Previous   Next

Do you plan on going to the sidewalk sale tomorrow?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 14, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yeah. We got some good bargains when we went last year.”

“Yes, a lot of times you can get some really good buys. Being unemployed right now I need to pick up some good shoes.”

“I don’t know - no. I’m new to Lawrence.”

“Probably. I do enjoy some deals occasionally.”

Comments

dogsandcats 3 years, 9 months ago

Why do they have it on a weekday in the middle of July? It's too hot to want to be out dealing with crowds, and wouldn't they have a much better turnout on a Saturday? Maybe during the academic year when all the KU students are in town to spend their parents' money?

edjayhawk 3 years, 9 months ago

Weather should be nice with a heat index of 110 and all of those crowds of people. Make that 120 with the people.

Pywacket 3 years, 9 months ago

You could not pay me to join that rabid pushy crowd in that heat to buy overpriced (sale? haha) unpopular stuff the stores could not unload the rest of the year....or last year. I'll wait for the DVD.

If they held this thing in April or October, I might give it another try, but (past experience informing my expectations) there is just not enough incentive to make me want to deal with the brutal heat.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

I guess they might have trouble asking an OTS at the bottom of the river...glug, glug, girrgle, glug....

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

The sidewack sale. At Weavers.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

"The problem is where to ask the question..."

Vermont Towers.

g_rock 3 years, 9 months ago

Tomorrow's On the Street:

Do you make attention seeking blog posts with an expiration date?

The problem is where to ask the question...

prospector 3 years, 9 months ago

She must have gone all HWMNBN on our fearless rulers, JK'Slim' and 'My name is Whitney'.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

As foretold by the prophets, Irish took down her blog.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

We have been shunned by Hun.....oh the depravity of all.

prospector 3 years, 9 months ago

R-I, Try to find someone to give you the Allagaroo cheer. Then you can teach it to the devil spawn on the way home.

The Allagaroo (Revised September, 2003) Allagaroo, garoo, garoo; Wah, hoo, bazoo; Hicer, picer, dominicer; Sis! Boom! Bah! Hutchinson High School Rah! Rah! Rah!

La shoo, La shoo La shoo, Li Roo; La shoo, Li ishabacka Ishabacka Boo. Hutchinson High School Hey Roo.

Boom skit rat trap Bigger'n a cat trap Boom skit a rat trap Bigger'n a cat trap Chicawaw Chicawaw Hutchinson High School Rah! Rah! Rah!

ms_canada 3 years, 9 months ago

You say you have heat down there??? We had some of that last "Sat. but no more. If I could get a good price on Air Canada I could kill two birds with one stone (or $$$) the sidewalk sale and get me some heat. Hmmmmmmmm???

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

There are only a couple of stores I'll visit, but I do plan to go. We all know how well laid plans go, don't we?

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

I guess the sidewack sale would be a good place to indulge in some frottage, my favorite fetish. But I have a feeling there will be mostly unattractive people that stink. Maybe some panhandlers will get trampled.

bobberboy 3 years, 9 months ago

on thursday - NO. Maybe if it was on Saturday.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

You mean to tell me there are bolsheviks in western Kansas?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

I visited the David Rice Atchison Presidential Library yesterday. I walked out saying to myself, "Now there was someone with blood on their hands"

prospector 3 years, 9 months ago

Roadtrip_Impossible, hit the Anchor Inn downtown for Mexican food or the BBQ place on the west side of town. If you are heading SW, a must eat is Carolyn's Essenhaus in Arlington.

Be sure to say "Hey, that is the largest grain elevator in the western hemisphere. The only one bigger is in Russia."

tanaumaga 3 years, 9 months ago

i'll walk on the sidewalk however i'd like to , thank you.

tanaumaga 3 years, 9 months ago

i'll walk on the sidewalk however i'd like to , thank you.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

prospector, That is on tap for today, a way to shun this oppressive heat.

prospector 3 years, 9 months ago

Nope

Autie, fromage for all!

R_I, do it deeper, hit the salt mine in Hutch.

nobody1793 3 years, 9 months ago

Nope. The sidewalk's for regular walking, not for fancy walking...

g_rock 3 years, 9 months ago

I'm usually out of town. But since my trip this year is getting one day ganked from it, I should go and buy something fabulous, right?

grammaddy 3 years, 9 months ago

For what? To pick up some overpriced junk I didn't want the first time around?

jonas_opines 3 years, 9 months ago

Nope. Don't really need any new crap, and don't have any money right now to buy it with. Besides, when I'm around too many strange people I get scared and excited, nip people on the ankles, and pee on the floor.

Whoa! I mean. . . . I meant my Dog gets scared and excited. . . not me. . . . right. The Dog.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

Happy Bastille Day...viva la France. Really thin pancakes,anybody?

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

You betcha David....are those shoes you got on now a little tight or something? I'll be waiting for the price of sidewalks to go down more before I get back in that market.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

If George Lopez isn't going, I'm not either. Besides, it's too damn hot and people will be stinking. I'm saving my stench for the Douglas County Fair.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Mrs Roe will be going, but I have all the sidewalks I can use. Might go to a garage sale though. I need the extra storage space.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

Nope,
I may be walking under the sidewalks in downtown Ellinwood.