Previous   Next

What do you do to stay in shape during the summer?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 13, 2010

Browse the archives

“I work out in the gym a bit, I swim all the time and I work.”

“I run and bike and do yoga.”

“I don’t. I go swimming and stay outside a lot.”

“The same thing I do the rest of the year - mostly ride a bike.”

Comments

ontheroadfitness 4 years, 5 months ago

That's a trick question, right? :) I'm working out at 6am doing barbell bent-over rows and hamstrings. :)

ontheroadfitness 4 years, 5 months ago

...and apparently my mind isn't all there at 6am because by hamstrings, I meant I'm working out hamstrings with lunges. Lots of lunges!

ms_canada 4 years, 5 months ago

multi - good thing you have the cat and dog. Think what shape you'd be in left to your own devices. Here, to the left, is Rusty trying to figure out a three letter word for 16th president. He always tries to beat me to getting the answers, the rascal.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 5 months ago

Chase 3 kids around..... I weigh less now then I did before I got pregnant so apparently it's working. I have been doing the Wii Fit while the baby naps, family walks every other night, and lots of swimming in the in-laws pool when the baby doesn't need mommy. I've also heard you loss weight from breastfeeding so maybe that's helping also. Just hope I can reach my goal by the end of summer.

somedude20 4 years, 5 months ago

calwt262 4 years, 5 months ago

Run on the treadmill! However, the gym employees get angry with me when I pee on the wood chips and don't clean my own cage. Hopefully the hamster maze arrives soon so that I can cross train.

BigPrune 4 years, 5 months ago

There is only one exercise you have to do to relieve stress, boost immunity, burn calories, improve cardiovascular health, boost your self esteem, reduce pain, reduce cancer risk, and make you sleep better.

ms_canada 4 years, 5 months ago

My shape is generally the same as the sofa on which I lie while reading one book after another. I am now on book 70 for the year which will end at midnight July 15. I should finish it and that will mean I beat last years total by two. I am not sure whether that is good or bad.

jonas_opines 4 years, 5 months ago

I think it really depends on what shape you're aiming to stay in or change too. If that shape is, well, "pear", then not much is really required.

Me, I'm playing at least 18 holes of disc golf a day right now. Probably move back into my physical therapy routine for my core, and hopefully after the party this week going for the holy grail: quitting the doggam coffin nails. It's almost a year to the day since my back started going bad again, and I'd like to not do a repeat.

gsxr600 4 years, 5 months ago

Questions like these really need a "related story" link or something.

I'd do Dog Days this summer but it doesn't fit my overall goal right now. Doing a 4-day split in the gym right now (back/biceps, legs, chest/triceps, shoulders) with swimming and tanning on the weekends.

Bunny_Hotcakes 4 years, 5 months ago

Dog Days, softball (two Sunday teams, one Tuesday team), weightlifting class at Ambler, running with friends over holiday weekends when there's been no DD workout. I am doing two loads of workout clothes laundry a week right now and we won't even discuss my bodywash and sunscreen budget. Having a great summer, though.

oldvet 4 years, 5 months ago

Bike in the morning... Shiner at night...