Advertisement

Previous   Next

Do you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home?

Asked at Community Mercantile, 901 Iowa on November 2, 2010

Browse the archives

Photo of Kim Jaymes

“No I don’t, but I probably should.”

Photo of John Colombo

“I do, because it’s a common problem in most homes and it’s a good thing to have. It’s protective.”

Photo of Dan Welch

“I have no carbon monoxide detector because I have all electric heat.”

Photo of Ann Root

“I don’t any longer. I used to. It’s on my list to go buy.”

Related story

Comments

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

My wattle and daub walls allow enough air exchange that I'm safe from carbon monoxide.

flux 4 years, 1 month ago

If you have no idea then chances are you dont have one...get one!!

fan4kufootball 4 years, 1 month ago

My experience with carbon monoxide detectors have been that the go off without a reason. I have had two go off in the middle of the night - called the gas company both times. The result being nothing wrong... That was several years ago. Have they improved them since?

Oh - and the noise they make waking you up almost gives you a heart attack!

M. Lindeman 4 years, 1 month ago

if you have them mounted to close to the celling you will have those issues.

beatrice 4 years, 1 month ago

We have a B.S. detector when watching television. It is called "The Remote."

Mary Darst 4 years, 1 month ago

Total electric. One less thing to have to buy.

SeaFox 4 years, 1 month ago

Wow, very unflattering photos there J-W. Looks like the photographer had his flash attached to the bottom of the camera. Natural lighting FTW.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.