Previous   Next

Are you a fan of monster truck events?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and La. on March 19, 2010

Browse the archives

“Who isn’t? It’s loud, it’s obnoxious, it’s everything America speaks for.”

“Yes I am, I just love them. I always like trucks.”

“No I’m not, I just don’t have much interest in it.”

“Nah, they’re dangerous. Last one I seen the truck went up in the stands. I’ll watch it on TV, as long as I’m not there.”

Related story

Comments

jonas_opines 4 years, 9 months ago

Took my son to one, it was fun. I like the transformer, and was happy to see that it was still there.

trinity 4 years, 9 months ago

nah, them monster truck rallies don't really sop the gravy, know whut i mean?

Deja Coffin 4 years, 9 months ago

This Sunday Sunday SUNDAY! They've got thrills, chills, and bone breaking spills! You'll pay for the whole seat but all you'll need is the EDGE!!!

meggers 4 years, 9 months ago

Um, no.

It is, however, a superb example of our nation's obsession with excess.

Monster Truck= A Double Quarter Pounder with cheese (supersize it!)

BorderRat 4 years, 9 months ago

Naw, Monster Trucks are for people who don't understand Tractor Pulls.

Kontum1972 4 years, 9 months ago

the BO is bad too..combined with the nitro fuel odor....YUCK!

ms_canada 4 years, 9 months ago

I am just not into stuff like that; car races, trucks tumbling around etc. I do like a good rodeo, I like horse races and stuff like that. I love to go to the paddock and look the ponies over before a race. Horses, I believe, are the most beautiful, majestic and elegant creatures that the Good Lord created on this earth. The most majestic creation of Man on earth is a tall ship. I love the races of the tall ships in full sail. Is that not a beautiful sight???? Snap, crackle, I mentioned this to you once. I was jealous that you had seen one in the harbour. Remember that?

Liberty275 4 years, 9 months ago

"It is, however, a superb example of our nation's obsession with excess. "

8000 HP, 0 to 300 MPH in 4 seconds. That's the ultimate obsession of excess. In the stands, 100 yards away it will literally rattle your brain inside your skull. The first time my wife watched a pair of top fuel cars launch, she had a genuine look of amazement and couldn't believe what had just happened. It will redefine what you think violence is.

blackfox 4 years, 9 months ago

They are a good place to take the kids. Not much racing action. The same motors in Alcohol funny cars go in the high 5's at over 260-280 mph. Now thats racing.