Previous   Next

Which do you prefer: Coke or Pepsi?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 7, 2010

Browse the archives

“Pepsi, it’s got a fruity undertone.”

“Pepsi, it’s not as sweet.”

“Coke, because Pepsi tastes like an ashtray.”

“Neither, I don’t drink pop. I drink tea, Lipton.”

Comments

captaing33k 5 years, 1 month ago

Married actually, but that is pretty funny. And Diet Coke or Coke Zero beats Pepsi any day.

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

I've never used marijuana much less coke. Well I did try weed once a long time ago, but I didn't inhale. ;-) This OTS is like asking a woman if she would rather have a baby or a pony. Or a man for that matter. 'cept she wouldn't need a man to get a pony. I defer to spacehog on this one.

I do drink enough diet Dr Pepper to float an aircraft carrier though. What was the question?

Ceallach 5 years, 1 month ago

I thought Catholic Lite was Episcopalian.

jonas_opines 5 years, 1 month ago

Coke over pepsi. A little spice over just sweet.

Like Py above, I used to drink Rum and Coke, but I've graduated to more sophisticated drinks, like Whiskey and Coke.

Bill Lee 5 years, 1 month ago

Pepsi One over Coke Zero. I find that calorie add a little body. Iced sun tea is my #1 choice.

somedude20 5 years, 1 month ago

tap water for all of the free drugs that are in it! don't be knockin the rum and coke it will put hair on your chest (and other places)

Truthspeaker 5 years, 1 month ago

I'd drink my own urine before I'd drink a Pepsi

Ceallach 5 years, 1 month ago

TS, sorry you are feeling that way, perhaps this will help your condition http://biomedx.com/urine/

Cait McKnelly 5 years, 1 month ago

Neither. It rots your teeth and rots your stomach. And the sugar free stuff has Nutrasweet in it, a chemical sweetener proven to cause nerve excitability and nerve damage. I drink coffee, tea and juice.

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years, 1 month ago

Well, you're just better than everyone else. Thanks for answering the question?

Kyle Neuer 5 years, 1 month ago

Mexican Coke, made with honest to god SUGAR.

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years, 1 month ago

Every time I try Pepsi, it feels like my teeth are dissolving! Coke all the way. If I ask for a Coke at a restaurant and they only have Pepsi products, I'd rather get Dr. Pepper over Pepsi.

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years, 1 month ago

I do like Wild Cherry Pepsi though...better than Cherry Coke, IMO.

whats_going_on 5 years, 1 month ago

I don't drink regular soda, but I did when I was younger. I always thought that regular Coke made my mouth SO dry. But I liked Diet Coke better than Diet Pepsi. Weird.

Randall Barnes 5 years, 1 month ago

milk

milk also makes a great chaser with whiskey

mom_of_three 5 years, 1 month ago

I prefer Coke over Pepsi, but will have dr. pepper on occassion. I try to drink more tea these days, but sometimes, just gotta have that sweet tasting caffeine. (and sometimes I put a little bourbon in it....aahh)

Cait McKnelly 5 years, 1 month ago

Drink coffee instead with Bailey's and whipped cream. Yummy!

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years, 1 month ago

Yeah, if you drink Crown XR with anything but ice or water, you've ruined it!

mom_of_three 5 years, 1 month ago

I don't have the iron stomache to drink whiskey straight - yet. My grandma used to drink it with coke or with water, and so far, I like it best with coke.

riverdrifter 5 years, 1 month ago

The greatest debacle ever: Crown & Coke. If you want to waste Crown, just dump it on the ground.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 1 month ago

Cherry Pepsi.... or even better Cherry Dr. Pepper from Sonic with extra ice....... or even better then that a cup of Sonic ice and a spoon! Yes, I'm in the 'ice-crunching' stage of pregnancy. Thank goodness Sonic sells their ice by the bag!

Deja Coffin 5 years, 1 month ago

Yeah but there's just something about Sonic's ice..... the compacted crushed thing.... brilliant! That's the only reason I ever go by there..... it sure isn't for an onion burger. BTW, I'm running low on my Sonic Ice so if someone could pick me up a bag or tell my husband to pick up a bag that would be great!!

nobody1793 5 years, 1 month ago

I mostly drink other people's milkshakes.

Tom McCune 5 years, 1 month ago

I prefer pre-1960 Coca Cola. It tasted much different when it was sweetened with cane sugar. It burned going down. That's why they sold it in 6 oz. bottles. You couldn't drink much more of it than that. Pepsi was sold in 12 oz. bottles because it was sweetened with corn syrup, making it much smoother so you could drink more of it than that.

Some time after 1960 they changed the Coke formula to 50% cane sugar and 50% corn syrup. That made it smoother, so you could actually drink a 12 oz, bottle. To make "New Coke" they took out all of the cane sugar, making it very smooth and sweet, like Pepsi. When they went back to "Coke Classic" they should have gone back to the 1950s formula, not the 1970s formula.

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years, 1 month ago

Supposedly, 7-Up had lithium in it at one time too...

SLOPOKE 5 years, 1 month ago

I'd prefer "COKE" over pepsi any day !

Jay Keffer 5 years, 1 month ago

Definitely Diet Pepsi.

Diet Coke has sort of an oaky afterbirth.

Mike Hatch 5 years, 1 month ago

Tab, please. Or a Fresca. In the new King Size bottles.

I do like the Coke in a glass bottle from Mexico that you can get at Hy Vee, though. It's kind of pricey, though.

Pepsi, even Diet Pepsi tastes way too sweet and flat for me.

9070811 5 years, 1 month ago

Les didn't answer the question! If they're going to ask a ?of the day, why don't they ask the population that it applies to. Aka the pepsi or coke drinkers.

bruno2 5 years, 1 month ago

Neither, or any other soda pop. Either loaded with sugar or chemicals (diet), they're all bad for you. Mas cerveza, por favor.

gccs14r 5 years, 1 month ago

Pepsi Throwback reminded me of how I got started drinking pop in the first place. One perk of overseas travel is getting beverages with actual sugar instead of nasty HFCS. Coke is actually tolerable in Europe, whereas it's undrinkable swill here.

I never was much good at drinking uncut booze. I can do it if it's of exceptional quality and I"m really in the mood for it, but otherwise I have to add something to it.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 1 month ago

There are a handful of US bottlers still making Dr Pepper with cane sugar.

ferrislives 5 years, 1 month ago

I always thought that Pepsi was too sweet, which is why I love COKE! I'm not a druggie, but it would be interesting to try the true original Coke...made with Coke.

LadyJ 5 years, 1 month ago

I cannot believe not one person has said it, 'whichever one is on sale'. That said, what I would really like is Fresca in 20oz six pack bottles. Why do they not do that?

Tony Kisner 5 years, 1 month ago

If I am in management Cherri would not be the cook but out in front where the paying customers can see her. Basic sales tatic.

oh yeah coke.

tubs_of_love 5 years, 1 month ago

The only big difference between the two is Pepsi has more sugar and Coke more salt, just read the nutrition facts.

independant1 5 years, 1 month ago

Kayro syrup, kinda hard to suck through straw don't have all those artificial flavors and colours