Previous   Next

What are you thankful for?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth St. on November 25, 2010

Browse the archives

“I’m thankful for family and health.”

“I’m thankful for my son, that he chose to serve our country, and I’m thankful I get to see him tomorrow when he comes home.”

“That I live in the United States of America and that we have the freedoms that we have.”

“I’m thankful for my family.”

Comments

labmonkey 4 years, 1 month ago

My wife and our mentally-handicapped dog.

riverdrifter 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm thankful I'm not on the street tonight. It's bitter out there. In a few hours I'll be in the goose blind for a couple hours, then off to a turkey dinner with family. Best to all, River

Bill Lee 4 years, 1 month ago

WOMEN...a mixed blessing to be sure, but everything good in my life has been the result of loving a woman...my children and my grandchildren top that list. Women inspire, confound, frustrate and confuse, but I can't imagine life without them.

oldvet 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm thankful for Sylvia Bones' son... and the thousands of others who serve today and who served over many years gone by to preserve the freedoms we have today in this country... I hope that his trip is safe and his time with his family wonderful. Thank you for your service to all of us. Semper Fi...

ksriver2010 4 years, 1 month ago

In this economy I'm thankful for my job!

Kathy Getto 4 years, 1 month ago

I am thankful for my loving husband, our aging parents and all of our children and grandchildren.

trinity 4 years, 1 month ago

that i caught Arlo singin' on the radio this morning! :)

ms_canada 4 years, 1 month ago

Hi all from sunny but cool San Diego. Visiting my sis. What am I thankful for?? Lots of stuff. Family, friends and especially new friends. Since last I posted we have started a new program in our church. Teaching english as a second language to new comers to Canada. I have joined the teaching team and I must tell you that this is the most rewarding thing that I have done in ages. I absolutely love doing this. I have met so many wonderful people from all over the world. Korea, India, Africa, S. America, Central Amer. Mexico. Haiti, Europe, Iraq. And different religions. Muslim, Baptist, Catholic. I have feasted in the home of the best cook in the world, according to her husband and mine. Iraqi food is totally delicious. Well, enough for now. I truly hope that you all have a great day.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

I am thankful to see ms_canada back from a prolonged absence. Yea!

dajudge 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm thankfull that I don't have tar balls in my yard.

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 1 month ago

my johnson. no, I am thankful for my wonderful family and all the great friends that put up with me. I am thankful for mr. bones' service to our great country and for the great town I live in. I'm so lucky to live in Lawrence, home of the Jayhawks, team of Josh Selby.

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 1 month ago

im also thankful for Michael Jackson. What a guy.

Lulu 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm very thankful in a most joyous of ways for my ex-husband, my boyfriend, my companion Abigail, my two yorkshire terriers, my cat Damian, cleaner air to breathe, water to drink, my earthen berm home, patchouli oils, electricity and my hibachi.

looza 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm thankful Mark Mangino didn't show up for Thanksgiving dinner at my house.

mr_right_wing 4 years, 1 month ago

That Thanksgiving is a Christian holiday recognized by our government.

(Don't think so? Read Abraham Lincoln's proclamation; he even pondered if the Civil War was God's judgement on our country for turning away from Him.)

You demean the whole day by insulting it as "turkey day". (Every day this month I've had to publicly correct someone on that.....)

booyalab 4 years, 1 month ago

Do you publicly correct babies for crying on the sabbath?

mr_right_wing 4 years, 1 month ago

Why would I be concerned about any child crying on any given Saturday??

I guess you have me confused with either a Jewish person, or a Seventh-Day Adventist. (I doubt they'd have any problem with that either...)

booyalab 4 years ago

Do you have people in your life who thank you for being a shining beacon of literalism? Do you consider it a generous service you bestow on others or is it more of a principled campaign?

mr_right_wing 4 years ago

.....yeah....pretty much all of that.

deec 4 years, 1 month ago

Maybe we should change the name to Black Friday Eve. Or Glutton Day.

pace 4 years ago

I am thankful for yogurt and while I like cooking goose, that I don't have to pluck a goose.

beeshlii 4 years ago

Thankful for our Military for defending my freedom. love you guys in the militrary, your putting your life on the line for me, and you don't even know me. you do it because you want to. oorah!