family picture is a three-generation picture of myself, my mother, and my maternal grandmother. I was between two and three years old.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

In fourteen hundred ninety-two, Columbus sailed the ocean blue And found this land, land of the Free, Beloved by you, beloved by me. And in the year sixteen and seven, Good Captain Smith thought he’d reach Heav’n, And then he founded Jamestown City, Alas, ’tis gone, oh, what a pity. ’Twas in September sixteen nine, WIth ship, Half Moon, a read Dutch sign, That Henry Hudson found the stream, The Hudson River of our dream. In sixteen twenty, pilgrims saw Our land that had no unjust law. Their children live here to this day, Proud citizens of U.S.A. In sixteen hundred eighty-three, Good William Penn stood ’neath a tree And swore that unto his life’s end He would be the Indian’s friend. In seventeen hundred seventy-five, Good Paul Revere was then alive; He rode like wild throughout the night, And called the Minute Men to fight. Year seventeen hundred seventy-six, July the fourth, this date please fix Within your minds, my children dear, For that was Independence Year. In that same year on a bitter night At Trenton was an awful fight, But by our brave George Washington The battle was at last well won. Two other dates in your mind fix—Franklin born in seventeen six, And Washington first said “Boo-Hoo” In seventeen hundred thirty-two. In seventeen hundred seventy-nine, Paul Jones, who was a captain fine, Gained our first naval victory Fighting on the big, wide sea. And in the year eighteen and four, Lewis and Clark both went before, And blazed for us the Oregon Trail Where men go now in ease by rail. In eighteen hundred and thirteen, On great Lake Erie could be seen Our Perry fight the Union Jack And drive it from our shores far back. In eighteen hundred and sixty-one, An awful war was then begun Between the brothers of our land, Who now together firmly stand. In eighteen hundred sixty-three, Each slave was told that he was free By Lincoln, with whom few compare In being kind and just and fair. In eighteen hundred eighty-one, At Panama there was begun By good De Lesseps, wise and great, The big canal, now our ship’s gate. At San Juan, eighteen ninety-eight, Our brave Rough Riders lay in wait, And on the land brought victory, While Dewey won it on the sea. In nineteen hundred and fifteen, Was shown a panoramic screen At San Francisco’s wondrous fair; All peoples were invited there. But cruel war in that same year Kept strangers from our land o’ cheer, And nineteen seventeen brought here The war that filled our hearts with fear. Thank God in nineteen eighteen Peace on earth again was seen, And we are praying that she’ll stay Forever in our U.S.A.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 6 months ago

The very few photos I have of my brother-in-law holding his my daughter. She was his only niece and he just thought the absolute world of her. He was such a great uncle and she lost him way too early. He was 23 and she was almost 2 when he passed away. I just love those pictures because you can see the love they have for each other. The 3rd word she learned to say was his name. Those photos mean so much to me.

CWGOKU 3 years, 6 months ago

The one with me and Jimmy Hoffa...

John Spencer 3 years, 6 months ago

Officer manager? I have a family photo taken in the early 1900's and one Uncle is at both ends of the family picture. How is this possible you ask without digital wizardry? Well back in the day many family pictures were taken by a panaramic camera that had a sliding element, so if you knew it, you could start on one end of the picture wait a couple of seconds and then run like crazy to the other end and be in the picture twice.

Gootsie 3 years, 6 months ago

A picture of my mom and dad in the 70s when they were both healthy. Dad has on his blue plaid jacket and mom has her red hair piled way high. They are standing by their yellow chevy. They are both gone now so it makes it a good memory.

And of course any pictures of my kids and grandkids!

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 6 months ago

I eagerly await Spacehog's response.

prospector 3 years, 6 months ago

The picture taken in the spring of 1977.

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

That is a hard one.

I'd say my college graduation shot on the hill with the family. I hadn't seen them in a long time and it took me a long time in life to make it there. The ex wasn't in it. (This would be the ex before the current ex-loveofmylife.) But my brotheroutoflaw is in the pic and I was as big as a house back then.

I need to learn how to photoshop, I guess.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

My autographed photo of Ron and Nancy Regan.

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

the one with me and cousin Che and Uncle Fidel...

Flap Doodle 3 years, 6 months ago

We had a wonderful picture of Grandpa Snap chasing a mammoth. Since it was painted on the wall of the cave, we had to leave it behind when we moved to escape the glaciers.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

None of that left after going into the witness protection plan. . . . oops . . ..

coolmom 3 years, 6 months ago

my teens when they were sweet. pics of the hubby and i still looking young and unfazed by life.