Previous   Next

Are you excited about the mid-term elections?

Asked at The Merc, 901 Iowa St. on October 9, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, I am because I think we shouldn’t have puppy mills around in Missouri, and I really want that stopped.”

“Yes, I don’t have to work them.”

“No, I’m just not very involved with politics.”

“I would be excited … if people really paid attention.”

Comments

Flap Doodle 4 years, 2 months ago

This winter I will salt my food with the bitter tears of defeated Democrats.

Charlie Bannister 4 years, 2 months ago

And a fine seasoning that will be, my friend.

beatrice 4 years, 2 months ago

snap, seeing as how you have been one of the biggest whining crybaby sore losers ever on these boards, your comment is pure comedy.

Charlie Bannister 4 years, 2 months ago

Yes--a "change" to Marxism does not fit with my love of liberty and freedom very well. By the way, nice picture of Jim Croce (I think).

beatrice 4 years, 2 months ago

We don't have an Anointed One, Tom. We have an Elected One. Sorry you hate American elections so much ... except those that go in favor of your beloved Party. Party over country -- pathetic anti-American sore loser behavior.

beatrice 4 years, 2 months ago

The fact that we elect officials won't change, no matter who wins. Nobody will be anointed, they will all be elected. That will be the American tune I will still be singing after the coming election. I'm sure you won't recognize that tune, however, seeing as how you will continue to have the anti-American outlook of always putting party before country.

beatrice 4 years, 2 months ago

How exactly does being an Independent change your options? Unless you have always voted strickly on party lines, then what difference does it really make? You could be a registered Republican just to vote for the most moderate candidate in a primary, then vote for the Democrat in the elections, or vice versa. Even if affiliated with a party, I would hope people feel independent enough to vote as they desire, without concern of party affiliation. I'm a Democrat because of Republican stands on social issues more than anything else, but that doesn't prevent me from voting for qualified or intelligent Republicans when they are running.

mr_right_wing 4 years, 2 months ago

Being 'unaffiliated' is foolish.

It just means you cannot vote in the primary (or be involved behind the scenes) and help shape who will end up in the general election.

Registering with a party really doesn't lock you into anything. i could register to be a dem (and get to vote in the primary) and then still vote republican on election day, and vise-versa.

nobody1793 4 years, 2 months ago

26th!

Someone give me a freaking medal.

Stuart Evans 4 years, 2 months ago

I'd be excited if it made half a bean of difference. New faces, same criminals.

snoozey 4 years, 2 months ago

Absolutely - whom would I choose to sell me out this time ?

independant1 4 years, 2 months ago

Once a man wants to hold a Public Office, he is absolutely no good for honest work. (Will Rogers)

asbury 4 years, 2 months ago

Yes. I , too am concerned about the puppy mills in Misoouri. And Roy Blunt has to go!

yourworstnightmare 4 years, 2 months ago

Yes, because the overconfidence of the GOP will be shown to be hollow. The tea party movement will be shown to be hollow. The tea partiers will not score the big victory they desire, and they will lose interest. The end of the tea party will be at hand.

The TOP (tea old party) will pick up seats in the house and senate but will retake neither. Not much fun for them. Not the revolution that they so desire.

Remember, not voting means you are voting for the TOP.

kernal 4 years, 2 months ago

Emily, if you live in Lawrence how are you going to vote for Proposition B in Missouri?

mr_right_wing 4 years, 2 months ago

I didn't realize you're not news director for ch. 6 anymore Cody.

"Communications coordinator" sounds a little less stressful.