Previous   Next

Have you ever been to the CPA Picnic in Eudora?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and La. on July 23, 2010

Browse the archives

“No I haven’t. I’d love to go.”

“No I haven’t, but I might go (this weekend).”

“No I haven’t, never heard of it.”

“No I haven’t. I have to work, so I probably won’t go.”

Comments

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 8 months ago

Yes, I was working as a undercover police officer, ate some gazpacho, played reality games, being envious of the gardens while keeping watch for ET wearing my ray bans.

senegal66025 3 years, 8 months ago

I love the fact that they put the "burning cross" in view on the exit out of Eudora because I know it just really gripes some people.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

I've been walking forty miles of bad road If the bible is right, the world will explode I'm trying to get as far away from myself as I can. Things are too hot to touch The human mind can only stand so much You can't win with a losin' hand. Feel like fallin' in love with the first woman I meet Puttin' her in a wheel barrow, wheelin' her down the street. People are crazy, times are strange I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range I USED TO CARE, BUT THINGS HAVE CHANGED.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Really, what a stupid question. The demographic breakdown of Eudora is as follows: The racial makeup of the city was 94.87% White, 0.70% African American, 1.46% Native American, 0.49% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.67% from other races, and 1.79% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.39% of the population.

I guess that explains the burning cross at the K-10 East exit to Eudora.

CWGOKU 3 years, 8 months ago

Haven't heard from Donnuts for a while... Back in bed getting caught up on sleep? Man, I was barely in bed when the Donnut starting commenting.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 8 months ago

I've gone almost every year since I was born and I used to love the games and rides, etc. Now I'm a mom and all I think about the whole time I'm there is goodness, what a waste of money. Those tickets for the rides are outrageous.... especially since my kids are still so little that daddy has to ride all the big rides with them. Maybe the heat index will keep us indoors this year.... I don't want my little guy getting too hot!

Bill Lee 3 years, 8 months ago

Going used to be a job requirement. Since then, I haven't returned. Might though.

CWGOKU 3 years, 8 months ago

Huh? Never heard of it. Better get a new Marketing firm there, CPA.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Asking which is worse, the heat or the humidity?, is like asking if I'd rather die by hanging or by firing squad.

Richard Payton 3 years, 8 months ago

Cannabis Pot Association with the munchies served.

edjayhawk 3 years, 8 months ago

Is this the same event that employees of Farmland use to attend? Because if it is I do remember as a child attending with my friend who's Dad worked there.

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

I bet CPA's are tons of fun at a picnic. Get them out of doors and away from their adding machines and they are wild. Talking tax code over the grill with a bottle of Coors Light is the trill of their lifetime.

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

Do they serve Free State Beer? Will our cyber queen grace it with an appearance?

stuckinthemiddle 3 years, 8 months ago

~counting hooves at the morning jackass crossing~

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Certifed Pervert Association. I stay away from things like that. And butt plates.

Donnuts 3 years, 8 months ago

Continually Plaguing Adnauseum?..... Am I the only one awake yet? Counterproductive Premeditated Analogies? I like that one. I am going to call this. Counterproductive Premeditated Analogies.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Hey, my CPA is real excited about the picnic this year! He bought one of those new TI Professional calculators just for the occasion, and he's just buzzing, you know, talking about time-value-of-money, accrued interest, amortization, cost-sell-margin, and depreciation. I hope he isn't too disappointed when he gets there, but I'll buy him a sno-cone and he'll be all right.

Donnuts 3 years, 8 months ago

CPA? Concerned Pedestrains Association?.......... Conscientious Predatory Advocates?.... Certified Public Accountants?...... Clause Phrasing Attorneys?....... Central Public A$$holes?.... Curtailed Precious Arrangements?...... Cassiopoeia Precognitive Alliance? .... Uh.... all good causes but no. haven't even heard of it.