Previous   Next

What is your favorite part about fall?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 10, 2010

Browse the archives

“It’s not daylight saving time.”

“Tight sweaters.”

“The wind in the leaves.”

“That weird nostalgic feeling you get in your stomach.”

Comments

kernal 3 years, 5 months ago

apple cider, longer shadows, blankets, bright yellow shimmering leaves and deep red maples, mums, chili ....

thuja 3 years, 5 months ago

The Harvest of Nature's Kindest

booyalab 3 years, 5 months ago

Girls dress so conservatively in the summer. I bet every fellow looks forward to the season of comely sweaters and knee-length skirts showing off well-turned ankles.

Outsidelookingin 3 years, 5 months ago

G are you still bitter about the breakup?

g_rock 3 years, 5 months ago

I enjoy watching folks in the neighborhood attempt the Sisyphean task of leaf raking.

Anyone up for a hay rack ride and a bonfire? It has been ages since I've burned a weenie on an open fire.

Aaron Carpenter 3 years, 5 months ago

wow a sweater puppies reference……didn't see that one coming.

somedude20 3 years, 5 months ago

"It’s not daylight saving time.” — Jake Vail, librarian, rural Lawrence

Answered like a true politician. Asked a question but give an answer that does not answer the question. How can I sleep tonight without knowing your answer Jake?

coolmarv 3 years, 5 months ago

"Tight Sweaters". Too funny. Ah to be young again and notice things like that.

Pywacket 3 years, 5 months ago

My weird nostalgic feelings seem to manifest themselves in my thoughts. Am I doing something wrong? Must consult a chemical dependency techie... maybe I need to try some new chemicals.

Best thing about fall? The leaves--how they look, how they smell, how they feel when you jump into a huge pile of them. Close second: no more 90°+ days.

spiff 3 years, 5 months ago

“That weird nostalgic feeling you get in your stomach.”

Last years stuffing is this years weird nostalgia in your stomach.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 5 months ago

"I hate going off day light savings time"

Agreed. I had to read the paper on the porch prior to dinner with the outside lights on.

CWGOKU 3 years, 5 months ago

So Jake likes to dwell in the dark. Odd... must be a librarian thing. I hate going off day light savings time. Actually, I just hate the change, pick one or the other and stick with it.
Favorite part of Fall would be watching my neighbor pick up my leaves after they have blown in his yard.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 5 months ago

Liberty275 3 years, 5 months ago

Seeing another hurricane season go by with no major hurricanes hitting our coasts - like the armageddon the climate change liars promised would come to pass unless we started riding bikes and using fluorescent lamps.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 5 months ago

blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah......autie is a pinko commie. OK...now get on with your day.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 5 months ago

"Falling sucks. I have a busted up knee because of falling."- T_O_B

In some circles that is called failed flying.

fleeba 3 years, 5 months ago

Definitely not the smell of the furnace the first time it kicks on! For me, it's the beautiful colors of the trees.

autie 3 years, 5 months ago

“That weird nostalgic feeling you get in your stomach.”

I'm not sure what Gretchen is going for here. I wonder if she is looking forward to pheasant season.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 5 months ago

"Gretchen Auten, chemical dependency technician, Lawrence"

I thought that was Hollis Brown's job.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 5 months ago

Lawyers are horrible, horrible people.

Falling sucks. I have a busted up knee because of falling.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 5 months ago

Popsicles don't melt so quickly.

JJE007 3 years, 5 months ago

The rise... of sun into the blushing skin of day of birds to the gun of blue pushing back the night of crisp stars of warmed air plunging upward into the cool, lifting skeins and kettles and the snowy tree cricket's so sweetly plaintive song in the dark stillness of frost's coming

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 5 months ago

The naked dancing and or frolicking.

Bill Lee 3 years, 5 months ago

The Kansas Music Hall of Fame voting to select new inductees and putting together the show. March 5 the following will be inducted: Count Basie, Central Standard Time, James Gadson, Rudy Love, Pat McJimsey, Charlie Parker, The Rainmakers, Riverrock, Bobby Watson, Jimmy Wilson and Chely Wright.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Getting back up?

Uh, and when the air gets a little nippy. Nick knows what I'm talkin' bout.