Previous   Next

What’s the best way to get cozy on a cold day?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth St. on November 22, 2010

Browse the archives

“A fire.”

“Make some chili and watch a movie.”

“Cuddle up with my dog.”

Comments

riverdrifter 3 years, 4 months ago

The pit blind was cozy late this afternoon. One hunter got banished for flatulence to a layout blind out in the decoy spread. We got three canadas and a singleton specklebelly that was hanging with the canadas. The four of us knocked out a fifth of Baileys.

edjayhawk 3 years, 4 months ago

Hang out at one of Lawrence's several hundred coffee shops.

mr_right_wing 3 years, 4 months ago

The Ronald Reagan Biography "An American Life" as read by the late William F. Buckley, Jr.

...or...

Watching the impeachment hearings of William Jefferson "Bubba" Clinton.

...or...

Dreaming of Obamas resignation speech in just two years.....

I can't pick just one!!!

(Sorry to disappoint; watching Ann Coulter on Fox didn't make the cut.)

Richard Payton 3 years, 4 months ago

I remember someone dropping a wallet in an outhouse a few years back. Story appeared in the Journal World. Wondering if that qualifies as warming up!

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

Why are lawyers horrible, horrible people?

And I still have not recieved any emails or PM's about winning a turkey. My wife plumb forgot our anniversary....until the guy showed up with her flower arrangement.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 3 years, 4 months ago

I just slip on my zebra skin jacket.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

Hollis, Sometimes, when I am plying the byways and highways in an 80,000lb. truck, I get bored, so I make up anagrams in my head between tweeting and posting here. I don't use a anagram generator, just rearrange the letters on the back of my eyelids. I don't text because it is illegal. These new fangled phones sure beat a QualComm terminal.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

'Now Listens, when I include "the" I got something really dirty. I like it, though.

Bill Lee 3 years, 4 months ago

Cuddling on the couch with someone special. Since I don't have anyone special in my life anymore, I resort to a bowl of hot soup or chili.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Renaldo, I have a genuine affection for the Olsen twins. I often dream of spending an afternoon with them, reading Tolstoy and conversing on the pros and cons of hitchiking. I think they are so wonderful.

prospector 3 years, 4 months ago

I put this on and hang out at Free State..

If you are petite, pick a dress with a shorter hemline, preferably at or above the knee. Also consider a dress with a defined waist or one that can be belted to create a sharp silhouette. If you are plus-size, dresses with flat pleats or empire waists are the best option.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

I like to set my living room on fire while watching "Sarah Palin's Alaska". Oh yes, Ms. Palin. Slap your husband. Crack your whip. Is that guy alive?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

g_rock. One can not expect the powers that be to be aware of every meme out there. Did you know a bacon press can be used to stop bleeding?

g_rock 3 years, 4 months ago

Dear Powers That Be That Removed My Post:

That was so no pull worthy.

1. Pet the Furry Wall

Idiom; (1) A phrase uttered to implore someone who is panicked, or highly anxious to calm and soothe their self. Often a person having a bad trip while on drugs. (2) A phrase used to reassure someone that they are safe and that their current situation is manageable. Source: The 2010 Film, "Get Him to the Greek". Person 1: "Man, I'm freaking out. Everything is turning melty and colorful. Why did you make me smoke that Jeffery!"

Person 2: "Pet the furry wall man; be cool. You'll be fine."

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

The Warren Commission failed the Nation.

Mary Darst 3 years, 4 months ago

I just wish I could winter in Arizona. Not looking forward to the cold. I guess I can cuddle up with a big fuzzy blanket and my dogs sleeping on my lap. Of course some chicken and noodles and a big sweet roll would be nice, too.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

I curl up with Todd Reesing's autobiography and remember better times.

CWGOKU 3 years, 4 months ago

A roaring fire in the fire place and a bottle of Wild Turkey.

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

and nothin warms you innards like a good slug of grey goose on a cold winter night.....

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

looza, Please do not help fuel vertigo's sick twisted blue dot on the map fantasies.

g_rock 3 years, 4 months ago

Tom Shewmon 3 years, 4 months ago

Put on a pair of shorts, t-shirt and boots and go out and run the chainsaw for a couple hours.

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

Happiness is a warm gun....bang, bang, shoot, shoot.

Roland Gunslinger 3 years, 4 months ago

Getting the whole family snuggled up on the couch, under a blanket, watching a movie.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

It seems to me what you really need most here… are more guns.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 4 months ago

A cod-piece lined with lemur fur does the job for me.

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

I propose we place burn barrels in the alley ways downtown. Then when the nice homeless dude (or dudette) asks for a handout, we could give them coupons redeemable for cardboard bundles supplied by the retailers. Burning the bundles would warm the homeless and at the same time give us the "warm fuzzies" for doing our part to make downtown the homeless haven we know and love.

labmonkey 3 years, 4 months ago

I could say...but I imagine it would violate TOS.