Previous   Next

What is your favorite fall season food or snack?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and La. on October 7, 2010

Browse the archives

“Chili with cheese and a little chopped onions on top.”

“Chili, medium hot and I got to have a little cheese and onions with it, and maybe a little chili dog with it.”

“Pot roast with potatoes and carrots and gravy.”

“Kraut and Bratwurst.”

Comments

Bill Lee 4 years, 2 months ago

soup, stew & chili...the tasty trinity.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Biscuits with sausage gravy. Think I'll fix up a batch Saturday morning.

Jack, ball peen hammers were mostly used as a blacksmith tool for shaping hot metal rivets. Some carpenters still use them on punches and chisels. (Damn, I'm a cabinet maker and still had to look that up . . . gettin' old)

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

Had a framing contractor once tell me the worst person he ever hired was a cabinet maker for framing a house. Said we are too anal about precise measurements . . .

independant1 4 years, 2 months ago

in 6th grade we were told french kissing was mortal sin and you'd go to he11.

Julie Craig 4 years, 2 months ago

Chili is a good one. I LOVE the Little Debbie pumpkin delights!! They look like mini jack-o-lanterns and taste like a soft ginger snap.

They are only in stores this time of year, so I buy them and put some in the freezer.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 2 months ago

Once you have your hammer situation under control, it's time to think about mallets.

somedude20 4 years, 2 months ago

christina hendricks is my football snack and I turn the volume up to 11

somedude20 4 years, 2 months ago

Zombies.....where? Oh poo, thank god for all the fat bodies in this town as I only have to out run them. fat people are god's gift to zombies. I once saw a freshly made female zombie and I almost was her snack as I checked out her rack but before I knew it, she tried to chew it and I got the F out of there

riverdrifter 4 years, 2 months ago

Venison chili but I'm out of venison and none in the offing. Trail cameras show nothing but turkeys & squirrels coming to the game feeders by day, coons by night.

countrygirl 4 years, 2 months ago

My hubby would answer gumbo. But I think he'll eat gumbo no matter what the temp is.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

ewww . . . the only gumbo I ever had tasted like pond mud. Bad experience that made me leery of ever trying it again.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

at leest yuo dint ask me how i knowed whut pondmud tastered like . . .

countrygirl 4 years, 2 months ago

I've been told by a friend with Gulf roots that I make a pretty mean gumbo for a Kansas farm girl. :)