Previous   Next

Are you excited about the start of the soccer World Cup?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 11, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, I’m more of a basketball person.”

“No, I am really indifferent. I just don’t really follow sports, specifically the World Cup.”

“I wouldn’t say that I’m not excited. It’s interesting, and I know it’s the biggest sporting event in the world, and the United States, I think, has a good team this year.”

“I can’t really say I have any interest in it whatsoever. I’ve never been into soccer or other team sports, for that matter.”

Comments

UNIKU 3 years, 10 months ago

Proof that soccer blows. Two games yesterday ended in ties.One was a scoreless tie, the other 1-1.

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

Has it started yet? How's Pele' doing? I'm working on it, Autie. I've got a ripe batch in the still and many 'teens of meth brewing in the bathroom. I did an 8 ball when I woke up this morning. Right now I'm hearing "Jump Into the Fire" by Harry Nilsson blaring in my head, and every time I look out the window I see helicopters and Feds racing toward my house looking for Kim Chee. I'll get back to you. Any body have any valium blue? You can climb a mountain You can swim the sea You can jump into the fire But you'll never be free You can shake me up Or I can break you down Whoa-o-o-o-, whoa-o-o-o- We can make each other happy

You can jump into the fire

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 10 months ago

Heads up. Making sure this gets more coverage. Joyce's son is missing. Last seen at his home May 26th. Truck found at Longview Lake,(Mo) Mouse Creek Boat Ramp on June 2nd. She's posted a blog, but I'm putting it here so more will see it. If you can repost it on your FB, please do. http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/musin...

And you can make a tinyurl to send out a tweet, any bit might turn up a lead. I know you all are masters at this. Let's make it happen.

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

gosh Ret....that's deep. almost makes you sound.......oh....I don't know................european? Spacehog, are you ever gonna PM us your address so we can come drink all your whiskey?

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

Mylar balloons and empty beer cans and whiskey bottles.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 10 months ago

Hugs are like dreams they make you feel good, they put a smile on your face.

grammaddy 3 years, 10 months ago

I don't follow soccer. But I was saddened by the story about the death of Mandela's great-granddaughter after the concert there.

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

I think Matt Damon is playing Stinkaroo this weekend. Aren't all actors entitled to a music career? Just look at Kevin Costner, unless you can avoid it. He has a soul patch now. I think his idea is to dip it in the oil in the Gulf until it's all soaked up. Boy, kids...I think he just turned 17.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 10 months ago

"Levon Helm made some movie appearances.....wasn't he in Coal Miners Daughter? I pretty much quit talking to dead guys too."

Levon put out two albums last year. He's playing Bonnaroo this weekend.

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

I was pretty sure it was Levon Helm. That guy is cool. About Bob's age, still truckin'. I wouldn't mind seeing him, but I'm pretty much on a Bob Dylan budget. I wanted to finally see Carlos Santana at Starlight next month, but the decent seats are too expensive.

CWGOKU 3 years, 10 months ago

Levon Helm is alive and will be in Westport in July for a concert. I may go. He was in Coal Miner's Daughter, The Right Stuff and Shooter. Good one Andini!

Andini 3 years, 10 months ago

Are you excited about the start of the soccer World Cup?

I was born excited...if you know what I mean?

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

I'd rather go see The Band at a casino. Most of them are dead. Richard Manuel hanged himself in '86, one guy died of cancer, Robbie Robertson won't talk to any of them. I think the dude from Arkansas is still alive. They got some mileage off of "I Shall Be Released" by Bob. I'm not crazy about bands with a drummer that sings. Take note, Dan Henley(I know it's Don, I'm just dissing him).

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

corn on the cob can be very important in the scope of life. ribs too.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 10 months ago

It is also National Corn on the Cob day.

CWGOKU 3 years, 10 months ago

Come on Andini, share with us about how nobody likes soccer, good day for that one. No, not excited about World Cup, but will jump on band wagon if we win. Yep, fair weather fan, same with Royals. Best thing is, took the day off and have a fridge full of Bud and an almost full bottle of Jack. Hic...

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

it is go barefoot day,......again. There was one of those in May too.

R_I started it.....He urinated off of his front porch.

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

spacehog, autie just got a "The Band" flashback with the song they did on the Easy Rider soundtrack.....you know those damn Canadians played a lot with your boy on tour back in those days...so now The Band can be another spacehog menomic device.

prospector 3 years, 10 months ago

Nobody likes soccer. Nobody...

BABBOY 3 years, 10 months ago

I hate soccer. I could care less.

More power to those who like it. But, not for me. I am all football and golf and some basketball when I am really bored......

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

Ok, I'm back. Damn R_I. When a guy has got go, he's got to go...and that can be pretty exciting at times, porch or not. In fact, come to my house and stay out in the front yard....it will help keep those armadillos at bay. TOB, you really ought to take a trip to dictionary.com on that one...might come in handy when you and the other guy are monster trucking in the back yard.

and snap said thin pancakes!!! Viva la crepe!! What was the question again? Something about cups? No, I only watch World Cup Soccer by proxy...I have to remove carpet and pad this weekend, then go mow, then go fishing, then go drinking....no time for "football". Unless Manchester United goes to the PAC 10.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

I'll get some little thin pancakes to celebrate.

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

I'm a gonna have to look that one up...I'll be back in minute.....

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 10 months ago

"I am as excited about the World Cup as I am about micturating off the porch."

RI - You are up here.

/raises hand above head.

we need you down here.

/lowers hand to eye-level.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 10 months ago

I am as excited about the World Cup as I am about micturating off the porch.

But it is Hug Holiday Day. They are free, and I am a touchy-feely guy, then tomorrow is Loving Day. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

Oh boy. You bet. Those U2 teaser commercials really got me hooked. Why can't Boner quit trying to save Africa and just sing "One". That's a really nice song.

Bill Lee 3 years, 10 months ago

Growing up in Germany, soccer was the first team sport I remember playing. In the early days of pro soccer in this country I was a Tampa Bay Rowdies fan. That said, I have to admit I don't really pay much attention to the sport any longer. If the US team advances beyond a round or two, I'll start watching the games, but I'm a "homer." If and when the US loses, I'll quit watching.

RoeDapple 3 years, 10 months ago

Hey spacehog! Come on out to Lecompton's Territorial Days,June 25 and 26! They won't be serving free liquor, but I'll make sure you get some.Liquor that is. You're on your own for anything else! Had a lady ask me if she knew me a few years back, when I said I didn't think so she said,"Should I?"

Biggest difference between small towns and big cities? The undesirables are easier to avoid in the big cities. Out here everyone lives within rock throwin, distance of each other. That's why we don't build glass (out)houses!

Bring a turtle for the turtle races! Load it up with steroids and caffeine, I guarantee you'll have a winner!