Previous   Next

Have you ever taken the ‘train trip to nowhere’?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on July 30, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes I did, it was in 2004. It was around Halloween so there was a lot of stuff, gory things like heads hanging.”

“No I have not. I don’t get to Baldwin very often.”

“No I haven’t. I didn’t hear about it until a couple of months ago.”

“No I have not. I have been near it, but have never participated.”

Comments

Stuart Evans 4 years, 9 months ago

I went to New Jersey once from DC..definitely a trip to nowhere.

staff04 4 years, 9 months ago

Too funny! My first thought was a train ride to Baltimore!

Stuart Evans 4 years, 9 months ago

did they seriously already go out and ask these questions and get them published? only been like 2 hours of daylight so far.

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 9 months ago

LJW please give people a clue that it's the train trip to Nowhere, not nowhere. There's a big difference. Nowhere, KS is an actual place and deserves to have it's name capitalized.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 9 months ago

I really liked the Talking Heads version. Does that count?

somedude20 4 years, 9 months ago

that was not a train, rather it was a road to nowhere (which I hear is in Alaska) so no it does not

kernal 4 years, 9 months ago

I was wondering if they did the loop d'loop on 435 multiple times in which case LSD may have been involved.

Kontum1972 4 years, 9 months ago

yeah...yeah...i hopped the one in Watson Park..what a trip....!

choo..choo...choo..!

Mary Darst 4 years, 9 months ago

When I was in high school, a friend and I would ride from our town to another to go swimming, then we would ride back home after we were done. Gin and tonic at 8:30 in the AM? autie?

beatrice 4 years, 9 months ago

Yes. I just didn't know that is what they called it when you first become a registered user on the LJWorld site.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 9 months ago

My friend married a guy called Trainwreck (TW) the guy loves trains so much he got the grill of a train tattooed on his chin (hard to explain but pretty cool and unique). He'll take train rides to nowhere all the time. I always admired his free spirit of hopping on a train and going where to rails take ya. It's like my hobo version of Eat Pray Love.

Cassie Powell 4 years, 9 months ago

I took my daughter on the Easter trip to Nowhere, KS this year, when we arrived in Nowhere, there was an egg hunt & an Easter bunny. Was alot of fun.

riverdrifter 4 years, 9 months ago

No Where is Norwood. They should call it Nowhere. I'm always glad when the train shuts down for the winter and the deer adjust accordingly. One of my best deer stands is right near the tracks -the tracks with no December trains. Hey, that sounds like a Bob Dylan song...