Previous   Next

Have you ever attended the Lecompton Territorial Days celebration?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on June 25, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, but I have been to the Lane Museum.”

“No, but I have driven through Lecompton.”

“No, I have not … but I have a grandson coming over this weekend, so I might do something like that. I like Civil War re-enactments, those are cool.”

“No, but I would like to … sounds like fun.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

yes. '75 to present. see you there. wear sunscreen.

Bill Lee 4 years, 5 months ago

I used to go, but haven't in many years.

Kontum1972 4 years, 5 months ago

no that town scares me...i could hear dueling banjos in the background.....and i left my bow and arrows at home....

Kontum1972 4 years, 5 months ago

Hippies...?

were the hippies eating there or working?

obtw you know what happened to Custer....kinda like the Mckristol fiasco too big for his stars.

kjo_shorty 4 years, 5 months ago

Yes, I have been many times and plan to attend again this year. A lot of fun activities for the kids such as bike, frog & turtle races, relay games, a parade, carnival games & rides, etc... also fun for the adults, especially Saturday when the band plays. There are no banjos in this band. Just good old rock and roll. Not that I have anything against banjos =)

1029 4 years, 5 months ago

I went every year from '63-'88, but I've only been twice since then--1992 and 2004.

dajudge 4 years, 5 months ago

I have not. But if there will be a vuvuzela band there, I might.

Shane Garrett 4 years, 5 months ago

Actually there will be no civil war re-enactment. There will be a re-enactment of the wedding of Presidents Eisenhowers parents whom where married in Lacompton. Circa 1870.

Shane Garrett 4 years, 5 months ago

Actually there will be no civil war re-enactment. There will be a re-enactment of the wedding of President Eisenhowers parents whom where married in Lacompton. Circa 1870.

jonas_opines 4 years, 5 months ago

No, but occasionally I've missed the McDonald street exit and had to take the K-10 exit that at least is entitled "LeCompton." It's happened at least three times.

I might go. Can I bring a cannon?