Previous   Next

What do you think about the new 10-team Big 12?

Asked at Royal Crest Lanes, 933 Iowa on June 15, 2010

Browse the archives

“Completely ecstatic, I’m so glad that Texas stayed.”

“I don’t like it, I think the Big 12 should have stayed together. …Texas gets too big a piece of the (money) pie.”

“As long as it makes KU money, I think it’s great.”

“I don’t really care what happens to it, I’m just glad that Nebraska left.”

Comments

jonas_opines 4 years, 7 months ago

Sounds fine, but I'm more glad about being done with my thesis and finally finishing my grad degrees as of today. Woo!

John Hamm 4 years, 7 months ago

I'd put a couple $$ on there's gonna be 2 added in the near future.

riverdrifter 4 years, 7 months ago

Me too. The only team they'll expand with is Notre Dame & that ain't gonna happen. Can you vision the two primma donnas in the same conference?!

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 7 months ago

actually proud of texas for staying-- can't believe i'm giving them props for anything yet, here i sit, propping...

jaywalker 4 years, 7 months ago

Thank goodness! And to those that would begrudge Texas gettin' a larger slice of the pie....don't. If the roles were reversed and Kansas brought in the huge dollars for the conference, tell me you wouldn't think we deserved a larger slice.

Now who moves to the North? OU or OSU? And do we now allow Arkansas to move in, and if so, who else do we go after to round out the 12?

grammaddy 4 years, 7 months ago

Thank you Coach Self for all your hard work!

estespark 4 years, 7 months ago

Now that's funny.

I'm not a CU fan - It's only my online handle.

Lindsey Buscher 4 years, 7 months ago

In all honesty, I am good sticking with 10 teams, but...

Why is everybody talking about it remaining a 10-team league? That isn't going to happen. We have until the Fall of 2011 to replace two teams. Conference realignment took less than a week to play out so there is no reason to think that we can't find two teams in the next year. We will still be the Big 12 with 12 teams.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 7 months ago

the Dented Ten?

Hearty congratulations Jonas! I know the feeling: I was sooooo glad to turn in that 107-page thesis myself!

David Roberts 4 years, 7 months ago

What would be the point of having two extra teams if the Big 12 can get better TV money to split with 10? I say we stick with 10 unless we see other schools that add more to the league than they would take from it. Oh, and maybe now we can get rid of a Conference Championship Game in football (unless those games become part of a National playoff system). It would be nice to actually have two Big-whatever teams in contention for the National Title, something that is unlikely to happen as long as we have a Conference Championship Game.

BigAl 4 years, 7 months ago

I think it is great. We maintain our rivalries, get to remain in the same time-zone and almost double our take-home pay. This beats the PAC10 or Mountain West. And, we will not miss NU or CU. The biggest loss will be the guaranteed 4 wins in basketball. Yes, Texas will earn more but so will we and everyone else.

Win - Win all around.

puddleglum 4 years, 7 months ago

I am trying hard to remember anything spacehog ever contributed...

of course, so many people change their names and accounts and all that, it is hard to keep up with it.

was he girlfriend part II?

Richard Heckler 4 years, 7 months ago

Bring all KU Home Games back to Lawrence !

Taxpayers need the dough and so do Mass Street merchants.

Anyway why spoil school spirit by supporting KCMO tax dollar cookie jars?

Kent Fisher 4 years, 7 months ago

Just think of the fun that JoeCollege (Larry Sinks) would be having with this fiasco!

coolmarv 4 years, 7 months ago

Can we still get rid of Mizzou? Doesn't anybody else want Mizzou?

dajudge 4 years, 7 months ago

We should go back to being the Big 8. Get rid of a couple more teams that would likely beat us.

Richard Payton 4 years, 7 months ago

KU played Texas holdem while Texas played the rest of us. Texas got rid of a thorn in Tom Osburn and his posse. Texas got rid of CU the weakest link in the Big 12 which TV networks notice. If the Texas network doesn't work expect them to bolt to another conference.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 7 months ago

I have heard from more than one source that one reason CU left was that they didn't like being in the conference with Baylor, as Baylor is a Christian university.

... granted, this is a rumor and generally I don't care about sports.
now, will the Dented Ten put in weight limits for coaches?