Previous   Next

Do you like Easter Peeps?

Asked at The Merc, 901 Iowa St. on March 31, 2010

Browse the archives

“Can’t stand them; they’re just a gross lump of sugar.”

“I think they’re cute, but not very tasty.”

“Sweets are not good for you.”

“I love those things, but I have to watch myself.”

Comments

independant1 4 years ago

Another myth exposed - Easter JellyBeans do not come from Peeps.

Multidisciplinary 4 years ago

R_I..are you catching whats going on?

as for peeps, skip the peeps, just take the marshmallow creme right out of the jar, apply to the tail of long hair creatures dancing on your lawn, then send them home.Apply Easter grass or let nature takes it's course. Listen for the screeches throughout the day. Easter fun for the whole family.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years ago

I like that South Park episode about Easter and the Hare Club for Men...classic!

beatrice 4 years ago

That is one long line of nasty you got going there wgo.

Peeps -- yuck.

And to the dude who answered "Sweets are not good for you," I say, answer the question! It is a yes or no question, not looking for your opinion on sweets in general. geez

whats_going_on 4 years ago

nastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynastynasty

motomom 4 years ago

they make my teeth tingle

prolix12 4 years ago

Steve Ortiz is the Chairman of the Tribal Council of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation. He has a job and is good at it. He is very well respected.

g_rock 4 years ago

I don't like them...it is a texture thing for me. But my sister adored them. And I had great fun poking thru the plastic to smoosh her peeps before she got a chance to enjoy that sugary hot mess.

spacehog 4 years ago

Anyway, Steve just made that up. Oh, he's a chairman alright. He straightens out the chairs down at City Hall after the Commision meetings.

spacehog 4 years ago

I'm applying for a job as Chairman Doula of the Easter Peep Committee. Because I need a job. That's need, not want.

scopi_guy 4 years ago

I always buy a box but never even open them. They're up there with Circus Peanuts in my book (not a valid candy).

A friend of mine used to 'peep' her friends. Getting peeped was when you woke up and found all of your car windows completely covered with Easter Peeps. They stick to glass pretty well if you get them damp. Don't put them on the painted surfaces, though...probably not good for the paint.

spacehog 4 years ago

Thanks Bob! Great vid. I had a feeling that's what an Easter Peep was. Ret, you're right . Coffee makers are really skewed. Are they measuring in cups or shot glasses? I usually use a shot glass anyway. The metric system messed everything up. Instead of a fifth, my whiskey bottles all say 750ml. My coffee maker holds and exact fifth of whiskey. Do not ever put anything stronger than 100 proof whiskey in your coffee maker. I put some Everclear 180 proof in there once and KABOOM! I still have scars on the back of my scalp.

cthulhu_4_president 4 years ago

Only ones that look like Jesus. Then I eat too many and they get 'ressurected'.

trinity 4 years ago

lol somedude-gotta watch 'em close or they will overtake the nuker!

CWGOKU 4 years ago

They are nasty tasting things. Yuck. Steve... Chairman of WHAT?!

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

I am fond of them ..... in my trousers.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

Everywhere in the world a cup = 8 oz. Except when it comes to coffee makers. Fill it to the 10 cup mark, and you only get 4 cups of coffee.

somedude20 4 years ago

ever microwave those bad boys? they grow 4x their size

btw, what dumba** would ask this question at the Merc? Hey lets go to an overeaters group meeting and ask if they eat vegetables

Pywacket 4 years ago

Gaw-- I didn't even like them when I was a kid! As disappointing, disgusting candy, they are in the same league with those hideous orange peanut-shaped candies (which, incongruously, lack any peanut flavor). Or those orange- and black-wrapped Halloween candies--the ones cheap people give out.

My favorite Easter candies: Cadbury's mini-eggs! These are simply a nice, smooth chocolate egg (maybe an inch long) with a thin, hard shell--specked blue, pink, yellow, and white. They come in a purple bag. I also love Jelly Bellies (sans licorice!), but never much cared for "regular" tasteless, sweet jellybeans.

Kontum1972 4 years ago

good dose of penicillin knocks it out...

autie 4 years ago

OK, it would appear we have different concepts of just what a peep may or may not be. But what I want to know, is what does a chairman do? Just chairman? Not chairman of the board of party chairman....what?

Donnuts 4 years ago

T.O.B.

That sure is quite the result.... thanks for posting your research.

consumer1 4 years ago

Only slighty more than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

prospector 4 years ago

Whipped corn syrup and refined sugar with yellow dye 13 just reminds me of what makes America great.

Donnuts 4 years ago

I just can't wait to bite into a crusty sticky sugar mess that sticks my insides together. It is like they could scrape the sides of the mixing bowl clean and add some stuff off the floor and it would be the same. Yuk. Have any of you ever seen the food channel's documentary of how those things are made?

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

Ok. I did some research on what an Easter Peep is. Here is the result...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

autie knows the score. And they whine and bitch like hell if you serve lamb.

autie 4 years ago

Easter peeps are only in it for the ham. They won't even go fishing with you even if they are from Oklahoma.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

T_O_B, Same as the Christs Mass peeps, but without the gifts.

trinity 4 years ago

they are just soooooooooo cute! and there's not only easter peeps but peeps for nearly every holiday-all's ya gotta do is look for 'em. some people like 'em dried out; i like to put 'em in the microwave&nuke 'em for a few seconds. they get all oozey squishey.

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

I have no clue what an Easter peep is.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

Not so much.
Too many peeps means drama overshadows the meaning of Ostara.

gabbygaberton 4 years ago

Sweet, squishy marshmallow covered with sparkle sugar that crunches between my teeth....love them :)

spacehog 4 years ago

I Love Everyday Peeple. And I Loves me some Nia Peeples. Oh, yeah..... http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/nia-peeples-photo.jpg

autie 4 years ago

I don't have any Easter peeps. Just the regular peeps in my crew.

spacehog 4 years ago

And BTW, censors. Don't EVEN start pinking people for straying off topic on this one. If you're gonna ask a yes or no question, at least don't make it a stupid one.

spacehog 4 years ago

Yah, amazing. Are you ever gonna learn? If you're a rich hippie and you wanna shop at the Merc, cool. But quit asking the damn OTS question there. You will never, ever get diverse answers. These coffee-shop-cool people are of a oneness of mind, Much like the Hutaree and Hare Krishnas.

spacehog 4 years ago

Wha? What the hell is an Easter Peep. I guess I'll say yes, but I'm much more of a window peeper. Is this about peeping in windows on Easter? Big deal. I'd be doing it anyway.

Daniel Speicher 4 years ago

Whaaaa??? People going into the Merc DON'T like Peeps?? Unheard of.