Previous   Next

What’s the best way to get cozy on a cold day?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth St. on November 22, 2010

Browse the archives

“A fire.”

“Make some chili and watch a movie.”

“Cuddle up with my dog.”

Comments

labmonkey 4 years, 6 months ago

I could say...but I imagine it would violate TOS.

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

I propose we place burn barrels in the alley ways downtown. Then when the nice homeless dude (or dudette) asks for a handout, we could give them coupons redeemable for cardboard bundles supplied by the retailers. Burning the bundles would warm the homeless and at the same time give us the "warm fuzzies" for doing our part to make downtown the homeless haven we know and love.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 6 months ago

A cod-piece lined with lemur fur does the job for me.

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

With a hundred round drum you can stay warm for 3 days without reloading!

Mary Darst 4 years, 6 months ago

I just wish I could winter in Arizona. Not looking forward to the cold. I guess I can cuddle up with a big fuzzy blanket and my dogs sleeping on my lap. Of course some chicken and noodles and a big sweet roll would be nice, too.

Bill Lee 4 years, 6 months ago

Cuddling on the couch with someone special. Since I don't have anyone special in my life anymore, I resort to a bowl of hot soup or chili.

whats_going_on 4 years, 6 months ago

or fornication while you're wearing snuggies.

Richard Payton 4 years, 6 months ago

I remember someone dropping a wallet in an outhouse a few years back. Story appeared in the Journal World. Wondering if that qualifies as warming up!

mr_right_wing 4 years, 6 months ago

The Ronald Reagan Biography "An American Life" as read by the late William F. Buckley, Jr.

...or...

Watching the impeachment hearings of William Jefferson "Bubba" Clinton.

...or...

Dreaming of Obamas resignation speech in just two years.....

I can't pick just one!!!

(Sorry to disappoint; watching Ann Coulter on Fox didn't make the cut.)

riverdrifter 4 years, 6 months ago

The pit blind was cozy late this afternoon. One hunter got banished for flatulence to a layout blind out in the decoy spread. We got three canadas and a singleton specklebelly that was hanging with the canadas. The four of us knocked out a fifth of Baileys.