Previous   Next

When you go shopping for clothes, do you try them on first or just buy them?

Asked at Dillons, 1740 Mass. on July 16, 2010

Browse the archives

“Try them on, because I’m a girl and I have to try stuff on. I don’t want to come back if they don’t fit.”

“I try them on so they’ll fit. I won’t leave the store unless they fit.”

“I tend to try them on because I live a long ways from the store.”

“I just buy them. I take them back if they don’t fit.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

Mostly I just stay here in mom's basement sitting in my dirty underwear. Some of it dates back to '67. I don't remember trying it on, I think mom just threw it down the stairway.

Bill Lee 4 years, 5 months ago

I do a lot of shopping online, so can't try things on.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 5 months ago

For my kids, I just buy it but my oldest daughter is getting to that age where I think I'm going to have to start making her try stuff on. As for me..... It's been so long I've forgotten! By the way, today is my middle child's birthday!! She turns the big 0-3 today!! Mommy is working very hard on her Ladybug birthday cake for her party tomorrow.....wish me luck!!

Deja Coffin 4 years, 5 months ago

That's awesome... did you take pictures of it? I will admit I've been lazy lately and bought shaped cake pans but I still put the work into icing them and placing them on top of a decorated sheet cake. The best cake I ever made was for my oldest (5 yr.) daughter's 3rd birthday. She picked out a cake that was a sheet cake decorated to look like the Candyland game board. It took $50 of candy to decorate the darn thing! She absolutely loved it and in fact asked if I'd make it again for her birthday coming up in November I told her we may have to wait a few years before mommy makes that cake again! Growing up my mom always bought us a DQ ice cream cake and that was our tradition but I can't really remember what any of the cakes looked like. Hopefully my kids will appreciate the cakes I make and be able to remember most of the different cakes throughout the years.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 5 months ago

F.Y.I. They now make beer can holders that are magnetic for tailgating.

whatadrag 4 years, 5 months ago

I want one that's magnetic for activities other than tailgating

whats_going_on 4 years, 5 months ago

unless I'm just in a gigantic rush, def try them on. I HATE going through the process of driving back and returning/exchanging.

alm77 4 years, 5 months ago

Depends on how much I'm spending. Also, I always try on jeans even if they are on clearance.

labmonkey 4 years, 5 months ago

I buy all my stuff off unionlabel.com (to get American made stuff), so I do not go into a store and cannot try them on.

imastinker 4 years, 5 months ago

I don't buy clothes. People give them to me as gifts, probably for good reason.