Previous   Next

How do you plan to spend your tax refund this year?

Asked at Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on March 1, 2010

Browse the archives

“Probably put it back into energy-efficient windows in my house.”

“Well, if I get a tax refund, I’m just going to pay a couple of my small bills, get back to even. I’m not going to Vegas.”

“We’re planning on putting some of it away and paying some bills.”

“We are paying bills.”

Related story

Comments

Chris Ogle 4 years, 11 months ago

How do you plan to spend your tax refund this year?

Pay other taxes

Flap Doodle 4 years, 11 months ago

Compared to last year, less liquor, more ammo.

jumpin_catfish 4 years, 11 months ago

I'm givin' it back to the government because they do such a great job using our money. NOT!

grammaddy 4 years, 11 months ago

The usual. catch up on a few bills and a major purchase. This year it's five new tires on the car. Maybe another road trip. In the car this time, not on the train.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 11 months ago

plan to spend it? its already half spent! i mainly paid bills and bought stuff that we needed... oh, and car repairs. and i got my two kittens spayed/neutered (cost just as much as the car repairs!).

RoeDapple 4 years, 11 months ago

That and the change from the sofa should buy me a cup of coffee...

Vic 4 years, 11 months ago

Already spent because I already got it. New transmission for my car.

CreatureComforts 4 years, 11 months ago

Savings savings savings! Yeah, I know that is an evil word in America...

Deja Coffin 4 years, 11 months ago

We use our refund to pay off bills and then the rest goes into our savings account and the kids savings accounts. We never really get to do anything fun with it. I want to be one of those people that gets it and just blows it on crap. I know a girl that once used her refund to get a breast augmentation. Now talk about investing wisely!!

ksmax 4 years, 11 months ago

Well lucky me, I get to pay for a bankrupcy....I have lost my home and my car.....I am a product of this "great" economy!!! All the money to bail out the big corporations, while the little person just gets to lose everything! What a great world we live in!!!

Shane Garrett 4 years, 11 months ago

Once H&R block takes their cut, I guess I could pay the contractor that put in the new energy efficient door and window in on my house. I want my money back.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 11 months ago

Bob, is that some kind of weird joke? Is Spacehog really in jail? Would not that be first page news.? Or is it connected with the story of the girl? :-) I redecorated the bedroom and living room with new curtains.

notajayhawk 4 years, 11 months ago

Spent most of ours five weeks ago, the weekend we got it.

kclee 4 years, 11 months ago

getting another card and investing in cloth diapers!! yes

puddleglum 4 years, 11 months ago

dang VIC, that's a hard way to go, unless it is a tranny upgrade...

I plan on burning my refund on a cross ram intake for hemi...

anybody got one?

jonas_opines 4 years, 11 months ago

"I want to know how this earned income thing works when you didn't earn any income?"

It doesn't. You have to have earned income to get the earned income credit.

beatrice 4 years, 11 months ago

Careful jonas, moocher is likely to think the allowance mom gives him each week will qualify.

kenny_powers 4 years, 11 months ago

BigPrune 4 years, 11 months ago

Refund? Who gets a refund these days?

If you overpay the IRS, shouldn't they have to pay interest to the taxpayer instead of using the money for free? The IRS charges interest to the taxpayer if they can't pay their taxes. Why the double standard?

Stuart Evans 4 years, 11 months ago

KR, I think most of them rely heavily on the Earned Income Credits and such. so what they are reaping at the end of the year is actually redistribution of wealth. The income tax system is a load of crap!