Previous   Next

Would you make a Web site for your pet?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 Clinton Parkway on March 22, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, because that’s just too crazy.”

“No. She doesn’t need one.”

“I would not because I don’t think my pet deserves to be on the computer. I think he’s cute, but some people might not think so.”

“Yes, I would, because we love our pets.”

Related story

Comments

Bob Kraxner 4 years ago

Why yes, as long as he's willing to do all the typing himself!

CreatureComforts 4 years ago

I just went ahead and named my dog Google, so that way someone else did all the work and she takes credit.

denak 4 years ago

Why not, he already has everything else.

Ceallach 4 years ago

Rusty had to give up decaf . . . he couldn't keep up with ms_c :)

Napoleon_Dynomite 4 years ago

Ahh, Ceallach, That darn Al Gore. If he can't get credit for the Internet, he wants to scare us. You're wise to have recognized that connection. Welcome back.

Welcome back to you too MS_C. Sounds like your cat needs decaf

beatrice 4 years ago

No, my pet spider Charlotte makes her own web sites.

Aisling 4 years ago

I would not make a web site for my cat but I'm pretty sure he has his own page but as long as he maintains it himself and pays his own bills then who am I to say he can't?

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

The lemurs sometimes let me use their facebook page.

paulette2 4 years ago

NOT unless he promises to 'BITE' Ann Coulter!

ozzynbn 4 years ago

Oak (anonymous) says… The question is, would you make a web site for your pet? Why did everyone focus on dogs?

Because dogs are the only REAL pets. All others animals are just part of the food chain.

ms_canada 4 years ago

I have the funniest cat, Rusty. He gets into the craziest situations and I grab my camera and whiz bang--=-=- he has his own album on my facebook page. rusty in the washing machine, Rusty up the Christmas tree, Rusty in the dishwasher, Rusty on top of the coffee maker, Rusty in the cupboard, Rusty on top of the cupboard, rusty doing the crossword. he loves that one.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years ago

The question is, would you make a web site for your pet? Why did everyone focus on dogs? I know someone who has a huge aquarium and they put on a web site for them to show the fish off. Now they are answering questions for those who are just getting into fish as pets for the first time. So, it does serve a useful purpose.

prospector 4 years ago

No, There are a lot of crazies out there.

Woof

sherbert 4 years ago

We already do, DogBook, on Facebook.

CWGOKU 4 years ago

My dog won't even keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder, so I am not going to make him a web site. What silly question and I love dogs. Back to goofing off...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

I think KISS should make another live album.

Ceallach 4 years ago

autie, I didn't know about National Goof Off Day, thanks for the excuse!

Ceallach 4 years ago

I already make websites for my pet administrators, does that count?

N_D, does this mean we must also worry about internet warming?

autie 4 years ago

Please take into consideration it is National Goof Off Day. I don't bout that after yesterday. Yesterday I managed to get nothin done. It was tough but I struggle through. My wife told me I didn't get nothin done Saturday neither so I had to tell her I wasn't finished yet.

Boston_Corbett 4 years ago

Marion already has his own website.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

No. How about a website devoted to OTS surveys like this one?

Mel Briscoe 4 years ago

someone's getting lazy w/ the OTS questions..... but then again, it is monday. i don't feel like working today either.

autie 4 years ago

I ain't sure I believed yet. Saturday, a white out of epic proportion, sunday afternoon mostly gone, along with the Oklahoma crew. Weird weekend. Now that the tournament is over I guess we can focus on new endeavors.

jumpin_catfish 4 years ago

I've got serious bow hunting skill, numchuck skills.....

Napoleon_Dynomite 4 years ago

Most people don't realize that the web is almost full and we need to start cleaning off some of the ridiculous stuff. The popularity of blogs (we call them clogs) has taken up any free slack there was in the web. As a web scientist, I've written several papers detailing this. The Obama administration has tried to deny the truth and has attempted to suppress these.

Web cleaning and recycling is everyone's responsibility. Your help is needed to prevent a catastrophic crash of the web. If you have unnecessary material or blogs posted on the web, please remove them. If you no longer use your pages on social networking sites remove them.

Everyone should be using running web cleaner and web defragger at night; it's just as important as recycling. I can't save the web by myself and I can't date every chick who falls in love with my picture.