Previous   Next

When you go shopping for clothes, do you try them on first or just buy them?

Asked at Dillons, 1740 Mass. on July 16, 2010

Browse the archives

“Try them on, because I’m a girl and I have to try stuff on. I don’t want to come back if they don’t fit.”

“I try them on so they’ll fit. I won’t leave the store unless they fit.”

“I tend to try them on because I live a long ways from the store.”

“I just buy them. I take them back if they don’t fit.”

Comments

imastinker 3 years, 9 months ago

I don't buy clothes. People give them to me as gifts, probably for good reason.

labmonkey 3 years, 9 months ago

I buy all my stuff off unionlabel.com (to get American made stuff), so I do not go into a store and cannot try them on.

alm77 3 years, 9 months ago

Depends on how much I'm spending. Also, I always try on jeans even if they are on clearance.

prospector 3 years, 9 months ago

Big boy way of saying, "My Mom still dresses me."

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

I can't remember the last time I went shopping for clothes. Whatever I get usually is a gift at Christmas or my birthday.

whats_going_on 3 years, 9 months ago

unless I'm just in a gigantic rush, def try them on. I HATE going through the process of driving back and returning/exchanging.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 9 months ago

For my kids, I just buy it but my oldest daughter is getting to that age where I think I'm going to have to start making her try stuff on. As for me..... It's been so long I've forgotten! By the way, today is my middle child's birthday!! She turns the big 0-3 today!! Mommy is working very hard on her Ladybug birthday cake for her party tomorrow.....wish me luck!!

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Boy, OTS sure loves "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". I think #4 is that pissed off Principal.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

True story. Years ago a friend of mine and I went into that dollar store at the Malls. We went over to check out the shoe section. Some dude had left his ratty shoes on the floor and most likely walked out wearing a pair of new ones. That really gave me a warm fuzzy.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Well, shirt-wise I only wear wife beaters. I've got tons of them. Everything else I usually steal. One time I tried to walk out of the Gap wearing some fancy over-priced cargo shorts. They stopped me at the door. I just relieved myself in them right there, so they let me have them.

CWGOKU 3 years, 9 months ago

I just buy them. I don't get naked in public, unless I am in the freezer section at the store and there are some gals there...

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

Speaking of trying clothes on....I've been thinking I need to re do my style scout......I tend to flow with the season and have something new, at least until Labor Day. Maybe I can get that done this weekend. I need some inside project as it will rather warm. Sort of like TOB....in hell.

prospector 3 years, 9 months ago

I am asked to take them home. I guess they did not like the incident in the aisle last time. No one would tell me if my butt looked big in them. Asking them to compare/contrast them was over the top.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

I only try on Speedo®s, everything else I just guess.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

NO. after all these years, I pretty well know what size I ain't.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

NO. after all these years, I pretty well know what size I ain't.

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

I do a lot of shopping online, so can't try things on.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Mostly I just stay here in mom's basement sitting in my dirty underwear. Some of it dates back to '67. I don't remember trying it on, I think mom just threw it down the stairway.

g_rock 3 years, 9 months ago

do they even have dressing rooms in Dillons? Hope they aren't in the freezer section...