Previous   Next

Do you have ‘spring fever’?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on March 25, 2010

Browse the archives

“Absolutely, it couldn’t come fast enough. The warm weather needs to be here.”

“Ha ha, definitely not with weather like we’ve been having .. (wink, wink).”

“Absolutely because I’m ready to roll.”

“Yes, I do. … I’m anxious for that warm weather so I can work on my car, work on some yards and see the birds chirping.”

Comments

autie 4 years ago

Boys, I've been thinking about that thing all day now....You gots a job as a conspiracy theroist? So join the damn club dude,,,...along with about a hundred of our fellows. Kevin G, Merrill, Marion, spiderman, Sven, etc, Kevin, You guys know the drill....

PS...Shewmon...I could not put you on that list...My hope is someday we will share a beer and a shotgun.

Bob Kraxner 4 years ago

"Well I have to admit, I felt a bit uneasy when she bent down to tie the laces on my shoes"

spacehog 4 years ago

Good one, lindsaydoyle! Hey, where's jimmy jones today? He loves Bob Dylan lyrics!

CWGOKU 4 years ago

Really? Let's see, the Blue Nile Cafe is across the street, but it was not open yet... What were you doing?

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

"Had biscuits and gravy at Cascones in the River Market in KC last Friday morning. Not too bad. "

I was across the street last Friday morning in the River Market.

Multidisciplinary 4 years ago

lol, autie is SOOO not an old man yet. (cantankerous from what I hear at times yes. old, no) ☺

CWGOKU 4 years ago

autie 4 years ago

well hell's bell's, now that you tell me it is clear as day. most days anyway. what'd you mean old man you whipper snapper? Wait till we have the next cast-a-thon....I'll show you boys an old man.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years ago

Multi, thanks for the information. I had no idea. I thought it was a mutant turtle.

lindsaydoyle 4 years ago

"Honey we could be in Kansas by the time the snow begins to thaw."

Bob Dylan- "Meet Me In The Morning"

Multidisciplinary 4 years ago

Tutorial for the curious: Some can.. Roll over avatar to get gray box, see arrow on right. Choose comment history, that page shows larger photo.

If you happen to have a set up that doesn't allow you to get that gray box (it happens), you can access the user's profile page via a few methods:

Right click on the avatar, open in a new tab or whichever browser option you have. Then choose 'view all' where it show the number of total comments. This takes you to their comment history.

Another way is to click on the user's name. This also takes you to their profile page. Then follow the same instructions for 'view all' above.

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

Sorry, folks. The avatar picture box is too small to contain the wonderfulness of biscuits and gravy.

I_Bejewel 4 years ago

See, I had no idea what TOB's avatar was either. Thanks for the clarification. I had a touch of spring fever on Tuesday when it was gorgeous outside. Need more days like that.

Oh, and my avatar is a pair of running legs. Just FYI if it's not clear. Damn tiny pictures.

CWGOKU 4 years ago

Biscuits and gravy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mmmmmmm..........................................

Deja Coffin 4 years ago

I definitely have spring fever and have even started dreaming about my garden. I can't wait to start working on it!!

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

Get yer eyes checked, old man. That's biscuits and gravy.

autie 4 years ago

TOB, what in the world is that avatar picture? I can't tell if that is a snake head looking at me or some kind of coated pastry with chopped nuts on it.....that whole vision thing runs in the gene pool.

somedude20 4 years ago

<---- this pup is ready to see all the fine girlys in their spring wear

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

" I'm getting a whiff of Terry Allen. "

/nods head.

spacehog 4 years ago

Man, I love these people! Wink wink? WTH? How about Oink Oink? And you would think that the first guy is the normal one. Wrong!! He's getting ready to walk across the street to Dirty Dillon's and start shooting poeple at random.

spacehog 4 years ago

In other sports news, I saw how Coach Gill isn't going to allow his coaches to cuss. Where did he find them, Heritage Baptist Church? Christ, I think it's in the rulebook that cussing is mandatory in football. I'm getting a whiff of Terry Allen. Hope I'm wrong.......

spacehog 4 years ago

No doubt. I'm gonna start hangin' out at the Speedway Shell. Ask the question there everyday! Much cooler than the Merc. I don't know who's trippin' harder, #3 or #4 but they can come over and hang out in the Spacehog Man Cave anytime. Speaking of trippin', I'm kinda outta the loop. When does KU play in the Championship game? Are we playing North Carolina again? That would rule. See, they don't have TV's in the joint in Tiajuana so I missed all that.

prospector 4 years ago

I got it last week. I thought it was due to the tick I pick up on recon at the compound.

