Previous   Next

What was the last concert you attended?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 12, 2010

Browse the archives

“Mary J. Blige in ‘97. That was in Wichita.”

“It was a Three Sun Green concert, a couple of weeks ago. People from my high school formed the band.”

“Keith Urban in Wichita last summer.”

“Thirty Three Miles. It was close to Beaver City, Nebraska, about a month ago. It was good, Christian rock.”

Comments

Mary Darst 4 years, 6 months ago

Oh Roe, that is one of my favorite band. Saw them at the Wheat Jam in Winfield about 7 years ago.....Eli's Comin! WOOOOO!

Mister 4 years, 6 months ago

Lil Wayne or was it R.Kelly.....? One of them.

labmonkey 4 years, 6 months ago

Hank Jr. at the Sprint Center last month.

meggers 4 years, 6 months ago

The Flaming Lips two months ago at whatever Sandstone is being called these days. Always a great show.

grammaddy 4 years, 6 months ago

It's been a while. George Clinton and the P-funk All Stars at Liberty Hall last time he was here.George loved me so much he stayed an extra day.

gccs14r 4 years, 6 months ago

New York Philharmonic in Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center last month. Kurt Masur was the conductor.

CreatureComforts 4 years, 6 months ago

What is a laundry attendant, and what are the odds that two of them will be in here??

weatherguy48 4 years, 6 months ago

Rockfest Kansas City, May 2010

Before that, Alice in Chains in KC in Feb

Countless and Countless local bands

riverdrifter 4 years, 6 months ago

"I just went to see the piano."

Say what?!

coolmom 4 years, 6 months ago

heart, journey and cheap trick last summer.

beatrice 4 years, 6 months ago

Some of you folks need to get out more often!

I love live music.

Lavay Smith and the Red Hot Skillet Lickers was the last show I attended. Outdoors, on the grass (not a euphemism), under the stars with a bottle wine. What a great night. This is Smith and company at another show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81AMiw...

In Feb. I saw St. Vincent, but it was a "show," not a concert since it was in a club. Still great. Clip from actual show I saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol56TY...

Best concert I've seen in the past few years was Tom Waits. He is amazing. Viddie from second night in Phoenix. I was at first night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0xotB...

Roger Waters was the last big concert I've attended. He put on a pretty good show as well, doing the entire Dark Side album, plus other stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwVELr...

Kathy Getto 4 years, 6 months ago

World Premiere “Parables”

Topeka Symphony Orchestra---May 1, 2010

Topeka Festival Singers; Washburn Choir & Women’s Chorus

Composer Robert Aldridge; Lyricist Herschel Garfein

Soloists: Monica Yunus, Janara Kellerman, Jung-Pill Ryu, Todd Thomas

Parables was commissioned by Douglas and Andrew Reeves in honor of their parents Jean and Julie Reeves

Our daughter sang in the choir which made it the most awesome concert we have attended lately! Before that, Tony Bennett, George Thorogood and Little Feet or Macy Gray. Can't remember when any of these were - years seem to smoosh all together as I age!! :-)

8ball 4 years, 6 months ago

crue fest 2009-charm city devils,drowning pool,theroy of dead man,godsmack,and of course motley crue.at the sprint center,awesome show

amrose42683 4 years, 6 months ago

Nickelback/Shinedown/Breaking Benjamin/Sick Puppies @ Sprint Center April 26th Before that Alice In Chains in KC Feb. 22

Got TOOL coming up on June 25th:)

8ball 4 years, 6 months ago

do you know who is opening up for tool,ilooked on sprint center website but they didnt say

OldEnuf2BYurDad 4 years, 6 months ago

My last two were at www.folkonmass.org Amazing, and withing walking distance.

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

HEY!! What happened to spacehog?? Disapearededed??

RIP, spacehog . . .

acg 4 years, 6 months ago

It was Summer Beach Ball, 2006, hosted by 96.5 The Buzz. It was a pretty good show. 311 was the headliner, but there were tons of acts. We had lots of drinks, we got married, Kill Hannah was my wedding party. What a memorable day. Not many folks can say there were 15,000 people at their wedding, eh?

schula 4 years, 6 months ago

George Strait at the Sprint Center on April 8, 2010

Tonight, going to see the Little River Band in Gardner, KS

denak 4 years, 6 months ago

Pass-A-Fist, local teenage band, my son is friends with the drummer, Kainen.

Before that, Rob Zombie and Ozzy at the Sprint Center last year.

vinividivici 4 years, 6 months ago

Mark Mallman at the Replay :) You haven't lived till you've seen him ride his keyboard and swing his mic like a lasso!

whats_going_on 4 years, 6 months ago

last weekend, City Market, Buzz under the stars concert

perhaps late July... Ben Folds, Devo, Crash Kings

and definitely in July...Sir Paul.

George_Braziller 4 years, 6 months ago

Tina Turner in, I think, 1992 at Starlight Theatre.

oncoRN_638 4 years, 6 months ago

Wakarusa Music Festival in Arkansas!!! Saw so many shows but my favorites would've been Railroad Earth and Umphrey's Mcgee. Widespread Panic was pretty amazing as always.

Tomorrow (Sunday) Michael Franti and Spearhead at The Crossroads in KC.

yankeevet 4 years, 6 months ago

Kenny Rogers and the First Edition; Kansas City; 1970

Ron Holzwarth 4 years, 6 months ago

A friend's elderly father who was unable to drive wanted to go to a Benny Hinn revival, or whatever they called it, at Kemper Arena. So, I gave him a ride to see Benny Hinn live. The only way to describe the experience was that it was a rock concert, flashing lights, costumes, singing, and all. I didn't see any miracles of faith healing or miracles of any other kind that night.

So, I guess the Benny Hinn rock concert at Kemper Arena was the last rock concert I attended. I'm sorry if my description of Benny Hinn's event offends anyone.

sassykansan 4 years, 6 months ago

Brad Paisley at Sprint Center, two weeks ago. I go to concerts all the time. Feel bad for people who haven't been in years.

Kyle Neuer 4 years, 6 months ago

Betty LaVette and Robert Randolph a few weeks ago in San Jose.

Lenette Hamm 4 years, 6 months ago

The Lt. Dan Band (Gary Sinise & Friends) Uptown Theatre KCMO in April. Next-Moody Blues in Des Moines!