Previous   Next

What kind of natural remedies do you use to stay healthy in the winter?

Asked at Community Mercantile, 901 Iowa on November 8, 2010

Browse the archives

“A Japanese friend just told me about slicing an onion in half and placing it around, and I guess it absorbs a lot of germs.”

“One of the things I really like is Airborne. It’s got vitamin C, it’s got echinacea, it’s got all these different things, and I swear it has actually kept me healthy numerous times.”

“If exercise counts as natural, then yes.”

Related story

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

dubble shot of Wild Turkey ever morning. cuzin lucille did an lived to 103. didnt even need to pickle her. ciggeretts finaly got cuzin imelda at 94 though. yep she was hitchin down to the 7-11 to git a pak of lucky strikes an a truk runned her over. stil cant talk boutit

davidsmom 4 years, 1 month ago

Frequent hand-washing, healthful diet and vigorous exercise 5-6 days per week.

equalaccessprivacy 4 years, 1 month ago

Great question! I keep a supply of echinancea and generic Airborne or Emergen -C handy. Zinc can help.

whats_going_on 4 years, 1 month ago

also, if you go to a gym (well, anywhere really) use those handy clorox wipes or cleaner before and after each machine you use, including weights, dumbbells, and mats.

kernal 4 years, 1 month ago

Lots of water, good veggies and fruit, adequate sleep and wash my hands when I get home from the grocery store or any where else where goof balls wipe their noses with their hands then push their carts, doors, etc. Get some couth, fools, you're not three years old anymore.

somedude20 4 years, 1 month ago

I have been drinking tea from the House of Cha for the last few winters and it seems like I have been sick less than when not drinking their tea. Since I work in the medical field, I am exposed more than a few gems and viruses and the tea seems to keep me from being sick more often (or it could be the gallon of vodka that I drink every night too)

MarshmallowsFTW 4 years, 1 month ago

I just wash my hands quite a bit (i'm in food service, so lots and lots of times a day) and I don't seem to get sick. I also eat lots of fruits, veggies, and meat.

geekyhost 4 years, 1 month ago

I save my money by not spending it on quack cures, and then I can afford the copay if I actually do get sick.

Julie Craig 4 years, 1 month ago

Get enough sleep, eat vegetable and fruit, and drink lots of water.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

Stick to pure grain alcohol and rain water for all your beverage needs.

Stuart Evans 4 years, 1 month ago

I've got an old herbal remedy that my pappy brought back from Vietnam. applied liberally throughout the evening and all is well with the world.