Previous   Next

What are your Memorial Day holiday weekend plans?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on May 29, 2010

Browse the archives

“As long as the weather holds up, I plan on barbecuing Sunday with friends and Monday hit the lake.”

“I’m going to my son’s for a barbecue tonight and then I plan to go to Cassoday to decorate graves.”

“Cleaning up my house and waiting for my wife to come here … from Taiwan.”

“Just to be with family and friends and count our blessings … and getting wet in the kiddie pool.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

First I will try a cocktail of battery acid and pond mud. That should be sufficient to burn the memory of trying to follow Donnuts latest blog from my mind. Jeez, it's like reading one of merrill's cut and pastes. . . backwards. And it must be a sequel or a prequel. I never did see the part about the lady and the pooch. Is that even legal? Maybe I'm still asleep, and soon I will wake up to realize it was just one of those strange dreams that seem so real until you are out of your sleep trance. I did have a 32 oz. Coors draft before retiring for the night. Been a long time since I shared one with Mr Coors.

Yeah, think I'll just go with that for now . . .

I'll be back later . . . when I wake up . . .

Bill Lee 4 years, 6 months ago

Staying off the highways. Too many idiots on them this weekend. We're seeing accident reports already.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 6 months ago

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

nobody1793 4 years, 6 months ago

The lady driving in front of me at 8:30 this morning...95% sure she was still drunk from last night.

Kathy Getto 4 years, 6 months ago

Rest a bit, garden, BBQ perhaps, trip to the cemetaries with Mom, and swim.

dajudge 4 years, 6 months ago

I'll probably clean the maple trees growing in my rain gutters out. And, go to a wedding reception party. And stay away from the lakes and water parks. And walk my dogs in the unbearable heat.

Jaylee 4 years, 6 months ago

Dang Gretchen, I didn't know you got wet!

Seriously though, my 2yo daughter and I are gonna get piss drunk and light all the leftover fireworks from last 4th!

Bill Lee 4 years, 6 months ago

I'm going to watch all of the "Thin Man" movies. They'll make me laugh, and will help me forget that we've lost Dennis Hopper, a wonderful actor who was always proud of being a Kansan.

Jaylee 4 years, 6 months ago

Hopper's gone?! when? sad sad!

easy rider mario bros. waterworld flashback speed

all cool with me!

Yawnmower 4 years, 6 months ago

Iamatworknow thenIwillleaveandeatburger runonsentenceforthewin

Deja Coffin 4 years, 6 months ago

I was hoping it was to go into labor early but someone else is the one that makes that decision and apparently they're pretty comfortable where they're at. Thank you to all the veterans and current soldiers for your service and dedication to this country. I appreciate you all.