Previous   Next

Which animals at the Douglas County Fair are the cutest?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 W. Clinton Parkway on July 29, 2010

Browse the archives

“The bunny rabbits, they’re fluffy and soft.”

“I like the pygmy goats, they’re tiny and they seem to never grow up.”

“The horses.”

“I kind of really dig the baby goats.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 4 months ago

“I kind of really dig the baby goats.” - drummer -

Oooookkkaaaayyyyyyyy!! This could be the beginning of a whole new string of "the dude who hangs out with the band" jokes!

RoeDapple 4 years, 4 months ago

I enjoy watching the clowns in the bull riding competition, jumping in and out of barrels, distracting the bulls, getting tossed through the air like rag dolls. Why can't they be included in the demolition derby and the tractor pull?

garyr 4 years, 4 months ago

I like to watch all the cows walk around and eat funnel cakes and corn dogs, while wearing shorts a little to small, which expose their muffin tops. How do they get clothes on cows? I have no clue, but it sure is entertaining to watch!!

nobody1793 4 years, 4 months ago

Careful where you put your hands down...

Maxwell Butterfield 4 years, 4 months ago

Hahaha, comment of the day. But certainly a boy.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 4 months ago

“I like the neohippies, they’re tiny and they seem to never grow up.”

in the lunch ads Yacht club is selling "chicken finger wraps."
... okay ... I used to not think that chickens had fingers.
...

beatrice 4 years, 4 months ago

grammaddy 4 years, 4 months ago

I agree with Jim,above.The bunny wabbits cus they're all soft and fluffy.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 4 months ago

Some would say that the cutest animals were in my trousers.

bad_dog 4 years, 4 months ago

Some might say those "animals" were from Lilliput...

Flap Doodle 4 years, 4 months ago

Oh, the slings and arrows. You guys are not gonna get invited to the petting zoo if you keep going on like that.

jonas_opines 4 years, 4 months ago

I bet you'd have more success if you didn't do your petting while at the zoo. The smell has to be a turnoff.

Kontum1972 4 years, 4 months ago

the mice on a bicycle were awesome....pass the moonshine mate!

scopi_guy 4 years, 4 months ago

Templeton the rat. The fair is a varitable smorgasboard...orgasboard...orgasboard

grammaddy 4 years, 4 months ago

Sounds like fun! I'm willing to sacrifice some grapes for their blood.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 4 months ago

Pywacket (anonymous) says…

I love the goats. For some reason, they make me think of the usual LJW posting suspects. Something about their dancing cloven hooves and cunning horns... If I ever start a goat herd, I'll name them Roe, Autie, Gnome, Bea, Bob, Multi, Snap, G-Rock, Wasilla, Wilbur....

---well, a tip of the hat to you, babe. oops, maybe I shouldn't call a feminist "babe."
I milked goats and tended them for 7 years of my youth. so, thanks for the compliment Py.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 4 months ago

Bea: The chickens grew fingers because of the growth hormones. How do you think the buffalo grow wings?

---LOL! Beefallows must have a lot of them wingies in order to fly since thar so small!

bearded_gnome 4 years, 4 months ago

How do you put on a Goat Queen crown if you have horns?

---vewy vewy cawefully!

all hail the goat queen! and anybody who makes a ref about her being "horney" is right out!