Previous   Next

Would you like to see Kansas City host a Super Bowl?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on May 28, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes I would. I think it would be great for Kansas City with the publicity and money it would bring in.”

“It depends on who’s playing.”

“I think it would be great. I love football.”

“Absolutely, I think that Kansas City could definitely use the revenue and we’ve got a new stadium.”

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years, 3 months ago

Only if I can get a few thousand ticket bundles to . . uh . .distribute. and immunity from prosecution. just sayin' . .

Stuart Evans 5 years, 3 months ago

Because he Meadowlands in NJ just got the deal for 2014. Since the NFL broke their own 50 degree rule, everything's an option.

LogicMan 5 years, 3 months ago

Yes, but there's probably not enough highend hotel space to make a successful bid.

M. Lindeman 5 years, 3 months ago

kansas city has a pro football team?!?!

nobody1793 5 years, 3 months ago

You don't need a pro football team to host a super bowl. Just a big stadium and crooked politicians.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 3 months ago

They could host the Super Bowl .... in my trousers.

Stuart Evans 5 years, 3 months ago

how so? you underestimate the will of football fans. They will be booking hotel rooms as far away as Topeka.

oldvet 5 years, 3 months ago

I'd rather see Kansas City play IN the super bowl than host the super bowl...

Flap Doodle 5 years, 3 months ago

If we borrow the Way-Back machine and return to 1970, we can see that.

somedude20 5 years, 3 months ago

If they did have the super bowl in KC that would be the closest that the Chiefs would come to being in one (you can not live off of the 1970 s-bowl forever).

I can't believe people pay all that money to see such a rancid team. I look at a dollar and know that at least it is good for four quarters unlike the Chiefs

Deja Coffin 5 years, 3 months ago

7 days!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!! Hope everyone has a great Memorial Weekend.

Danimal 5 years, 3 months ago

If Kansas City would build the rolling roof that Arrowhead and the K were designed to have they've been guaranteed a Super Bowl, an MLB All Star Game, and a NCAA Final Four. Unfortunately, the voters and leadership of KC are too short sighted to see that building the 200 million dollar roof has been guaranteed to bring these events to town, each of which would bring more than a billion dollars into the local economy. They're going to spend at least half a billion trying to fix I-70 through downtown (which is impossible) though.

whats_going_on 5 years, 3 months ago

we salute YOU, mr. bug-zapper inventor...

haha, love that ad.