Previous   Next

What’s your favorite movies series?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 20, 2010

Browse the archives

“Probably Indiana Jones.”

“I’ll say Wes Anderson’s movies.”

“Harry Potter for sure.”

“Star Wars. It’s a classic.”

Comments

bearded_gnome 4 years, 5 months ago

Dirty Harry.

Does KU-Law have an obsession or something?

LogicMan 4 years, 5 months ago

"or something"

Insomnia and boredom, apparently.

Andrew Reeves 4 years, 5 months ago

Duh. The Lord of the Rings. Blu-Ray. Blows everything else out of the water.

(Runner up. Everything Michael Moore has ever done.)

"Oh, what's that, Marion? Michael Moore is a scam?"

Bill Lee 4 years, 5 months ago

The Thin Man. It's hard to beat William Powell and Myrna Loy. They've inspired countless movies and TV shows. I think they defiined romantic comedy.

cooltrix 4 years, 5 months ago

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is my favorite. The Pirates of the Carribean series is a close second though. If we are talking about TV series, its all Gilmore Girls all the way!

grammaddy 4 years, 5 months ago

Has to be Harry Potter! I'll be sad to see it end.

parrothead8 4 years, 5 months ago

Sergio Leone...yeah, those were really good.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 5 months ago

G-rock, right on,

(Ronaldo Ignacio) says…

It would be a toss-up between the "The Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley" series, and the "Debbie Does Dallas" series.

---RI, I always knew you were the scholarly type.

"Night of the Living Shewmon?"

whats_going_on 4 years, 5 months ago

Harry Potter for sures! Haven't seen the new one yet. Last time I went on the first or second day and people were really annoying during the movie, so I'm going to wait.

Toy Story and LOTR too

labmonkey 4 years, 5 months ago

I am such a dork that I like to talk about the holes created by the time travel plot. For instance:

What happens when George and Loraine's third kid has an uncanny resemblance to Calvin Klein? Does George accuse Loraine of cheating on him with a guy she used to have the hots for?

Doc is such a genius that he can build a time machine from a DeLorean, yet he cannot find a way to refine a gallon of gasoline to travel from 1885 to 1985.

parrothead8 4 years, 5 months ago

For me, it depends on whether I'm feeling old school or want something a little more modern. For those old school days, give me Sergio Leone's Dollars Trilogy. For something a little more modern and fast-paced, I want the Bourne Trilogy.

labmonkey 4 years, 5 months ago

Terminator and Rocky are my favorites.

Terminator 5 and Rocky 7 in the same movie. I haven't figured out the plot yet, but somehow Rocky and Arnold's T-800 box with John Connor's life somehow on the line. The soundtrack would be awesome.... montages with "You Could Be Mine," by GNR in there somewhere.

christie 4 years, 5 months ago

How young and uninformed these youngsters are... it's a shame really, the country is losing the greatest and coolest generation to these nit-wits.

Without a doubt, and hands-down - The Godfather - I, II, III.

How can it be refused?

beatrice 4 years, 5 months ago

What makes a series? Is it the idea that several movies are made with the intention of wrapping up the story at the end, like Lord of the Rings, or is it a successful film that then is followed by several sequels, like Alien? Or is it a concept that a director continues to return to, like Sergio Leone?

Here are some of my faves: James Bond Matrix Lord of the Rings Kill Bill I & II Star Wars (original three only) The Godfather (I and II only) Alien

Christine Anderson 4 years, 5 months ago

Problem Child 1 and II. Gives me a chance to laugh at an out-of-control child who is actually funny!

tomatogrower 4 years, 5 months ago

Except the kids watching this think this is the cute, funny way your suppose to act, so everyone else has to put up with a lot of problem children.

Christine Anderson 4 years, 5 months ago

Tomato, you are correct. What i meant to say is that compared to my very, very difficult to manage autistic fella, the kid in "Problem Child" IS funny. It's just good to laugh once in awhile.

denak 4 years, 5 months ago

Well definitely the Harry Potter series now.

For my son it would be the Back to the Future movies

And when I was a little girl, I use to love the Gidget movies.