Previous   Next

Would you like to see Kansas City host a Super Bowl?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on May 28, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes I would. I think it would be great for Kansas City with the publicity and money it would bring in.”

“It depends on who’s playing.”

“I think it would be great. I love football.”

“Absolutely, I think that Kansas City could definitely use the revenue and we’ve got a new stadium.”

Comments

thebcman 3 years, 10 months ago

Sure. Why Not? If Jacksonville can pull it off, so can KC. We are still getting the 2012 All Star Game at the "K" aren't we?

Chris Ogle 3 years, 10 months ago

Of course..... I just love bowling.

jstthefacts 3 years, 10 months ago

no ,but I would like to see KC have football team

Andini 3 years, 10 months ago

I heard that peeing in one is a lot of fun.

CWGOKU 3 years, 10 months ago

The wife's birthday is coming up in a few days. What do you think about me getting her a bug zapper as a gift? Could be hours of endless fun. We could sit around and get drunk and watch the bugs get lit too.

Danimal 3 years, 10 months ago

If Kansas City would build the rolling roof that Arrowhead and the K were designed to have they've been guaranteed a Super Bowl, an MLB All Star Game, and a NCAA Final Four. Unfortunately, the voters and leadership of KC are too short sighted to see that building the 200 million dollar roof has been guaranteed to bring these events to town, each of which would bring more than a billion dollars into the local economy. They're going to spend at least half a billion trying to fix I-70 through downtown (which is impossible) though.

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

I think Arrowhead could handle the crowd. Just add festival seating on the field. It worked at Super Jam 1981, headlined by Foreigner, and 1982, headlined by REO Speedwagon. I was at both of them. Nobody really wants to see the game anyway. Just make it Super Bowl: Justine Bieber vs. The Jonas Brothers. "Folks, it's 4th an long, Nick Jonas is gonna punt. Wait minute! Some crazed freak in a Bob Dylan t-shirt is rushing the field with a machete in his hand. Oh, the humanity!!!"

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

I do think the NFL should go back to open stadiums even for the Super Bowl. 35 degrees, blizzard conditions. Now that was football. Those guys were real men, like me.

consumer1 3 years, 10 months ago

Babboy, How many of the people who sold out arrowhead stadium live close by ?? Duhhhhhhhh???? How many would be looking for hotel rooms to stay for the game, who don't live here??? Duhhhhhh?????? plus local fans going to the game. Not got your thinking hat on today babboy?

Deja Coffin 3 years, 10 months ago

7 days!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!! Hope everyone has a great Memorial Weekend.

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

Nobody likes football. Nobody.

CWGOKU 3 years, 10 months ago

Hey Andini, sorry you have to work today. Sure to the Super Bowl thing, but it woud be too cold. They should have covered it when they had the chance.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 10 months ago

I guess they got to the station too early for anyone to have shaved yet?

Speaking of that, put you guys together, and you look pretty... XD http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2010/05/17/mustache-club/

somedude20 3 years, 10 months ago

If they did have the super bowl in KC that would be the closest that the Chiefs would come to being in one (you can not live off of the 1970 s-bowl forever).

I can't believe people pay all that money to see such a rancid team. I look at a dollar and know that at least it is good for four quarters unlike the Chiefs

oldvet 3 years, 10 months ago

I'd rather see Kansas City play IN the super bowl than host the super bowl...

consumer1 3 years, 10 months ago

This is funny!! KC isn't big enough to handle the crowd.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 10 months ago

On today's date in 1923, Attorney General Harry M. Daugherty says it is legal for women to wear trousers anywhere.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

They could host the Super Bowl .... in my trousers.

cheeseburger 3 years, 10 months ago

I would prefer that the Chiefs be IN the Super Bowl, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon!

M. Lindeman 3 years, 10 months ago

kansas city has a pro football team?!?!

LogicMan 3 years, 10 months ago

Yes, but there's probably not enough highend hotel space to make a successful bid.

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

“It depends on who’s playing.”

See, actor Ben Kingsley was the only one who thought about this question. He really is as wise as Ghandi.

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

Exactly, Jim. I won't even answer.

jimjones 3 years, 10 months ago

An uncovered stadium, in Missouri, in January. Why even ask this?

RoeDapple 3 years, 10 months ago

Only if I can get a few thousand ticket bundles to . . uh . .distribute. and immunity from prosecution. just sayin' . .