Previous   Next

Do you believe in extra-terrestrial life?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 18, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, it seems a little uppity to assume that we’re the only ones.”

“Kind of. I’m afraid of the unknown so there has to be something out there.”

“Unquestionably. The only reason we haven’t seen them yet is because they are smart enough to know we aren’t worth visiting yet.”

“Yeah. I don’t see why the cosmos should be so large and have this be the only place like this.”

Comments

SLOPOKE 3 years, 8 months ago

I do. I also believe they have been here a real long t i m e .. At age 12 to 15, MYbrother and sister witnessed somthing, from way, far away from here. At the time we lived Woodland Park, Colo. the Base of Pikes Peak. Cheyenne Mt. area..From what we saw and experienced, late one eve. was the begining of my search for matieral on the subject. The 1st. book I read was Chairott's of the God's, and on, on. I ask myself what would alien's want here.. At one point, I thought of the humane race as to alien's,what Black Angus was to the humane race...----Then I figured out that idea, was the leader of the backward's race.. It was at that point I figured out that I was totally nuts.AAH!! Then I learned that earth's greatest resourse, was water,water is what is being a protected resoure...And people,(most people) take it for granted, So YES I BELIEVE IT IS BEING CLOSLEY WATCHED OVER...!!!???

thuja 3 years, 9 months ago

The people in the space station, duh.

bobberboy 3 years, 9 months ago

yes I do believe there is way too much extra life here - especially people.

twobigones 3 years, 9 months ago

Yes, Lawrence liberals are from another world!

JJE007 3 years, 9 months ago

I will never believe in extraterrestrials until they send at least one of their progeny down here so that we can kill it and thereby live forever...um...kinda like when some Jewish people killed that kid...well...temporarily killed...so that hesheit could be magically reborn as a Christian savior...um...and then, by the grace of church services, remind us of a that great (vampire of?) love every time we drink the blood and eat the flesh...um...while remaining good, green, vegetarian socialists!~) ?~0

whatadrag 3 years, 9 months ago

There's 'life' out there, but none of it within any reasonable range, especially at this time.

Kontum1972 3 years, 9 months ago

they have death rays.....ZAP!

overplayedhistory 3 years, 9 months ago

How could there not be? Fold space, generational ships, speed much faster than light? how do we bridge? We would be doing good to power the devices to talk to them let alone travel. We developed the devices of the future and we are still burning carbon to power them. Can we at least perfect nuclear fusion.

Hydra 3 years, 9 months ago

Damn didn't work. Try cross circuiting to B!

Hydra 3 years, 9 months ago

Beam me up Scottie! No intelligent life forms here!!!!!!!!!!!

whatthehell 3 years, 9 months ago

If you choose to believe they don't exist and therefore haven't been here, that is your choice, and it is likely (although not certainly) a religious based belief. If you turn off everything you have been taught about religion and set aside what you "KNOW" and really set your mind to think about many of the pieces of evidence out there, the only real conclusion is that there might VERY WELL BE life out there and if so, they have probably been here. Science has no answer to the simplest questions as to how humans accomplished what they did thousands of years ago. We are not talking about JUST the Egyptian pyramids, or just a COUPLE of strange and amazing accomplishments.... there are literally hundreds of completely unexplainable FACTS about things that have gone on on this planet that simply cannot be explained... unless you BELIEVE that ET MIGHT be out there and COULD have come here in the past.

ralphralph 3 years, 9 months ago

Life elsewhere? Can't rule it out, but haven't seen any yet :)

Machiavelli_mania 3 years, 9 months ago

I have known about this phenomenon since the mid-70's when I met the sister of someone who witnessed it firsthand: http://www.ufohastings.com/BookPage.html

Machiavelli_mania 3 years, 9 months ago

Yes, I do believe in extra-dimensional and extra-terrestrial life. Seems around 65% of this country does too.

spiff 3 years, 9 months ago

Forever is really big. Our frame of reference is far too small.

Mike Edson 3 years, 9 months ago

Exterrestrials have not come to earth because they do not know we are here. Think of it as finding an ant colony thriving under a piece of dried tree bark. It wasn't until you knew the ants were there that you decided to disturb their civilization.

igby 3 years, 9 months ago

They have been here for ever. They travel in small balls of light energy that's not seen by most all humans. They are ruled by the god of the hour, day, moon, Sun and Orion. They travel in a straight line from east to west and cover from North to South Poles. They feed on human flesh and suck their soma from the ground, water and air. Your feet are split open your heal is bruised and the ground and you are one in nature. You are connected to the ground and the gods never even touch you but eat your flesh every hour upon hour until your dead and rotting from their passing. This is the law of death and sin. You are their feast and even after death, they continue to eat your bones until you are ground into powder and made dust. You'll talk out of the dust of the ground and cry a song of sorrow. For these gods feed and they carry off your virtue for the nursing of suckling lesser gods and demons of lesser rank.

