Previous   Next

Which do you prefer: Coke or Pepsi?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 7, 2010

Browse the archives

“Pepsi, it’s got a fruity undertone.”

“Pepsi, it’s not as sweet.”

“Coke, because Pepsi tastes like an ashtray.”

“Neither, I don’t drink pop. I drink tea, Lipton.”

Comments

captaing33k 4 years, 7 months ago

Married actually, but that is pretty funny. And Diet Coke or Coke Zero beats Pepsi any day.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

I've never used marijuana much less coke. Well I did try weed once a long time ago, but I didn't inhale. ;-) This OTS is like asking a woman if she would rather have a baby or a pony. Or a man for that matter. 'cept she wouldn't need a man to get a pony. I defer to spacehog on this one.

I do drink enough diet Dr Pepper to float an aircraft carrier though. What was the question?

Ceallach 4 years, 7 months ago

I thought Catholic Lite was Episcopalian.

jonas_opines 4 years, 7 months ago

Coke over pepsi. A little spice over just sweet.

Like Py above, I used to drink Rum and Coke, but I've graduated to more sophisticated drinks, like Whiskey and Coke.

Bill Lee 4 years, 7 months ago

Pepsi One over Coke Zero. I find that calorie add a little body. Iced sun tea is my #1 choice.

somedude20 4 years, 7 months ago

tap water for all of the free drugs that are in it! don't be knockin the rum and coke it will put hair on your chest (and other places)

Truthspeaker 4 years, 7 months ago

I'd drink my own urine before I'd drink a Pepsi

Ceallach 4 years, 7 months ago

TS, sorry you are feeling that way, perhaps this will help your condition http://biomedx.com/urine/

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 7 months ago

Neither. It rots your teeth and rots your stomach. And the sugar free stuff has Nutrasweet in it, a chemical sweetener proven to cause nerve excitability and nerve damage. I drink coffee, tea and juice.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 7 months ago

Well, you're just better than everyone else. Thanks for answering the question?

Kyle Neuer 4 years, 7 months ago

Mexican Coke, made with honest to god SUGAR.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 7 months ago

Every time I try Pepsi, it feels like my teeth are dissolving! Coke all the way. If I ask for a Coke at a restaurant and they only have Pepsi products, I'd rather get Dr. Pepper over Pepsi.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 7 months ago

I do like Wild Cherry Pepsi though...better than Cherry Coke, IMO.

whats_going_on 4 years, 7 months ago

I don't drink regular soda, but I did when I was younger. I always thought that regular Coke made my mouth SO dry. But I liked Diet Coke better than Diet Pepsi. Weird.

Randall Barnes 4 years, 7 months ago

milk

milk also makes a great chaser with whiskey

mom_of_three 4 years, 7 months ago

I prefer Coke over Pepsi, but will have dr. pepper on occassion. I try to drink more tea these days, but sometimes, just gotta have that sweet tasting caffeine. (and sometimes I put a little bourbon in it....aahh)

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 7 months ago

Drink coffee instead with Bailey's and whipped cream. Yummy!

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 7 months ago

Yeah, if you drink Crown XR with anything but ice or water, you've ruined it!

mom_of_three 4 years, 7 months ago

I don't have the iron stomache to drink whiskey straight - yet. My grandma used to drink it with coke or with water, and so far, I like it best with coke.

riverdrifter 4 years, 7 months ago

The greatest debacle ever: Crown & Coke. If you want to waste Crown, just dump it on the ground.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 7 months ago

Cherry Pepsi.... or even better Cherry Dr. Pepper from Sonic with extra ice....... or even better then that a cup of Sonic ice and a spoon! Yes, I'm in the 'ice-crunching' stage of pregnancy. Thank goodness Sonic sells their ice by the bag!

Deja Coffin 4 years, 7 months ago

Yeah but there's just something about Sonic's ice..... the compacted crushed thing.... brilliant! That's the only reason I ever go by there..... it sure isn't for an onion burger. BTW, I'm running low on my Sonic Ice so if someone could pick me up a bag or tell my husband to pick up a bag that would be great!!

nobody1793 4 years, 7 months ago

I mostly drink other people's milkshakes.

Newell_Post 4 years, 7 months ago

I prefer pre-1960 Coca Cola. It tasted much different when it was sweetened with cane sugar. It burned going down. That's why they sold it in 6 oz. bottles. You couldn't drink much more of it than that. Pepsi was sold in 12 oz. bottles because it was sweetened with corn syrup, making it much smoother so you could drink more of it than that.

Some time after 1960 they changed the Coke formula to 50% cane sugar and 50% corn syrup. That made it smoother, so you could actually drink a 12 oz, bottle. To make "New Coke" they took out all of the cane sugar, making it very smooth and sweet, like Pepsi. When they went back to "Coke Classic" they should have gone back to the 1950s formula, not the 1970s formula.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 7 months ago

Supposedly, 7-Up had lithium in it at one time too...

SLOPOKE 4 years, 7 months ago

I'd prefer "COKE" over pepsi any day !

Jay Keffer 4 years, 7 months ago

Definitely Diet Pepsi.

Diet Coke has sort of an oaky afterbirth.

scopi_guy 4 years, 7 months ago

Tab, please. Or a Fresca. In the new King Size bottles.

I do like the Coke in a glass bottle from Mexico that you can get at Hy Vee, though. It's kind of pricey, though.

Pepsi, even Diet Pepsi tastes way too sweet and flat for me.

9070811 4 years, 7 months ago

Les didn't answer the question! If they're going to ask a ?of the day, why don't they ask the population that it applies to. Aka the pepsi or coke drinkers.

bruno2 4 years, 7 months ago

Neither, or any other soda pop. Either loaded with sugar or chemicals (diet), they're all bad for you. Mas cerveza, por favor.

gccs14r 4 years, 7 months ago

Pepsi Throwback reminded me of how I got started drinking pop in the first place. One perk of overseas travel is getting beverages with actual sugar instead of nasty HFCS. Coke is actually tolerable in Europe, whereas it's undrinkable swill here.

I never was much good at drinking uncut booze. I can do it if it's of exceptional quality and I"m really in the mood for it, but otherwise I have to add something to it.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 7 months ago

There are a handful of US bottlers still making Dr Pepper with cane sugar.

ferrislives 4 years, 7 months ago

I always thought that Pepsi was too sweet, which is why I love COKE! I'm not a druggie, but it would be interesting to try the true original Coke...made with Coke.

LadyJ 4 years, 7 months ago

I cannot believe not one person has said it, 'whichever one is on sale'. That said, what I would really like is Fresca in 20oz six pack bottles. Why do they not do that?

Tony Kisner 4 years, 7 months ago

If I am in management Cherri would not be the cook but out in front where the paying customers can see her. Basic sales tatic.

oh yeah coke.

tubs_of_love 4 years, 7 months ago

The only big difference between the two is Pepsi has more sugar and Coke more salt, just read the nutrition facts.

independant1 4 years, 7 months ago

Kayro syrup, kinda hard to suck through straw don't have all those artificial flavors and colours