Previous   Next

What do you want to make sure you do during the last half of summer?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 15, 2010

Browse the archives

“Lawn work and gardening.”

“Spend time with my family.”

“Go to the lake.”

“Camp and spend time at the lake.”

Comments

fancy80 3 years, 9 months ago

oh yeah, one other thing. buy huge-ass sunglasses....

fancy80 3 years, 9 months ago

Go to a Jimmy Buffet concert and imagine for a few brief hours that the world's problems can be solved by simply drinking a margarita, on a beach, at 5:00 (somewhere).

yellatex1 3 years, 9 months ago

go to Caribana in Toronto.. yeah, buddy!

Catzilla 3 years, 9 months ago

I'm going to be the best person I can possibly be.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

Ok...so we make up this big story about some big gay marriage thing...in northern manitoba or someplace..anyway, get it all played up real big like it some world event..then get the phelpeses to go protest....and steal their passports after they sneak into Canada...so then like Canada would put them jail...and the jailers would be Terrance and :Phillip ...yeah, that's what I want to do before summer is over.

CWGOKU 3 years, 9 months ago

Lot of negativity elsewhere in the LJW today. Yawn... Thank you all for the humor. Hey, where is T_O_B? We need him around here. Andini too.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

I'm looking forward to the Douglas County Fair. Those Carnies are some of my best customers. I also seem to pick up some extra business at the Demolition Derby. And there's nothing like jumping on a ride at the fair with some amped, crazed, demented looking carnie at the controls. I'm always a little nervous about whether he'll hang around to stop the ride or just walk away. At least I usually know the guy who runs the ferris wheel. His name is Clovis. As I'm getting on the ride I tell him "No ticky, no laundry". He knows he won't get a bump till he lets me off.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Right now, I'm just doing the Jersey Shore routine. GTL-Gym, Tan, Laundry. But hopefully I'll finally be accepted as a mentor in the Big Brother program. 10 of my last 12 DUI's have been expunged. I have a wealth of knowledge I could share with a young man. Especially my vast knowledge of cooking and chemistry.

nobody1793 3 years, 9 months ago

I'm going to record a hit album and write the great american novel and then end poverty and homelessness.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 9 months ago

Autie, is this similar to when you thought you were the only kid to have ordered the secret decoder ring from the back of that comic book in the whole school, then you find out they're the same decoder ring they put in the last run of Cracker Jack boxes?

CWGOKU 3 years, 9 months ago

Spend more time bronzing up at the pool, be with the family, drink more, go to the Zoo. I'll be in Lawrence Sunday, too bad the sidewalk will be sold by then, but at least the bug-eyed people will be gone. They frighten me, almost as much as Carnies.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

I gotta get me some R. Kelly sunglasses and break them.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

I would really like to be able to go out to the airport and check out the WWII planes..a P-51 and B-24. I've all over the B-17 before.....pretty neat stuff.

R_I, belay that previous message....I was wrong. Antique typewriters like that one can be had for around $500 all day long.

prospector 3 years, 9 months ago

Spring cleaning

R-I, how were the undersides of the sidewalks of Ellinwood? Was the Wellington formation worth the cost of admission?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 9 months ago

Direct a production of West Side Story with an all lemur cast.

520dude 3 years, 9 months ago

consumer1 3 years, 9 months ago

Kalea, "find a larger pair of sun glasses. Maybe some with a fake nose and mustache".

g_rock 3 years, 9 months ago

As little as possible.

Win the lottery.

Drink.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

fish and play with my 1943 Underwood.

JJE007 3 years, 9 months ago

I want to make sure I comment on what exceptionally cool late summer weather we're having...and plant a heap o'perennials.

Mike Edson 3 years, 9 months ago

They all look like the Sleestak off of Land of the Lost. I have used this reference before but apparently few people are familiar with the bug eyed lizard people on the old 70's TV show.

TopJayhawk 3 years, 9 months ago

Stay employed and kill all the bug-eyed aliens that are invading downtown Lawrence.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Open a boutique for insectoid sunglasses downtown. Looks like they are popular again.