Previous   Next

Have you filled out your 2010 Census form yet?

Asked at Lawrence Post Office, 645 Vermont St. on March 20, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, mailed last week.”

“I have; it’s in my hand to be mailed now.”

“Filled it out and mailed it.”

“Yes, it took me 10 seconds.”

Comments

Flap Doodle 5 years ago

If a census taker comes to my door, I'll say, "before you come in, I need to know two things. Are you okay with casual nudity? Do you feel uncomfortable around snakes?"

RoeDapple 5 years ago

That might work better than,"You're trespassing. You have to the count of three... two...

nickm81 5 years ago

Yes. The goverment wastes enough money, I don't want to contribute to that by having to send a census-taker my way.

However, if they hadn't included prepaid postage to mail that thing back, I wouldn't even bother. Yes they're less than 50 cents (they are still around 41 cents, right?), but it's the principle of the thing.

Boston_Corbett 5 years ago

No box to check for interstellar alien, so the results are meaningless.

dajudge 5 years ago

I was going to, because they sent me a notice that they would be sending me a census form a week before I got it, then I got to thinking, "I don't get much company, what if I don't send it back, then they'll send someone around and I"ll have a visitor" But, I'll probably just send it in and try not to spill leftover green beer on it.

blackfox 5 years ago

Jean1183 5 years ago

Agree with Solomon & Reticent............I'm not clairvoyant so I can't correctly answer question #1 until April 1st. Also, on question #2......do they think we are lying on #1??? On #3, the answer is "yes" because it's not really anyone's business but mine. On #9 for some other race: human! And for the grand finale: #10 "yes", when we travel we sometimes stay in a hotel and if visiting relatives we stay at their place.

Jean1183 5 years ago

Oh.....and just for the heck of it, I may send them a letter tomorrow notifying them they should be receiving my completed form sometime after April 1st since they were so kind to send me a letter notifying me I would be receiving the Census.

Bill Lee 5 years ago

I haven't looked in my mailbox to see if I got one. Since I don't like having to walk halfway down the block in the snow to check my mail, I have a post office box in a nice warm building downtown. I guess I'll check my mailbox after the snow melts. That'll still let me get it filled out by April first.

Flap Doodle 5 years ago

"Uncovered snakes might be a bit too much for anybody." Especially the python of love.