Previous   Next

Do you file your income taxes online or on paper?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 26, 2010

Browse the archives

“Our accountant files them online.”

“Online. …It gets me to where I got to go.”

“On paper. I like having the paper in my hand to make sure I didn’t screw anything up.”

“I do it online because it’s easy and convenient.”

Comments

autie 4 years ago

shoot fire space boy...we gonna have to get you educated...what do you mean you no hablo fishin speak? Are you some kindy Al Quida plant? Harold Ensley coulda been my grandpa...I met him once in Overland Park...and I thought, my god he is still flippin alive? I ain't sure though, I would have to consult with the higher authorit-tie on taken you fishin,,,,got any Thai sticks?

spacehog 4 years ago

"...minnows was the order of the day....I caught one on a jig..the other two on minnow."

No hablo fishing speak. Please translate. Man, Autie you could run circles around Harold Ensley. "Going Fishin'. Fresh Air. The Chance. For Wishin'.........

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

I wrote my tax information on a goose and sent him winging his way toward Washington.

autie 4 years ago

TOB...minnows was the order of the day....I caught one on a jig..the other two on minnow. Pretty nice time except for the howling wind...kindy breezy down here today..You know, that red dirt wind.

Liberty275 4 years ago

"Liberty cracks me up.

I am guessing he has at least 4 or 5 locks on the door"

Our doors remain unlocked all the time except when we go on vacation. Trust me, if you walked up to our front door, you would do a 180 and leave pretty quick just from the sound of the dog.

"I am also guessing a pistol under the mattress"

I'm too suicidal to own a gun.

You have just batted a big fat goose egg, buddy.

spacehog 4 years ago

I'm being a Page Pig. I'll take 30 or so valium and shut up for awhile.

spacehog 4 years ago

I love you, CW!! I'll apply for it. The pay is lousy, but the job description is pure heaven!! Hell, I do that for free down at the library sometimes.

spacehog 4 years ago

Hey Autie. Will you take me fishing sometime? I'm more of a pocket fisherman but I guess I coud do that while you catch some crappie or something. I hear the Kaw has some real tasty catch. Oh, the topic. I don't have to pay taxes. I'm a Constitutionalist. You know, "God, Guts, and Guns Made America Great", "I Will Give Up My Gun When They Pry My Cold, Dead Fingers From Around It", that sort of stuff. Besides, I don't work, only because I feel that work is prostitution. If anything, Big Brother should be paying me.

spacehog 4 years ago

CreatureComforts, your avatar is traumatic for me. As I explained yesterday, I spent last week in a dark cell in a Tiajuana jail with 5 men who looked like Ron Jeremy. They did unspeakable things to me. But really, Ron was one of my favorite actors in the 70's and 80's. He and Seka made some great cinema.

spacehog 4 years ago

"WICHITA — It was, he figured, just supposed to be a harmless little nocturnal gathering with friends to do some drugs at a south Wichita house.

Almost before he knew it, however, a 24-year-old man was naked and running down the street, fleeing gunshots."

Yep, prospector, that was me. I get into some kinda BS everytime I go to Wichita to party. Those folks weren't my friends. I just smelled the weed and invited myself in. The trouble started when I decided to get nekked. See, I don't look too good nekked, and these gals started vomiting. So the men took me out on the front lawn and started kicking me with steel-toed boots. I was able to get up and run, but caught a little buckshot in both cheeks. I'm still sitting here nekked, too sore to put clothes on yet. Also, I'm actually 45, not 24, but all the booze has kept me pretty well preserved.

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

Autie - Minnows? Thinking about heading out to the pond tomorrow to get in shape for the season.

autie 4 years ago

Caught three. Two of em pretty nice...up to 3.5 pounds. Wicked wind though...it beat me to death.

edjayhawk 4 years ago

Thanks for reminding me. I knew there was something I had to do :)

Leslie Swearingen 4 years ago

Dena, I found that out yesterday when I went to the McDonalds that is on Iowa up close to Walmart.

denak 4 years ago

Online. My taxes are pretty straightforward so I don't worry much about it being wrong and being audited. Plus, I get my refund a lot faster that way,

Oak, who told you that. I use to work at McDonalds when I was going through college and I don't think that is true. There are all kinds of crazy rumors that get started. I remember one similar that alleged that a customer got charged more if they took it "to go." That wasn't true. Doubt this one is also.

Dena:)

Leslie Swearingen 4 years ago

I just found out that McDonalds is starting to charge patrons who use the lobby extra. I remember when they didn't even have a lobby. It was strictly drive thru.

CreatureComforts 4 years ago

In these times when charges for filing on paper will just go up, and the difference between refund returns grows, why of why file on paper? Do it online, get printer, print copy, put in fire box, drink beer to celebrate.

BorderRat 4 years ago

Liberty, don't lick the envelope or they get your DNA too.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

BABBOY, Under the mattresses is for money.
Pillows are for pistols.

BABBOY 4 years ago

Liberty cracks me up.

I am guessing he has at least 4 or 5 locks on the door and possibly one of those bars that latch across the entire door way. I am also guessing a pistol under the mattress is foregone conclusion.

(all which means I think he is wimp)

ROFL

Leslie Swearingen 4 years ago

I do pretty much everything online and have electronic banking. It is easy and quick and if you want you can save a copy of everything so you always have proof of transactions.

Liberty275 4 years ago

Always on paper. I also tape the envelope closed to prevent tampering.

CWGOKU 4 years ago

Didn't we have this question a while back? I recall commenting that we have a CPA do our taxes. And we e-file.
Friday...........FINALLY! Is it beer o'clock yet?!

Roland Gunslinger 4 years ago

So we have someone from San Francisco, and actress, and a brewer. Good guess to say that 3/4 are most likely liberal.

Waiting for the ultra-conservatives on here to call BS and say that those three don't file tax returns because as we all know only conservatives pay taxes.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

Still killing the environment with that carbon spewing devil's device? - T_O_B

Heck no! You know I have switched entirely to the clean coal portable machine. http://web3.twitpic.com/img/79003378-b389e441bc56def29f974a763ca9afca.4baccbf8-scaled.jpg

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

"Oh well, out to the shop with power tools and Ronaldo's Portable Margarita Machine."

Still killing the environment with that carbon spewing devil's device?

LoveThsLife 4 years ago

Online for sure- We get our refund faster that way.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

It's "Make Your Own Holiday Day" and I got nothing... That hoovers.

grammaddy 4 years ago

Paper, I enjoy doing the math myself. I always do it twice just to make sure they match.,and I have a copy.

prospector 4 years ago

I put it on some paper this morning. The IRS is downstream, right?

Ceallach 4 years ago

Online so that if anything goes wrong, like I don't pay enough taxes, I can blame Turbo Tax.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

English muffins, with cream cheese. Strawberries.

Donnuts 4 years ago