Previous   Next

Did you have a stuffed animal when you were a child?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 5, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes I did, his name is Andy. He is a gigantic bear … and I still have him, and he is still on my bed.”

“I did, I had a collection of stuffed bunny rabbits … my favorite was the one that had a book with it called ‘Leo the Lop.’”

“Yes I did. My favorite one was from when we went to Disneyland. I had one of Pluto. It was a dog.”

“Yeah, I had one. It was named Dave. It was a teddy bear. His head got chopped off.”

Comments

asbury 3 years, 6 months ago

I had a favorite...and I still sleep with a stuffed animal if away from home....

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

I'd like to have Joaquin Phoenix for a stuffed animal. I'd douse him in kerosene and light him on fire. Does he still think he's Johnny Cash? Another case where the parents should be slapped. If they didn't drag their kids into that Children of God hippie pedophile cult in the 70's his overrated geek brother might still be here and Jokewin wouldn't be a basket case.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

I used to have a Stretch Armstrong doll. I finally tore it open to find out what the hell was inside it. Some green gunk. I saw one on ebay a while back. Somebody bid $3000 on it. One of many toys I guess I should have kept.

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Thanks..a lot.. Leslie. Thanks Lindsey, for removing a couple of my most revealing memories. It's bad enough I don't have a job. But I put myself out there for the world to see. I trusted you and you slammed my boner into the ground. If you have a problem with inflatable dolls, take your action elsewhere. Can we at least have a censor who isn't sexist? I guess I'll head over to the Shenago for a couple of hours and then pass out in the middle of Wakarusa Dr. Happy?

Mary Darst 3 years, 6 months ago

Don't remember. But, the 50 or so Webkinz and the 30 or more care Bears I've bought ought to count for something.

scopi_guy 3 years, 6 months ago

I had quite a few. Dapper Dan (who came with a blue plastic see-thru record, which I played constantly and irritated the heck out of everyone in the house).
And the talking Bozo the clown. I don't remember him ever working, though. Pull the string and it would just zip back in really quick. He scared the hell out of me. I learned to fix the Mattel pullstring talkers from the 60s several years ago. Back then, the only replacement belts I could find were at University Audio. I don't know what it was really supposed to be used for, but they fit perfectly.
Well over ten years ago I fixed a Mrs. Beasley for a lady I worked with. I ran into her late last year and that was the first thing she remembered!

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

Besides my blow up dolls, I had some lighters for my cigs, razor blades, knives, throwing stars, and a couple of zip guns my dad made for me. No stuffed animals. I really miss toxic toys. I foundly remember eating the paint off of my Tonka(tm) truck. Oh, and my folks used to let me play around in the medicine cabinet sometimes.

Benjamin Roberts 3 years, 6 months ago

I thought every 60's/70's child had one of these that they regretted they no longer have: http://www.nancysantiquesdollsandtoys.com/Online_catalog/teddy/yellow-monkey.jpg

somedude20 3 years, 6 months ago

prospector 3 years, 6 months ago

I have two goats, the fainting kind, available for stuffing.

Pywacket 3 years, 6 months ago

Oh--Rin Tin Tin is a dog.

In case anyone's wondering.

So is Bonzo.

(heehee)

Pywacket 3 years, 6 months ago

Had lots of stuffed animals, but the one that's still with me is Rin Tin Tin. I also have my dad's 30s-era Bonzo, who should probably be insured, as he was mfg by a prominent company and is an extremely rare collectible. Bonzo & Rinny sit together and discuss mid-century canine culture.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Don't try to put lipstick on a pig...

Goat fornication is a sin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Damn goat stuffers.

Must be one of those thin little pancake eater thingys

Tom Shewmon 3 years, 6 months ago

Define "child". But no, not one single stuffed animal. No blankie either. I had a BB gun, ice skates, hockey sticks/pucks, baseball glove, bat, baseballs, a hatchet, a bike and mask/fins. Oh, and a stack of mags my brother and I kept hidden in our treehouse. And look at how great my EQ is!

consumer1 3 years, 6 months ago

Never had a stuffed animal or GI Joe's, Never had a Big wheel, I had hand me down shoes, clothes, and bicycle. I did get a brand new baseball glove once, then my older brother cried so he got mine and I got his? NO stuffed animals though. Do you think that is why I am such a trouble maker?

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

You know, other things can be stuffed besides animals. I really enjoy stuffed peppers.

trinity 3 years, 6 months ago

i had a stuffed deputy dawg! gave him to my kids many moons ago...he is, no more. :( i still have a stuffed "jerry", the mouse from tom&jerry...that guy is nearly 50 now! :)
film, i feel you; it's the same in the hamlet where i live. i cannot get over that the incessant barking doesn't bother the dog's owner, too??? aghhhhh. makes me crazy. sometimes yelling STFU out the window works, for a while. ;)

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

“Yeah, I had one. It was named Dave. It was a teddy bear. His head got chopped off.”

Hmm. Female serial killer? A rare find!

JackFrost 3 years, 6 months ago

filmmaker06 3 years, 6 months ago

My whole block has dogs they don't take care of that bark all day, lawrence needs a way to report people without calling the police and having to go through that process.

autie 3 years, 6 months ago

just the usual you know, stuffed turkey, stuffed chicken.. I did have some stuffed shrimp but they didn't last very long.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 6 months ago

Pluto is a dog? Oh, God. That's weird. What the hell is Goofy?

RoeDapple 3 years, 6 months ago

cuzin elroy had some stuft gerbils but i cant talk boutit