The high god leads the charge and grinds the bones of the cosmic host into soma wet and flowing and the soma flows from the host into earth. The soma is the flowing of waters and soma is the vitamin of nature. Blessed are the young and the old have lost their grip, The same soma do they sip, not much hear nor there but young and old do share. The young burn quickly like thin candles and make quick food for higher gods of great hunger, raging beast of prey, hunting for the weak and careless. Death unloads the virtue of life quickly for fast food.

When the soma stops to flow, the gods will eat you with such ferocity and speed that not one will stop to unloosen their shoe for the feast. They will eat their children, their many children born in their house and marked for the slaughter.

Who will stop the rain? Who will call the gods to feast on the last drops of food? Denying them their food, will they not eat their way to it?

Have you sworn an oath unto death. Have you been promised a place in a burning tower for a lie. Does not your own serpent feed you to his or her kind that are in the wind of the passing wave. How can one escape this terrible mass of terror. You cannot see it because if you did you would remember the pain and wail yourself on the ground. Each generation is given a stronger dose of the drug to hid the pain and it tells. It tells in the violence, wars, sickness and in the heaths of men.

Who will measure the hearts of men? Will man be less than a beast? Will man hold on to a soul that curses him or let it go? How will you stop the gods from their feast? Will they go hungry for a small offering? No! They will feast until you are consumed. The will take the spoil to the store house.

Romans832 3 years, 9 months ago

Webster defines an extra-terrestrial as something "originating, existing, or occurring outside the earth or its atmosphere." Yes, I believe in extra-terrestrials who take the form of demons and angels.

workinghard 3 years, 9 months ago

Ok, I knew there was some weird people out there and then I find this website http://www.alienvideo.net/. These are true believers, you can even sign up to receive new alien video alerts : ALIEN ALERT When the next alien footage is leaked be the first to see it.

Enter your Email to receive instant alerts:

workinghard 3 years, 9 months ago

And then we always thought the cat was inhabited by an alien cat, we finally managed to get this picture http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-alien-cat-exits-stomach.jpg

Liberty275 3 years, 9 months ago

It would be arrogant and dumb to not believe life exists on billions of planets other than Earth. Besides, Dennis Kucinich say's he saw a spaceship, but we all know he was the one driving it.

beatrice 3 years, 9 months ago

Yes, I believe life is out there. I also believe that no extra-terrestrial life has ever visited our little planet. Imagine, traveling light years just to give an anal probe to a farmer in Nebraska and make crop circles in England. Please. If we ever encounter signs of alien life, it will probably be a passing shot, like Rendevous with Rama. Why would other beings possibly want to take an interest in us?

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Yes. I always wear my tinfoil hat shiny side out. It's a shame that Spacehog went back to the Mopther Ship. But we were fortunate to have him here for as long as we did. I learned a lot from him. I got one last pic before he left. http://www.movie-poster.ws/movies/scifi/images/dayearthstoodstill.jpg

ms_canada 3 years, 9 months ago

I hope I will be forgiven for preaching a bit. About this love of self, I feel I must add to that and explain what I think Jesus meant and what I mean. By love of self I mean a person who truly respects himself, likes what is he and what he has been given in life. That person is satisfied with what he has and is not contantly trying to make himself feel better and more worthy by acquiring more STUFF. "Oh if I just have a new car, I will be more worthy of respect" No, no, no, it does not work that way. A person who is truly comfortable in his own skin, is a person who respects and cares for others in the same way. Loving yourself is not a selfish thing. Love of self is the opposite of self loathing and disgust. I encountered plenty of those kinds of people as a psychiatric nurse. I have a little plaque on my wall that says, "Who you are is God's gift to you, what you make of yourself is your gift to God."

sputum 3 years, 9 months ago

It would certainly be a huge disappointment if humans are as good as it gets.

CWGOKU 3 years, 9 months ago

Yes, Especially after seeing Spacehog go back to the mother ship.

tange 3 years, 9 months ago

Even great minds are given to flights of science-fancy...

