Previous   Next

What do you do in observance of Veterans Day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 12, 2010

Browse the archives

““I just fly the flag.””

““I kind of remember them.””

““We would have done something, but we’re from out of town. We did see a parade in Manhattan.””

““I try to go to the parade and I watched the vice president and ceremony on TV. Other than that I just try to say hi and thanks to our servicemen.””

Comments

James Sneegas 4 years, 1 month ago

I went to breakfast at HyVee and dinner at Applebee's. Thanks to all the people who took the time to remember us.....................

grammaddy 4 years, 1 month ago

We have a BIG family dinner to honor all the vets in the family. Afterwards we sit around a listen to their stories.The younger ones always love to hear about how Grandma was almost drafted to go to Viet Nam.

kernal 4 years, 1 month ago

I'll bet that's a good story! I seem to recall a story of a child getting a draft notice long ago.

equalaccessprivacy 4 years, 1 month ago

Talk about being forced to make a deal with the devil--the state itself is an infamous, blackguard liar, especially when we're talking KS and those advanced thinkers up at KU-HR who get away so often in Douglas County with sticking the public with false charges every time they poop their ignorant pants.

kernal 4 years, 1 month ago

Guess being a terrorist is why Begin & Anwar Sadat were awarded the Nobel Peace price in the late '70's or early 80's.

flux 4 years, 1 month ago

Veterens day is the day all the veterens go to work while all state and bank employees have the day off.... makes a lot of sense

oldvet 4 years, 1 month ago

Barack obama got a Nobel Peace Prize???!!! For doing what??? Oh yeah... right...

Never mind...

somedude20 4 years, 1 month ago

““I kind of remember them.”” — Erin Smith, Ph.D. student, Lawrence

Gee thanks.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Ah thpentit fightin' a het cole. Teh cole ith whinnin'. . Thanks again to all Veterans!

Marsha Lee 4 years, 1 month ago

““I kind of remember them.”” — Erin Smith, Ph.D. student, Lawrence

What a brilliant answer, coming from a Ph.D. student!

Kontum1972 4 years, 1 month ago

I RENTED FULL- "METAL JACKET"........then went hand grenade fishing in a pond....killed a bunch of crap then cooked up the heads and had them with rice.....topped it off with a Tiger beer....then i played the star-spangled banner on my Strat....HUWAH!

whats_going_on 4 years, 1 month ago

I went to work, went home, worked out, did homework, and went to bed, as always. I thought of my grandpa, who served, and whom I think about quite a bit anyway.

Bless those that protect us.

H_Lecter 4 years, 1 month ago