Previous   Next

Have you ever attended a professional soccer match?

Asked at Royal Crest Lanes, 933 Iowa on July 25, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, I have not, but I do like soccer.”

“Yes, I have. I used to live in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and I attended several professional matches, and they’re the best in the world.”

“I went to a Wizards game once; it was really fun.”

“Yes, Kansas City Wizards stadium. I used to have season tickets, but I’ve only been to three this year. It was amazing.”

Comments

riverdrifter 3 years, 8 months ago

I promise you, I've given this sport every chance possible. Naah.

Go Chiefs!

Hugh_Jazz 3 years, 8 months ago

Unfortunately, there went an hour and a half of my life that I'll never get back.

50YearResident 3 years, 8 months ago

It is torture to watch the 6 to10 year old kids play free, why would I want to pay to watch adults do it?

hitme 3 years, 8 months ago

I heard that the drone in the background of the world cup matches was actually snoring.

hitme 3 years, 8 months ago

Do they have wi-fi at soccer matches?

CWGOKU 3 years, 8 months ago

No, never. I've watched a few minutes on TV. Luckily I was able to change the channel before I fell asleep. Watching my kids play soccer is enough for me.

seppuku 3 years, 8 months ago

I put watching soccer right up there with disemboweling myself.

Peaty 3 years, 8 months ago

Back in the day when I lived in New Jersey, I would watch the Cosmos play (with Pele) at Giants Stadium. We had season tickets for a few years.

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

No, not the excitement of gladiators vs. lions

Go Loins!

Donnuts 3 years, 8 months ago

CBYS field in Salem. I guess they were not professional but they had uniforms and it is a regional league with some following. It is part of the Greater Portland Soccer District.

refudiate 3 years, 8 months ago

You haven't lived unless you have watched the Tesoro Iron Dog. And my Todd has won it four times. And boy is he worked up after a victory!

That is just one of the things which makes Alaska so studly, and the best country in the nation.

Donnuts 3 years, 8 months ago

Yeah, I think it was the Oregon MIst or Salem Mist. I think they were professional. I don't think that is the only job they held but I think they were paid to play. There is a stadium in Salem Oregon that they played in next to a park.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

Soccer? Oh, that thing like hockey..but without ice. Or skates. and some funny ball instead of a puck. No sticks.

Nope.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 9 months ago

To heck with that, roller derby is the wave of the future.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

No, I have never even watched that evil barbaric sport, it ought to be banned like cock fighting.

Soccer dates all the way back to 4000 B.C. A caveman was kicking very violently with his brother's testicles when one suddenly became a flying projectile and landed in a net. Eventually the game evolved to kicking severed human heads in some barbaric evil culture. Ever notice how many soccer matches end up in riots? Pure evil the game is. The French have always exceeded at this "ball" game although they have never won a game. The French need to get a new game in which they play with balls alone in a corner. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad plays soccer...

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

No, but I once watched paint dry.