( British narration... all that's missing is Emma Peel to push his chair. Ah, the downside of automation. )

Bob Kraxner 3 years, 9 months ago

I believe that its very likely that we Earthlings and our society are the poster children-so to speak, for the rest of the galaxy, so that other life forms may learn the consequences of selfish, greedy behavior, sort of like a sitcom, created solely for the entertainment of a much higher form of intelligence.

RATM 3 years, 9 months ago

Secular humanist have lots of blind faith in life on other planets. Almost like a religion.

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 9 months ago

Not really. But I carry a towel with me just in case.

waka2 3 years, 9 months ago

dude abot 2 years ago i think i saw 3 aleins in one of the allys in downtown lawernce it was arond 3:30 in the morning on a tusday this is no joke i bet my life on it

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 9 months ago

Feer knot, kittehs wil protekt al huminz!

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

what danged difference does make anyway? You ain't never gonna see one or meet no man from outer space (excepting the hog)....How long does it take to get to Mars now, about 7 years or so? Now go fly off to the nearest star....My first wife might have been an alien..or da debil.

prospector 3 years, 9 months ago

Too many folks feel that this Hollywood hullabaloo can be authenticated. Same goes for ghosts, Bigfoot, or anything Twilight.

ms-canada, it is a sad state of affairs when people cloak their selfishness as their rights. If people thought less of themselves and learned the guide of "walking in another man's shoes", we might get somewhere but there are too many bent on keeping the status quo for financial or nefarious reasons. We can only hope that there is a tipping point that brings your wishes to reality.

Take care

50YearResident 3 years, 9 months ago

Isn't that how human life started here on earth? Extra-terrestrials started the colonies here a few thousand years ago and they come back from time to time to check the progress being made.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

ms_c, I almost broke down and posted something irreverent about your post, but I shall be reticent, and enjoy the beauty and power of your words.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

"We should worry about inter-terrestrial aliens first." RI

Spacehog seems cool.

ms_canada 3 years, 9 months ago

Not really, if there are other life forms out there, they are so far away that I sure don't worry about it. We have enough crap here on Planet Earth to worry about. This earthly human race is so darned ignorant and screwed up that in all of our history we have yet to learn how to live in peace and harmony with one another. Never mind way out there, just figure out how to love your neighbour as yourself. If you don't love yourself you surely can't love anyone else. Maybe that is out collective problem, we don't think enough of ourselves.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

We should worry about inter-terrestrial aliens first.

KyleXY 3 years, 9 months ago

Yes. You Earth people are quite delicious.

netetrader61 3 years, 9 months ago

ladies and gentlemen, in order to thanks for our company ( w w w.n e t e t r a d e r.c o m/ )new and order costomers,my boss make a determind that you can get a best discount and a free gift if you shall buy something from our company this month. i hope you may buy something early from our company. so stay tuned!!! im looking forward to your early place an order. (w w w.n e t e t r a d e r.c o m/ ) Following are some of the famous brands that we can supply: 1. Footwear: all brand name sport shoes, children shoes, EVA clogs, beach slipper, climbing shoes, canvas shoes, Kid shoes, etc. 2. Apparel: all brands Tag T-shirts, shirts, coat, jacket, hoody, Jeans, shorts, Children Clothing, Baby Clothing, underwear, etc. 3. Accessories: All brands Handbags, Wallets, Purse, Sunglasses, Watches, Caps, BIKINI, Hair straightener, etc. We sincerely find serious partners and establish a long-term business relationship. Please email us freely at any time and we are on the service for you, if you are interested in our products, please contact us ! w w w.n e t e t r a d e r.c o m/ finally,i wish you happy every day and lucky forever. 19

denak 3 years, 9 months ago

I think there is extra-terrestrial life but I don't think it is as evolved as we imagine. I think it probably runs the gamut from one cell organisms to possibly "humanoid" type creatures. I don't know but there are other solar systems that probably can sustain life.

I don't believe we have been visited by any of them though.

Dena

LogicMan 3 years, 9 months ago

Do I?

Being stuck here on Earth for so long now, "extra-terrestrial" isn't quite accurate.

Still looking for the parts and a good mechanic for the starship.

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

I believe in the possiblity, but I have yet to see the reality.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Of course I do. I sit here before you, the product of elements created in the bowels . . . er, the hearts of distant stars, long since ripped apart by the forces of the universe.Like the billions if not trillions of life forms that exist today and in the past here on earth, why can't the same or similar circumstances for life in some form have occurred elsewhere. Hell, we might even find we are a faulty product, assembled late on the last day of the work week. . .