Previous   Next

Are you planning to attend the 25th annual Tonganoxie Days this weekend?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and La. on June 10, 2010

Browse the archives

“Probably not because they won’t have free liquor.”

“Nope, I’m not. I’m headed out of town.”

“Yes … it’s always fun to go through to see the different crafts and people. We’ve been to it at least a half-dozen times of more.”

“No … but I would check it out if I were here. I love festivals.”

Related story

Comments

Bill Lee 4 years, 10 months ago

Spacehot, we have a-holes like that in Lawrence, too. I have been to Tonganoxie Days in the past, but not for a long time. I'm going to be enjoying my high school reunion in Neodesha this weekend, though, so I can't make it this year.

Bill Lee 4 years, 10 months ago

Dave and I used to date sisters. He's a few years younger and used to be my carrier in Lawrence.

somedude20 4 years, 10 months ago

I am sure the town of Tonganoxie can muster up a few cans of Camo for ya Randy if you would be so kind as to grace them with your presence

Randy Lynn for mayor!!

Deja Coffin 4 years, 10 months ago

We actually might go.... if the weather isn't too humid. My girls love the kiddie rides!Thankfully my husband is the one that gets stuck riding with them.

Shane Garrett 4 years, 10 months ago

Prairie Lake north of Holton for me n my Cuzins. For some hootin an hollerin.

Here is the lineup of bluegrass, old-time, Americana and country folk bands slated to perform:

THURSDAY

•5 p.m.: The Bonjour Brothers •6 p.m.: The Jackson County Pickers •7 p.m.: The Boiler Room Boys •8 p.m.: Down the Road

FRIDAY

•5 p.m.: Diane Gillenwater & Students •6 p.m.: The Shyster Mountain Gang •7 p.m.: Flint Hills Express •8 p.m.: The Ready Brothers •9 p.m.: Dara & The Noxie Ridge Band

SATURDAY

•5 p.m.: The Pipe Creek Bluegrass Band •6 p.m.: Misty Mountain Revival •7 p.m.: The Hootin' Annies •8 p.m.: Gary Bell & The Kuglin Bros. •9 p.m.: Pastense

genie220 4 years, 10 months ago

[ I do not go to any of the "quaint little towns" near Lawrence. These places are not like Mayberry. They are creepy. Lots of incest and inbreeding. 100% racist white people. I once had an acquaintance who lived in Eudora about 10 or so years ago. One afternoon a young black kid was going door to door selling encyclopedias ore something. This acquaintance told the kid he would be wise not to be in town after sundown. I no longer acknowledge knowing this person. ]

Wow...honestly. This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read. There are racist individuals in (I would bet to say) EVERY city. As far as the incest and inbreeding comment, I'm not even going to waste my time responding. Tongie Days is definitely not the place for "boozing" it up. Its a family event that hundreds of kids, teens, adults, and even seniors enjoy. And, as a resident of this "creepy, quaint" town, I have to say....I'm find comfort in knowing you are NOT a resident, too.

John Reher 4 years, 10 months ago

I have to say that any local "festival" would be immeasurably more entertaining with some of that "free liquor" stuff. Hey, let's just have a "Free (State) Liquor festival" as I'm guessing that would draw a good crowd.