Previous   Next

Will you go shopping on Black Friday?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth St. on November 26, 2010

Browse the archives

“If I get up early enough. The crowds are so big.”

“No, I definitely will not do Black Friday shopping. That will be the the last thing in the world I do.”

“I will not do Black Friday shopping. I hate the crowds.”

“No, I’ve done all my shopping already. I like to go to all the art shows around here … I like to buy things from local artisans.”

Comments

emily_litella 4 years, 5 months ago

Bill Lee 4 years, 5 months ago

It's too easy to shop online now. Even "Black Friday" specials are available on my computer. I'm certainly not going to sit out in the cold waiting for some store to open. Most are smart enough to be open already.

grammaddy 4 years, 5 months ago

And others are smart enough to stay in their warm cozy cars until the doors open.

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

But . . . carrot cake, done right, is just sooooo good!

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

Showed 'em all who is king of the hill again yesterday! The wind and cold froze us out so 2 boxes of blue rock and done.

mr_right_wing 4 years, 5 months ago

Thank you Dejon, Carol, Lisa & Mary!!

You've helped restore a little more of my faith in humanity.

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

Better get one now before the zombie apocalypse! Prices will be through the roof after 12-21-2012

;-)

Richard Payton 4 years, 5 months ago

I saved on a few hours of sleep by not shopping on Black Friday!

looza 4 years, 5 months ago

hey Hollis....stick to your day job. that is, if you have a job. -WEAK!

oldvet 4 years, 5 months ago

Yep, got some good deals on toys for kids... not for my grandsons, though, they have enough "stuff"... some of these will go to the Christmas tree at our church and the rest will go to the Marines in their Toys for Tots collection.

The Marines will be collecting toys for underprivledged kids at Hy-Vee on 6th Street on Saturday, December 4, from 9am until 6pm... please drop something off with them... you'll feel really good helping someone else... and the joy and smile on a kid's face is worth so much more than the few dollars you will spend...

God bless you! Semper Fi...

independant1 4 years, 5 months ago

Fought through the crowd at 7-11 to get some black friday gasoline and a big gulp.