Previous   Next

Are you a late-night snacker?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 3, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, I just get too tired to eat snacks.”

“Yes, I am … I graze through the day, so I feel like I’m always eating.”

“Occasionally … if you fill your stomach with food, you get tired.”

“Yeah, I work late so a lot of times when I get off work I just eat.”

Comments

mrblubbers 3 years, 10 months ago

it depends. i mean, if i have eggs for breakfast, i'm much more likely to only have a light salad at lunch. (if i have eggs for dinner, it means i SLEPT IN TOO MUCH!!) and then if i have salad at lunch, then i have two chef boyardee soups for dinner! swore off the cat food a while ago. so to answer the question, yes, i do snack during the later hours. mostly double stuf oreos while watching full house reruns.

Raider 3 years, 10 months ago

Just from looking at the photos, methinks someone is lying about the snacks. Hmmmm....

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

I've learned thru bitter experience not to give the lemurs spicy food late in the evening.

RoeDapple 3 years, 10 months ago

And don't forget! Walmart has an entire isle dedicated to cookies!!!

denak 3 years, 10 months ago

Late night Early morning Mid morning late morning early afternoon mid afternoon late afternoon early evening mid evening late evening.......

but those are the only time I snack.

Leslie Swearingen 3 years, 10 months ago

There is a country called Georgia in Eastern Europe. I snack on cookies, pastries, ice cream and cheesecake. The question should have been not only do we snack, but what on. Why can't anyone on here give a straight forward answer to a question?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 10 months ago

Georgia and North Florida are a whole nother planet.

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

I just gave pause and thought about that for a minute. I'm related to a whole bunch a danged foreigners.....Some in Texas, some in Oklahoma....is Georgia a foreign country too?

jayhawk65 3 years, 10 months ago

Autie,

I do what I can here in the Republic of Texas! The idiot in charge here seems to think that Texas is really going to separate from the US. I guess he failed that semseter of American History!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 10 months ago

space, We can save gas money if you don't mind riding bitch,,,

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 10 months ago

space, I say we head up to the South 40 Bike Rally in Van Wert, Iowa as a warm up to REO Speedwagon tour kickoff. There is this great Skynard tribute band called Street Survivor playing there Friday night. http://www.myspace.com/streetsurvivorwichita, On Saturday is Love Pump!!! http://www.myspace.com/lovepumpkc

Then its REO the whole summer starting in Hot Springs, AR on the 17th

Deja Coffin 3 years, 10 months ago

Lately I've been craving toast with jelly right before bed..... but hopefully that will change because tomorrow is the big day!!!

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

why is that boy in the gold coat so mad at them drums? He looks like he gots a universal slip joint wrist.

RoeDapple 3 years, 10 months ago

Sorry, a little late getting here this morning. Been up since midnight raiding the refrigerator. What was the question?

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

That is awesome, Bob! That guy looks just like me when I'm having a seizure, without the drums.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 10 months ago

Spacehog -

I thought of you when I saw this video last night... http://deadspin.com/5553820/cover+band-drummer-is-far-too-intense-for-a-cover+band-drummer ...

The fun begins at about 1:00 and lasts till the end.

CWGOKU 3 years, 10 months ago

Actually, Andini beat me to it. Whatever, funny comment. No to late night FOOD, not healthy for me, unless I have been drinking, which is only four nights a week. I take off drinking Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, my body is a temple, you know.

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

This might be better than Steve Miller. "Topping the concert lineup this year is Starship starring Mickey Thomas, famous for hits including “We Built This City,” “Sara,” and “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now.” Starship hits the stage at 9 p.m."

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

some people call me a space cowboy some call me the gangster of love... blah blah blah ,,,,,,,,,,,,,midnight toker...

prospector 3 years, 10 months ago

I might pretend it is still National Bubba Day and hit the honey hole.

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

I have it as National Running Day. I don't know what that is but I expect to see all of you dressed out and in formation on the parade ground in five minutes.

prospector 3 years, 10 months ago

If I remember to get something to go at the Free State.

consumer1 3 years, 10 months ago

I live in a swamp, not too many liberal to munch on that time of night. I am thinking about moving to 31 street. I hear there are allot of liberals hanging around there who are fat and soft. Hmmmmm BUrp!!

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

Now the vision. Of R_I rolling up little thin pancakes with cream cheese and blueberry compote..at midnight. I heared tell it was gonna sneak in some purty hot air here in day or so.....that purty girl on the TV says it gonna be 96 degreed here a morrow. I prolly wouldn't go fishin then an we ain't even up to that summer stoled this yet...that on the 21 I think.

jonas_opines 3 years, 10 months ago

Nah, I'd imagine most of us are just midnight tokers. Also jokers and smokers, who don't wanna hurt no one.

CWGOKU 3 years, 10 months ago

Dang, Bob beat me to it...........

g_rock 3 years, 10 months ago

They should have asked this question at Burrito King at 2 am...

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 10 months ago

"Only if my wife wants to..."

Hiiyooooooo!!!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 10 months ago

Now that I am thinking, 2 AM is early morning.
So no, I am not a late night snacker.

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

More celebrity sightings!

2- Lead singer of the Cranberries

3- Ben Affleck's brother

4- Ed Kowalczyk, singer for that crappy band Live.

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

Yep. I usually get the munchies around 2am or so, after my last bowl. I go around the neighborhood gathering up curds and whey and magic mushrooms as I skip along with the rabbit in the hat. I'll eat when I'm hungry Drink when I'm dry And live my life on the square And even if the flesh falls off of my face I know someone will be there to care. -Bob Dylan, "Standing in the Doorway"

Andini 3 years, 10 months ago

Only if my wife wants to...

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

"...bake a tart." Oh, you scamp.

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

negative. Not good for fat boys to eat late.

Happy Birthday to all my favorite English teachers in Texas...so proud you used your education to help others in a foreign country. Go Jennifer.

Bill Lee 3 years, 10 months ago

With 24 free hours in my day, I sleep when I'm tired, and I eat when I'm hungry. Since I'm up most nights, I usually eat, but I'm not sure it qualifies as "snacking."

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 10 months ago

Sometimes I will cook a haute cuisine 3 course meal at 2 AM. I will take a flashlight and go pick some romaine and leaf lettuce, and strawberries, mulberries, or what fruit is growing, roast a stuffed quail, make a salad, and bake a tart.

Donnuts 3 years, 10 months ago

Not usually. I don't stay up past 9 or 10, 11 at the latest. I am usually up by 4am if you can't see that. That's when my day starts.