Previous   Next

When will you put up your holiday decorations?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth St. on November 27, 2010

Browse the archives

“My wife does the decorations, so whenever she tells me to.”

“I’ll put up my Christmas holiday decorations up after Thanksgiving.”

“My kids start putting them up after Thanksgiving.”

“The holiday decorations will go up as quickly as I can get them up this weekend.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 4 months ago

I put some on my mailbox to give the mailman something to look forward to when he comes to my box HA. I respect the poor mailman and all he has to do during the busy holiday season, they are the real santas! AND lawyers are, terrible, horrible scum.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 4 months ago

Put some holly on the Mossberg this afternoon. It looks very festive now.

oneeye_wilbur 3 years, 4 months ago

As soon as the neighbors put up some nice ones, that I can take from them. It is neighborly to share decorations. Just drive around and take what you want. After all, it is the season of giving and taking. Lawrence is such a caring community, never caring if someone takes your stuff or you take theirs. It's only short lived anyway. After all, who wants a red nosed reindeer on the roof year round!

staff04 3 years, 4 months ago

I took mine down when the Senate passed the health care reform bill and they won't go back up.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

Lawyers are horrible, horrible, horrible people.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

First. Okay, wait. Now I get it. Well, it was warm on Wed. so I went ahead and buried land mines in the front yard. I lined the driveway with IED's, and I've got 50,000 volts of electricity hooked up to the front doorknob. I really don't want any trick or treaters this year.

psycho_theclown 3 years, 4 months ago

I put my Christmas tree boxers on yesterday and leave them on till the ornaments get rusty.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 4 months ago

Does putting Santy Claus hats on the lemurs count?

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

Christmas decorations are an abomination in the eyes of your Lord. God Hates Christmas Lights. And God Hates Tires. And God Hates Lawyers.

Zachary Stoltenberg 3 years, 4 months ago

We started two weeks ago, it takes a while to put up over 10,000 lights! Stop by and check us out this year. Http://www.lightuplawrence.net

Zachary Stoltenberg 3 years, 4 months ago

grammaddy 3 years, 4 months ago

As soon as I can dig them out of the garage and re-arrange the living room.

Bill Lee 3 years, 4 months ago

I got my exterior lights up Friday evening during the halftime break in the KU basketball games. I was watcching both the men and women play. Interior stuff will be done sometime this weekend.

independant1 3 years, 4 months ago

As soon as I find the burnt bulb on bad string and find replacement bulbs for each bad string.

MidgeFan1 3 years, 4 months ago

Does the front porch light count?

denak 3 years, 4 months ago

We always put the Christmas decorations up the Saturday after Thanksgiving and take them down on the Epiphany. That's on the inside.

The exterior is a different matter altogether. I usually try to get the outside lights up but then something goes wrong and/or it gets too cold and I end up saying "screw it" and going back inside.

My holiday cheer only goes so far. :0)

Dena

Gene Wallace 3 years, 4 months ago

Tomorrow after it warms up. (Sat)