CWGOKU 4 years ago

I'll have Spring fever when the warm weather arrives and the ladies wear less. Conspiracy theorist? Does that mean unemployed psychotic? Not sure, the voices in my head are arguing over it right now, I'll get back with you. (wink, wink) Whatever, they found an odd buch for this question. Welcome back Spacehog!

spacehog 4 years ago

K, I don't know if I admire you or am getting envious. But I stand in awe either way. The first time I heard that song was a 70's cover version by Olivia Newton John. Blekkkk! Bob's version is much better. Almost everyone has tried to cover a Dylan song, the most successful being the Hendrix version of "All Along the Watchtower", so damn good that most people don't even know Bob wrote it. Some trivia: Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix "met" one time. Bob was riding his bicycle in Greenwich Village. He pulled up next to a limo at a stoplight. Jimi Hendrix was sitting low in the back seat. They said hi to each other, Bob told him how much he loved "Watchtower", and that he was thinking of maybe recording "The Wind Cries Mary". They would never see each other again.

spacehog 4 years ago

I really need to cut back on the blow. I just created a blog. I swore I would never do that. It's called The Whacky World of Spacehog. I probably won't blog everyday, and I'm sure I'll eventually get pinked, but check it out and holla at me if you like.

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

Space - Yeah, she sort of looks like a turtle while sober. I can't imagine what kind of hideous reptile she looks like while tripping. Take care.

K_Verses_The_World 4 years ago

If not for you, Winter would have no spring, Couldn’t hear the robin sing, I just wouldn’t have a clue, Anyway it wouldn’t ring true, If not for you.

Bob Dylan - If Not for You

spacehog 4 years ago

Sorry about the neighbor lady, Bob. And thanks for the mescaline. It would have saved me some Mexican jail time and close encounters Ron Jeremy look-a-likes if I only knew. I'm usually drunk when I stop by and it always seems like she wants me. I was sober th other day though, and I noticed she looks a lot like Maggie Gyllenhaal. It won't happen again, believe me.

Mel Briscoe 4 years ago

spacehog!! dude!! :)

yes, i have spring fever. i hated the hoth-like winter we had and am ready to see some green leave, buds (no, not those kind of buds spacehog), and flowers.

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

I have Spring Dress Fever.

Good to have you back, Spacehog. This isn't a big deal, but next time I leave malt liquor and mescaline out for you, can you leave the neighbor lady alone. Thanks.

spacehog 4 years ago

On a sad note, I saw on the news this a.m. that Dennis Hopper(b. Dodge City, KS) is dying. Not dead, but dying. Man, that sucks. That dude has ingested more drugs than I could in 3 lifetimes. In fact, if he hadn't sobered up about 10 yrs. ago he'd probably be fine now.

It was revealed in October 2009 that Hopper is suffering from prostate cancer. In January 2010, it was revealed that it is inoperable, terminal and advanced.[3][4] As of March, 2010, he is reported to weigh only 100 pounds and is unable to carry on long conversations.[5]

spacehog 4 years ago

Autie, meet me out at Mary's Lake at noon. Hell with the weather, I'm gonna fire up my portable meth lab and toast my brain and some marshmallows.........

autie 4 years ago

Well multi, the dog recongized right off this morning that it did not appear that I was going to work. But he did notice, right off the bat, that it was friggin raining. Spring fever? Right now it is more lke Spring Pissed Offness. I think Momma gots a list for us though. I am generally opposed to out right fishin in the rain.

Donnuts 4 years ago

Absolutely, it couldn’t come fast enough.

(wink, wink)

Absolutely because I’m ready to roll see the birds chirping!!!!!!!!!

(wink, wink)

spacehog 4 years ago

Man, it's great to be back! Hell Yeah I've got Spring Fever! Let me tell you where I've been. My burnout neighbor, Denny, told me Spring Break was LAST week. So I'm thinking cool, nobody around here has any mescaline or peyote so I'll pop down to Tiajuana and raid the drugstores. So I hopped on my bicycle(DL revoked permanently). Christ, that took long enough. Then, the first drug store I go to was a DEA setup. The "druggists" recognized me right away. I'm pretty popular with the DEA. They were cool to me, but they threw me in a cell with about 5 guys who looked like Ron Jeremy and were NOT nice to me. Luckily, I'm tight with Joe Biden. We get together and cuss up a storm. So 2 phones calls and an hour later and I'm riding first class on Air Force One with the first lady sitting on my lap. Stellar! My advice would be to not go to Mexico. Plus, I don't see how anyone could find Ron Jeremy attractive, although he came off pretty cool on that reality show.

spacehog 4 years ago

Dammit, Freeman! Stay out of the news, or I'm not gonna let you crash with me anymore.

“Ladies and gentlemen please welcome the poet laureate of rock 'n' roll. The voice of the promise of the '60s counterculture. The guy who forced folk into bed with rock. Who donned makeup in the '70s and disappeared into a haze of substance abuse. Who emerged to find Jesus. Who was written off as a has-been by the end of the '80s, and who suddenly shifted gears releasing some of the strongest music of his career beginning in the late '90s. Ladies and gentlemen — Blathering idiot, Spacehog!!!!!!

Multidisciplinary 4 years ago

Loving that fly man! No fever here, nosirreebob. Hey autie, How happy are you this fine sunny spring morning? Got any big adventuresome plans cooked up for you and the dog today? (wink wink)

Boosh 4 years ago

Uh oh we've got a problem when conspiracy theorists work for FEMA and are "ready to roll" (wink wink)