Previous   Next

How do you decorate your office cubicle?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 12, 2010

Browse the archives

“With pictures of my family and my pet.”

“With pictures of my daughter.”

“I decorate it with stacks of articles that I’m reading to write papers.”

“It has a nice plant, some pictures of my lovely family, and the rest of it is filled with stuff.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

Ah, the comfort of a home office! As I look around me I see pictures of my children, my grand daughter, my wife, and the dog. An empty beer bottle from yesterday (or was it the day before?), the dog and cat asleep on opposite ends of the sofa.A cork board with bits of paper tacked to it, each with a phone number or email address I have no recollection of who or why I put there. Furniture that has been replaced elsewhere in the house but not ready to be hauled away.

And a note from Mrs Roe to clean this mess up . . .

independant1 4 years, 6 months ago

1 dead plant 1 empty coffee mug 1 family photo 1005 yellow sticky pad notes

Bill Lee 4 years, 6 months ago

The only decorations in my home office corner are on my computer screen. I've only been here six months, so I'm still in the organization stage.

KUnlv13 4 years, 6 months ago

Got my brother a bottle of CrystalHead vodka as a knickknack gift. After the latest (lousy) addition to the Indiana Jones series, I've been "Indy" ever since...

Ronda Miller 4 years, 6 months ago

You're thinking cuticle, autie which can be a real pain if bitten or torn off. :). ( that first person takes a great photo and I'm adding to my cubicle)

I've a home cubicle as well, like Roe, and I have my favorite photos from when my son and daughter were quite young and still could be photographed sitting next to each other.

I'm thrilled to say I now have several Poe items to add to the decor. A Poe mousepad, coffee cup, bookmark - and that would be me in the tee shirt adorned with the Raven!

jonas_opines 4 years, 6 months ago

Hey, has anyone heard of or worked for Great Plains Distribution? Can't find much info on Google.

1029 4 years, 6 months ago

Well, it's not a cubicle, but I've filled it up with a bunch of plants. And some old posters. I thought about getting a couch, but I figured that would lead to all my co-workers wanting to come in and hang out all the time.

jonas_opines 4 years, 6 months ago

When and if I get a cube, I'm thinking Demotivator posters. Right now I wish I had a cube.

riverdrifter 4 years, 6 months ago

No, you do not, Jonas. Throw off the bowline and do NOT do the cubicle.

calwt262 4 years, 6 months ago

The cubicle is essentially a public toilet that is lacking a stall door...everyone can peek in and see your $#@!, or see you $#@!. To keep yourself entertained you should invite strangers into your cubicle to write offensive and entertaining graffiti on the walls.

independant1 4 years, 6 months ago

always wanted one of those stuffed armadillos, on back clutching a bottle of Lone Star on my desk.

independant1 4 years, 6 months ago

Left out the most important item in my office.

Cheap Walmart fake crystal candy dish with individually wrapped chocolate candy.

The addicts are hard to take but like the traffic and it is a safety valve for the doldrums folks get themselves into.

riverdrifter 4 years, 6 months ago

If anybody here catches me working in an office cublicle (again), they are given license to shoot me on sight (site).

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 6 months ago

I am so glad I don't work in a cubicle anymore.

whatadrag 4 years, 6 months ago

I'm never in a cubicle, just my ferrari on K-10

whats_going_on 4 years, 6 months ago

Right now, it's decorated with stacks of paper and crap I haven't gotten to work on yet. And pictures of the bf and I, family, an Aflac duck, and a Snoopy "Typical Work Week" cartoon. (http://www.prashantmhatre.com/fun/typical-work-week.jpg)

notajayhawk 4 years, 6 months ago

The only time I worked in something close to a cubicle (more a work station, kind of like a cubicle without walls), I didn't bother decorating. It was in an area of the hospital off-limits to patients (I did most of my work on the patient units) and I avoided it myself as much as possible. As it was in an interior part of the building, though, some of us put up pictures of windows.

My current office is a mix of nautical decor and pictures my children have drawn/painted/whatever.