Previous   Next

Are you looking forward to winter weather?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 5, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, I like fall weather.”

“I like winter weather. You get to wear cooler stuff.”

“No. It’s too cold, and there’s not enough snow to get out of school. ”

“Yes! I’ve been preparing myself for it.”

Comments

Bill Lee 4 years, 1 month ago

Like Caroline, I prefer fall weather, but I've learned that winter comes every year. I expect it will this year as well. I'm amazed how many people are surprised by it. Where were they last year about this time?

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Yep. I like root canals too. Kinda like camping alone and feeling movement in your sleeping bag. Riding a motorcycle in a hail storm is a kick. Anybody else like juggling machetes . . Blindfolded?

Chris Ogle 4 years, 1 month ago

Are you looking forward to winter weather?

Nope, I prefer to look back on it

grammaddy 4 years, 1 month ago

Not really. Extreme cold makes this body ache.And the bright white snow hurts the eyes. I would prefer it to be April or October all year around. I love sleeves, just not in multi-layers.

Practicality 4 years, 1 month ago

Autie is a pinko commie . . . . . . . . from Topeka.

520dude 4 years, 1 month ago

Cold and snowy beats hot and buggy anytime. I am one of those that runs a little hot and enjoy winter. It can drag on a bit though.

Chrissy Neibarger 4 years, 1 month ago

I am so much more a hot weather person than a cold weather person. Once I get cold it takes forever to warm back up! My body gets stiff and it just hurts being cold.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Me thinks BABBOY has been constipated too long . . .

~~Hey mom! See if my unemployment check has come yet! And bring me a sandwich!~~

(Damn, this basement floor gets cold in the winter . . .)

Fixed_Asset 4 years, 1 month ago

What? No bunnies? Nobody ever shoots me a bunny anymore.

riverdrifter 4 years, 1 month ago

A friend and I throw his beagles in the briar patch quite a bit. We shoots bunnies.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

Welcome back from the land of the disappeareded, comrade.

notajayhawk 4 years, 1 month ago

"With the world on the verge of a currency war..."

So, what are you saying - we should burn money to keep warm?

notajayhawk 4 years, 1 month ago

"With the world on the verge of a currency war..."

So, what are you saying - we should burn money to keep warm?

Mike Hoffmann 4 years, 1 month ago

Winter is nice until Jan 1, then it no longer serves a purpose.

notajayhawk 4 years, 1 month ago

For those of you who have no reason to step outside late in the evenings, here's a flash: It's here.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm not a fan of the winter weather at all but I enjoy the things that come with winter weather. Crock pot meals, holidays, a ton of baking, snuggling in blankets and reading a good book, indoor crafts with the kiddos, KU basketball, and of course taking my freezing cold toes placing them lightly under the warm blankets of the bed and jabbing my husband with them. :-)

Deja Coffin 4 years, 1 month ago

By the way, anyone with a scanner hear of any accident that would involve life flight helicopters in the last 30 minutes? We saw a helicopter (not sure what kind) flying very low in Jefferson county near Lawrence. We don't get a lot of helicopter traffic over our house so I'm just being curious.

mr_right_wing 4 years, 1 month ago

Have that shovel or snow-blower ready!!

There are those of us who insist on sidewalks cleared of ice and snow in a timely manner.

So there's an initial warning; the next one comes from the city.

Have a wonderful winter!!

K_Verses_The_World 4 years, 1 month ago

Now the wintertime is coming The windows are filled with frost I went to tell everybody But I could not get across

George_Braziller 4 years, 1 month ago

I hate winter. Dante made the ninth circle of Hell a horrible cold and inhospitable place. He must have hated winter too.