Previous   Next

Are you excited about spring football starting?

Browse the archives

“Definitely, get my mind off basketball.”

“Yeah, I want to see how our team’s going to look with our new coach and program.”

“Yes, I am, because I think Turner Gill is going to be great.”

“I’m not really excited about football in general, but since it’s KU I’ll probably pay more attention to it than I normally would.”

Related story

Comments

Ceallach 4 years ago

The circle of life, eh Gootsie?

Gootsie 4 years ago

All religious slamming aside, yes we are absolutely thrilled for football to get here. It will take away the pain of how basketball ended, just as basketball was supposd to take way how football ended!

Donnuts 4 years ago

I am kind of waiting for the new ballet season to come out. Frisbee is always fun and when the weather is good I get my boomerangs out if nobody wants to play frisbee.

Richard Payton 4 years ago

Play hurt no problem you now have free health care. Mangino could have had a pass on that guess I'm lucky Lew! Cussing in dorm room permitted because I can't hear the EVIL ONE.

spacehog 4 years ago

Man, that K-State game the other night was the Thrilla In Manila of basketball! Go K-State? Anyone?...............

spacehog 4 years ago

You know jim, when I re-read that post I was thinking the same thing, "For What It's Worth". I reluctantly admit that in his early, struggling days, Bob would take entire traditional folk songs and just use his own words. Incidentally, I can't take credit for that Gill speech. It's that classic monologue delivered by Sam Jackson in "Pulp Fiction". I just tricked it out a little. Bob would be proud.

jimjones 4 years ago

Ah Space, that was so sweet, I could almost cry (Of course, you know I already do every time I hear Dylan's voice) When you started with , "There's something happening here..." I was kind of hoping for Buffalo Springfield.

I like the rest of your stuff, man.

thebcman 4 years ago

Spacehog .. that was awesome. So here in fabulous Eudora, we had six inches of snow last Saturday, rain and hail this morning. Gotta love Kansas in March.

BABBOY 4 years ago

Wow, spacehoh, that makes want to put on my shoulder pads and helment and go hit someone...

(I know you were be funny but that is sort of how those talks go and well they work)

autie 4 years ago

Today finds me generally lethargic...shopping with the spousa and waiting on the thunderstorms. A belly full of blueberry pancakes and jimmy dean sausage...Yes, lethargic sums it up quite nicely.

prospector 4 years ago

Practices are closed, so I guess the excitement has to be on the down low. I am excited about Miabock coming soon to the Free State Brewery.

spacehog 4 years ago

I think Coach Gill's pre-game peptalk will go something like this: "The path of our opponent is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of touchdowns and field goals, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his teamates keeper and the finder of lost helmets. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my players. And you will know my name is the Gillster when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

Not so much, but the build up to Earth Hour has me all tingly. How about you Joe?

spacehog 4 years ago

I like it, nobody1793. I also like Mike Leach. I'll miss him. Man, I think I've said this before, but there's has to be something in the rulebook that says cussing is MANDATORY in football.

nobody1793 4 years ago

Greed--students don't get paid. check Gluttony/sloth--put them all on the morris twin workout plan. check Envy-- They've already got the new state of the art practice/locker room facilities. check Lust-- Mike Leech is sending up some of those 'fat little girlfriends' from Texas Tech. check

spacehog 4 years ago

Hey jimmy! Good to see ya. Yeah, I'm anxious to see what other biblical stuff Coach Gill will enforce. So far we have a no cussing rule. And I'm guessing the no-names-on-the-jerseys is about keeping vanity in check. So now he'll just have to deal with Greed, Gluttony, Envy, Sloth, and Lust. He's already got Wrath and Pride covered. For you, Jimmy: Because something is happening here But you don't know what it is Do you, Mister Jones ? -Bob Dylan, "Ballad of a Thin Man"

jimjones 4 years ago

Ask me i about four years,,,after Lew Perkins is fired and our new coach will begin another "rebuilding year"

Donnuts 4 years ago

Not really, my back is acting up and I have a pulled muscle in my leg; so I only run and cycle and swim now. I can't do my yoga like I used to. I have never been into contact sports as much because of my size and I am prone to injury. Plus they always called it 'smear the queer' when I played and I was young and small so as I got older I cycled alone until my knee fixed itself and I could run again. Contact sports; no thanks avoiding cars when training on bike is enough !!!!!!!