Previous   Next

Do you think you might travel to St. Joseph, Mo., to watch the Kansas City Chiefs practice?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on July 28, 2010

Browse the archives

“Well, since I have season tickets, there’s a good possibility … it’s a 50-50 chance.”

“No, I don’t like the Chiefs. I like the Green Bay Packers.”

“No. … I am done with the Chiefs because of all the Kansas City people (constantly bragging).”

“I’d be down with that - it’s free and I would do it with my friends.”

Comments

riverdrifter 3 years, 8 months ago

Liked it at river Falls better. Put in a couple of days at camp & then matriculate on up to the north shore of Lake Superior for a week of fishing & escape from the heat. At St Joe the Chiefs will make mo money and we all know that's what matters.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

"you still would be supporting a losing team"

I'm not really supporting anyone. Just wondering if he will get his car or face smashed.

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

I thought that the entire concept of practicing was to get better at something? At least that is what my piano teacher told me as a yute.

Practicality 3 years, 8 months ago

One question. If the Chiefs have an intra-squad scrimmage, how will it be possible for both sides to end up losing by 40?

blindrabbit 3 years, 8 months ago

Chiefs practice, NO. To buy a Stetson hat, Yes

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

I have some friends going to family day which is next Saturday, I believe. I'm going to affix a Raiders licence plate to their car and see what happens.

thomgreen 3 years, 8 months ago

It should be interesting, I'd probably go see it, especially since its within a reasonable driving distance compared to Wisconsin.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Only if there's a Speedway Shell there.

CWGOKU 3 years, 8 months ago

If it is too cloudy to go get sun at the pool and I have absolutely nothing better to do, I'll take the 40 minutes and drive up there with my son or a friend. Am I really interested, no. I'll turn on the TV to watch there games until they fall behind then it is back here to read about Bob's black heart.

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

they will still lose in training camp why bother

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

"I know, Hunt just dropped 350 million on the place so it is not going anywhere. "

I think it was KCMO that dropped a billion on it and the minor league team that plays next door. I could be wrong.

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

I'm rolling with Bob for intel gather. Never know when a psycho could attempt to come over the wire at the bunker.

A good chuckle, a live remote on KC morning news to report the BIG line up to buy individual game tickets. They found one guy. When asked for an interview he responded, "What else have I got to do?" I hope the team shows up with a Klondike bar for him.

There not even planning to go to Arrowhead.

RATM 3 years, 8 months ago

Go to a third rate city to watch a bunch of overpaid prima donnas on a third rate NFL team?

Will there be beer?

BABBOY 3 years, 8 months ago

I have rooted for Chiefs in the same manner as some Cubs fans. I think they show blow up Arrowhead and see it as cursed. They go to two Superbowls before they build the stupid thing. How many since then?

I know, Hunt just dropped 350 million on the place so it is not going anywhere. Of course, neither are the Chiefs until they hire a real head coach.

No, I hated practice when I played (small time level) so why in the world would I ever want to watch it...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Think? I know I'm not.

Joan Jet and the Blackhearts are playing at the Ozark Empire in Springfield Mo. on Aug 4th.

Damn backwoods inbred P.E.T.A. lovers.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

black heart? The black heart of a Godless Raider.......worse than Celts, and they drink the blood of their dead.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

If I was going to St. Joe I'd be heading to the Glore Museum.

“No. … I am done with the Chiefs because of all the Kansas City people (constantly bragging)."

Now, I hate the Chiefs with all of my little black heart, but I don't recall any of their fans bragging about anything.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

Is it still to late to catch the Wagon Train to Oregon?

I'm a Chefs fan all the way...but no way would I go watch practice.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

If I were heading to St Jo, the Pony Express Museum would be the first stop.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

What are my other choices? Bamboo shoots under my fingernails? Reading Merrill's posts? Geez, 5:00 AM is not the time for decisions of this magnitude.