Previous   Next

Have you turned on your heat yet?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 6, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, it was cold at night.”

“No … I usually want the air conditioning running because I usually run pretty hot.”

“No, I have not. It’s still too warm out for me.”

“No, we don’t usually turn it on until about Christmas.”

Comments

grammaddy 4 years, 2 months ago

Just once for about 10 minutes to take the chill off the house. It actually got to freezing the night before.

somedude20 4 years, 2 months ago

I can hold off but not until December 25th. “No, we don’t usually turn it on until about Christmas.”

"You're as cold as ice You're willing to sacrifice our love You never take advice Someday you'll pay the price, I know"

somedude20 4 years, 2 months ago

One? only if has Maui Waui or some Labrador in it man.

You're not shy, you get around You wanna fly, don't want your feet on the ground You stay up, you won't come down You wanna live, you wanna move to the sound Got fire, in your veins, burnin' hot, but you don't feel the pain

Kontum1972 4 years, 2 months ago

NO...i have a box of strike anywhere matches.....and a big pot of Ho' made chili.....

Flap Doodle 4 years, 2 months ago

I have turned on the heat ... in my trousers.

kernal 4 years, 2 months ago

Ditto to all the above, except I turn the thermostat down to 66 at night. My dad used to turn it down to 62, which was ridiculously cold in the morning.

Nick Yoho 4 years, 2 months ago

NOW we know the truth! ( I always wonder what it was).

kernal 4 years, 2 months ago

Is that to air out the results of the road kill you ate the night before?

Kirk Larson 4 years, 2 months ago

Huh? Sorry, I don't have your digestive or culinary problems. I just like the cool air in the house when I wake up all snug under my blankets. Besides, it gets up into the 70's and 80's still. Why should I waste money on heat?

kernal 4 years, 2 months ago

It was supposed to be a joke Cappy. I don't have culinary problems either.

Kirk Larson 4 years, 2 months ago

I figured it was a joke, but it was an off topic joke at my expense, so I was entitled to respond.

dogsandcats 4 years, 2 months ago

Just for a short while the other night, and I only turned it up to 68 at that. Just enough to get the chill out. Now it's off again and I slept with the windows open last night.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 2 months ago

Yes, my wife's a wuss when it comes to the cold.

sassypants 4 years, 2 months ago

Yes, my hubby's a wuss when it comes to the cold.

nobody1793 4 years, 2 months ago

Not yet. I put some uranium rods in the fireplace, but I can't get them suckers lit.

gphawk89 4 years, 2 months ago

Just keep stacking the rods up. Get enough in there and they'll light themselves.

riverdrifter 4 years, 2 months ago

Not yet. I suppose I should go pick up a couple tons of pellet fuel. I wanted to burn corn but it's too pricey. Good for the farmers, bad for heating.

beatrice 4 years, 2 months ago

I believe yesterday was the first day we have had under 100 here in Phoenix. So, um, no, we haven't turned on the heat yet.

statesman 4 years, 2 months ago

As a retiree of Westar and my partner is a retiree of Kansas Gas Service, we constantly have something on, either heat or airconditioning. The windows in our house are sealed and we need one or the other running constantly. But the benefits of being retired utility company management pretty much eliminate any utility bills for us.

Practicality 4 years, 2 months ago

I refuse to watch the Heat ever since the Lebron James soap opera.

whats_going_on 4 years, 2 months ago

A couple of times just overnight when it got down below 40. I hate trying to get ready in the morning when it's freezing.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 2 months ago

In other alarming news: “Forecasters say this winter could be the coldest Europe has seen in the last 1,000 years. The change is reportedly connected with the speed of the Gulf Stream, which has shrunk in half in just the last couple of years. Polish scientists say that it means the stream will not be able to compensate for the cold from the Arctic winds. According to them, when the stream is completely stopped, a new Ice Age will begin in Europe…” http://rt.com/prime-time/2010-10-04/coldest-winter-emergency-measures.html (a grain of salt should accompany the above text)

kernal 4 years, 2 months ago

At least we're going to have a La Nina winter instead of El Nino winter like the last one.

somedude20 4 years, 2 months ago

I have a heart meal of beans then break wind (was going to say fart but I bet that will get my post removed) into a storage container that locks my "wind" in and then open it whenever my place gets cold.

meat and beans, warm hippie homes and farts live unprecedented

notanoobhere 4 years, 2 months ago

I dont need no furnace crap just skin me up some animals and wear them hides, or burn my old used oil from ma truck on a old tire and that'll keep me nice and warm like.

Scott Morgan 4 years, 2 months ago

Get up, put sweatshirt on, hit the Sun Twins heater switch, Mz Mo wakes up to warm an toasty boudoir, rest of home nice and cold.

Haven't used the furnace in 3 years. Wood + Sun Twin, but last Winter was a bugger.

TopJayhawk 4 years, 2 months ago

Lots of ways to heat the house this time of yr without using fossil fuels. Besides, when you are as old as I am, using fossil fuels feels a little like cannibalism. Just throw another blanket on the bed, go down and walk a picket-line of protest at Walmart, and you will be good to go. Or, pay your $75.00 fee, and start a fire.