Previous   Next

When will you put up your holiday decorations?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth St. on November 27, 2010

Browse the archives

“My wife does the decorations, so whenever she tells me to.”

“I’ll put up my Christmas holiday decorations up after Thanksgiving.”

“My kids start putting them up after Thanksgiving.”

“The holiday decorations will go up as quickly as I can get them up this weekend.”

Comments

Gene Wallace 4 years, 4 months ago

BTW: We celebrate Yule, the Winter Solstice with white lights, white stars, white, green and red candles, wreaths, bells and Yule songs. ( "Deck the Halls, "Bring Back the Light!" ) Some of our symbols from older times are Yule trees, Yule Logs, Holly, Ivy, Pinecones and Mistletoe. Yule represents birth and rebirth, renewal, fresh starts and new beginnings, the days growing longer and the continuation of the never-ending Cycle of Life and Living. "The Light is Returning"

denak 4 years, 4 months ago

We always put the Christmas decorations up the Saturday after Thanksgiving and take them down on the Epiphany. That's on the inside.

The exterior is a different matter altogether. I usually try to get the outside lights up but then something goes wrong and/or it gets too cold and I end up saying "screw it" and going back inside.

My holiday cheer only goes so far. :0)

Dena

independant1 4 years, 4 months ago

As soon as I find the burnt bulb on bad string and find replacement bulbs for each bad string.

Bill Lee 4 years, 4 months ago

I got my exterior lights up Friday evening during the halftime break in the KU basketball games. I was watcching both the men and women play. Interior stuff will be done sometime this weekend.

grammaddy 4 years, 4 months ago

As soon as I can dig them out of the garage and re-arrange the living room.

Zachary Stoltenberg 4 years, 4 months ago

We started two weeks ago, it takes a while to put up over 10,000 lights! Stop by and check us out this year. Http://www.lightuplawrence.net

Zachary Stoltenberg 4 years, 4 months ago

Flap Doodle 4 years, 4 months ago

Does putting Santy Claus hats on the lemurs count?

staff04 4 years, 4 months ago

I took mine down when the Senate passed the health care reform bill and they won't go back up.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 4 months ago

Put some holly on the Mossberg this afternoon. It looks very festive now.

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 4 months ago

I put some on my mailbox to give the mailman something to look forward to when he comes to my box HA. I respect the poor mailman and all he has to do during the busy holiday season, they are the real santas! AND lawyers are, terrible, horrible scum.