Previous   Next

Did you have a stuffed animal when you were a child?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 5, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes I did, his name is Andy. He is a gigantic bear … and I still have him, and he is still on my bed.”

“I did, I had a collection of stuffed bunny rabbits … my favorite was the one that had a book with it called ‘Leo the Lop.’”

“Yes I did. My favorite one was from when we went to Disneyland. I had one of Pluto. It was a dog.”

“Yeah, I had one. It was named Dave. It was a teddy bear. His head got chopped off.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 9 months ago

cuzin elroy had some stuft gerbils but i cant talk boutit

beatrice 4 years, 9 months ago

Joaquin Phoenix. Well, he seems pretty goofy to me.

filmmaker06 4 years, 9 months ago

My whole block has dogs they don't take care of that bark all day, lawrence needs a way to report people without calling the police and having to go through that process.

BrianR 4 years, 9 months ago

If it is the stuffed dogs that are barking, you might not want to provoke this poster.

trinity 4 years, 9 months ago

i had a stuffed deputy dawg! gave him to my kids many moons ago...he is, no more. :( i still have a stuffed "jerry", the mouse from tom&jerry...that guy is nearly 50 now! :)
film, i feel you; it's the same in the hamlet where i live. i cannot get over that the incessant barking doesn't bother the dog's owner, too??? aghhhhh. makes me crazy. sometimes yelling STFU out the window works, for a while. ;)

trinity 4 years, 9 months ago

whatever sort of filler they put in toys back in the late 50's, early 60's; most likely had asbestos, lead, some other weird harmful ingredient... or maybe they are stuffed with gravy&biskits? :)

somedude20 4 years, 9 months ago

trinity 4 years, 9 months ago

awwwww! i forgot about him-i think he was called "mr. bim" or something! yep had one! mine had a banana in its hand, too...

Mike Hatch 4 years, 9 months ago

I had quite a few. Dapper Dan (who came with a blue plastic see-thru record, which I played constantly and irritated the heck out of everyone in the house).
And the talking Bozo the clown. I don't remember him ever working, though. Pull the string and it would just zip back in really quick. He scared the hell out of me. I learned to fix the Mattel pullstring talkers from the 60s several years ago. Back then, the only replacement belts I could find were at University Audio. I don't know what it was really supposed to be used for, but they fit perfectly.
Well over ten years ago I fixed a Mrs. Beasley for a lady I worked with. I ran into her late last year and that was the first thing she remembered!

Mary Darst 4 years, 9 months ago

Don't remember. But, the 50 or so Webkinz and the 30 or more care Bears I've bought ought to count for something.

somedude20 4 years, 9 months ago

asbury 4 years, 9 months ago

I had a favorite...and I still sleep with a stuffed animal if away from home....