Previous   Next

What is your favorite fall season food or snack?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and La. on October 7, 2010

Browse the archives

“Chili with cheese and a little chopped onions on top.”

“Chili, medium hot and I got to have a little cheese and onions with it, and maybe a little chili dog with it.”

“Pot roast with potatoes and carrots and gravy.”

“Kraut and Bratwurst.”

Comments

H_Lecter 3 years, 6 months ago

Trick-or-treaters (human veal)

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

A fake zombie walk? Nothing like tempting fate.

countrygirl 3 years, 6 months ago

My hubby would answer gumbo. But I think he'll eat gumbo no matter what the temp is.

riverdrifter 3 years, 6 months ago

Venison chili but I'm out of venison and none in the offing. Trail cameras show nothing but turkeys & squirrels coming to the game feeders by day, coons by night.

Defender 3 years, 6 months ago

Great seasonal beers. Oh, and pumpkin pie!

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Hang in there, g_rock. You'll probably either lose or gain some weight. I used to lose a lot when that happened. But this too shall pass. Get back on the the horse that bucked ya. Well, not the same horse.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

I like the hammer that Leatherface used in "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". He wacked that kid on the head, kid immediately falls to the floor and does a death jig. I think it was a small sledge. I hope tomorrows' question will be "What is your favorite hammer?"

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

Zombies.....where? Oh poo, thank god for all the fat bodies in this town as I only have to out run them. fat people are god's gift to zombies. I once saw a freshly made female zombie and I almost was her snack as I checked out her rack but before I knew it, she tried to chew it and I got the F out of there

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

christina hendricks is my football snack and I turn the volume up to 11

prospector 3 years, 6 months ago

Brains!!!!!!!! on the Zombie walk tonight!

and Free State beer

Flap Doodle 3 years, 6 months ago

Once you have your hammer situation under control, it's time to think about mallets.

Julie Craig 3 years, 6 months ago

Chili is a good one. I LOVE the Little Debbie pumpkin delights!! They look like mini jack-o-lanterns and taste like a soft ginger snap.

They are only in stores this time of year, so I buy them and put some in the freezer.

CWGOKU 3 years, 6 months ago

Colder beer to adjust my body with the outdoor temperature.

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

R_I says a peening hammer is used to beat on metal. I say it is used to stun the hog before you start butchering it. It can also be used to put some really cool decorative marks on the trunk of your dads car....but that one is kind of dicey..

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 6 months ago

What is being asked of me? I have like 10 hammers of various types.

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

I still swing the first framing hammer I bought in 1978. The checkering is a bit worn, but it is very effective for many uses. And the cheater that I am, use that big hammer for trim work...just take it easy and have touch...

Let's go with the slowly grilled pork loin seasoned with coriander and cardamon with roasted sweet potatoe medallions sprinkled with clove and brown sugar and some apple slices sauteed in butter. Oh,,,and a big scotch on the rocks.

ohjayhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

Caramel apples rolled in peanuts

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

“Pot roast with potatoes and carrots and gravy.”

Just the answer I would expect from June Cleaver. Lookin' good, June!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Jack, One always requires the right hammer for the right job. To properly fly solo, you will need at least 7. Ask TOB. The peening head is used to work harden small areas of metal. Every type of hammer has its intended use, even the old framing hammer with the broken claw I carry as my war hammer / tire thumper / persuader.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

I used to shoot a nail gun at my boss, or vice versa, but rarely did we hit each other. They need some rifling in the barrel of those things. My favorite tool was the ram set. There are few greater pleasures in life than pounding a .22 bullet into concrete with a hammer. It was 1989. I was 24. It was a very good year, except for the DUI.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Autumn olive berries. It's kinda sorta like tounge kissing Kristy Holland in the 6th grade. When the ripe fruit is picked just before the first frost, the flavor is awesome and the fruit quite juicy. If you eat them then, the tartness will pucker your mouth, but sweetness is your reward.

g_rock 3 years, 6 months ago

Today's answer is a big pile o' poo. Ask me tomorrow and I may have a different answer.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

I did do some framing work for about a month one summer. But it mostly involved drinking. We always went to Time Out for lunch schooners. Johnny's after work. On rain days we'd meet at East Side Tavern at about 10am and get 'er rollin'. Once we were building something out in the middle of nowhere near a pond. It was about 100 degrees so all we were wearing was our tool belts and shoes. Every so often we'd jump in the pond to cool off. My butt got so I fried I couldn't sit down for a week. True story.

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

Biscuits with sausage gravy. Think I'll fix up a batch Saturday morning.

Jack, ball peen hammers were mostly used as a blacksmith tool for shaping hot metal rivets. Some carpenters still use them on punches and chisels. (Damn, I'm a cabinet maker and still had to look that up . . . gettin' old)

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

I have a question, possibly for Renaldo. What in the hell is a ball peen hammer supposed to be used for? I was putting in some finish nails in the trim around my windows yesterday and I borrowed my neighbor's ball peen hammer. The damn thing kept skidding off the nails. I'm tenacious, though. I must have smashed through 6 windows before I gave up. Good thing I don't have the heat on yet. 70's session drummer Jim Gordon used one in the early 80's, but definitely not for it's proper use. Google it.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Bacon strips, year round. As it starts to get colder I'll be going through about a quart of Wild Turkey/day. It used to be Everclear but last November I downed a pint and when I lit a cig, flames came flying out of my mouth. I torched my eyebrows and bangs. That stuff is 190 proof.

Bill Lee 3 years, 6 months ago

soup, stew & chili...the tasty trinity.