Previous   Next

Do you file your income taxes online or on paper?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 26, 2010

Browse the archives

“Our accountant files them online.”

“Online. …It gets me to where I got to go.”

“On paper. I like having the paper in my hand to make sure I didn’t screw anything up.”

“I do it online because it’s easy and convenient.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

English muffins, with cream cheese. Strawberries.

Ceallach 4 years, 5 months ago

Online so that if anything goes wrong, like I don't pay enough taxes, I can blame Turbo Tax.

grammaddy 4 years, 5 months ago

Paper, I enjoy doing the math myself. I always do it twice just to make sure they match.,and I have a copy.

LoveThsLife 4 years, 5 months ago

Online for sure- We get our refund faster that way.

Liberty275 4 years, 5 months ago

Always on paper. I also tape the envelope closed to prevent tampering.

BorderRat 4 years, 5 months ago

Liberty, don't lick the envelope or they get your DNA too.

CreatureComforts 4 years, 5 months ago

In these times when charges for filing on paper will just go up, and the difference between refund returns grows, why of why file on paper? Do it online, get printer, print copy, put in fire box, drink beer to celebrate.

denak 4 years, 5 months ago

Online. My taxes are pretty straightforward so I don't worry much about it being wrong and being audited. Plus, I get my refund a lot faster that way,

Oak, who told you that. I use to work at McDonalds when I was going through college and I don't think that is true. There are all kinds of crazy rumors that get started. I remember one similar that alleged that a customer got charged more if they took it "to go." That wasn't true. Doubt this one is also.

Dena:)

Liberty275 4 years, 5 months ago

"Liberty cracks me up.

I am guessing he has at least 4 or 5 locks on the door"

Our doors remain unlocked all the time except when we go on vacation. Trust me, if you walked up to our front door, you would do a 180 and leave pretty quick just from the sound of the dog.

"I am also guessing a pistol under the mattress"

I'm too suicidal to own a gun.

You have just batted a big fat goose egg, buddy.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 5 months ago

I wrote my tax information on a goose and sent him winging his way toward Washington.