Previous   Next

Where do you prefer renting movies from: Redbox, Netflix or Blockbuster?

Asked at Walmart, Sixth Street on July 10, 2010

Browse the archives

“I don’t know if I would pick any of those. I usually rent them from the library.”

“We do Netflix. It’s way easier - we can get it right to our TV. We don’t have to go anywhere.”

“Blockbuster, because they have everything and Redbox is stupid because they only have new movies.”

“Redbox, because it’s only a dollar and it’s cheaper than going to Blockbuster or any other movie place in the area.”

Comments

Bill Lee 4 years, 5 months ago

I rent from Redbox because of the many locations and price, but I wish they had a wider selection. I actually watch more movies online at sites like hulu.com than I rent. They're free and I don't have to return them.

Bill Lee 4 years, 5 months ago

jonas_opines 4 years, 5 months ago

How do the movies get from the mailbox to the chair? Or do you only watch the instant view ones?

Nikki May 4 years, 5 months ago

I don't rent videos often. BUT, I choose Hastings.

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

cuzin erline was sposed to be inna a movie one time cept they wanted her to stripp down to her jcpennys an rassle with a buncha hoolygans so she siad no thanks she alreddy had enuff of that in juneyer high skool an wanted to be inone them classy musicles like ben her so they sent her hoem

cutny 4 years, 5 months ago

Miracle Video and Liberty Hall. Two great local businesses each run by great people.

Support the local economy!

townie79 4 years, 5 months ago

liberty hall...they have great weekly deals but every once in a while i will go to a redbox

slang4d 4 years, 5 months ago

Redbox and Netflix on Demand. Redbox is convenient since it's 24 hours, though the selection is lacking. I've watched some rather stupid Redbox movies out of boredom because I don't have cable. Netflix on Demand is also lacking, but that has a lot to do with online streaming issues with music copyright laws. Can't fault Netflix, they do their best.

Liberty Hall has an excellent selection of hard to find older, foreign and cult films so I appreciate their selection more than any other brick and mortar.

I'm disappointed the only brick and mortar option in the question is Blockbuster...there are plenty of fine local video stores. I don't know a single person who goes to Blockbuster!

ms_canada 4 years, 5 months ago

I used to go to Blockbuster and then I got a cable box for my TV and now do the video on demand thing. It is very convenient but sure costs. $5.99 for a movie. I have it for 24 hours and that is great if I would like to watch it a second time. I did that with Avatar. I just loved that movie and would like to watch it again but $5.99???? Do you think maybe they would give me a discount for a second rental????

Randall Barnes 4 years, 5 months ago

p>hulu.com it's free.or red box for the new movies.

persevering_gal 4 years, 5 months ago

Netflix - cheaper than Sunflower's On Demand and a better selection than Red Box.

Dispersant 4 years, 5 months ago

I like Netflix. Also Liberty Hall. As for the library...it is fine if you like scratched dvd's. How hard is it to take the disk out of the case and put it in the player? Are people playing frisbee with these things?

I haven't gone to Blockbuster in years. Never really liked 'em.

pablo 4 years, 5 months ago

Library & Liberty Hall. Blockbuster is dead

maxcrabb 4 years, 5 months ago

Netflix keeps growing their on-demand (or instant queue) day by day. Classic nickelodeon like rugrats and ren and stimpy. Tons of documentaries (tons of Ken burns!). Plus some classic favorites of mine like Chinatown, the usual suspects, Kubrick films, a touch of evil. Also, if you have an xbox, ps3, or wii, you can watch netflix on your tv.

sweetd 4 years, 5 months ago

Netflix instant movies on the TV Redbox for those new releases Never Blockbuster, too expensive, Hastings is much better for old stuff, if you can't find it on Netflix that is.

denak 4 years, 5 months ago

Netflix Redbox Library

Netflix first because my son can get all the rock documentaries, concerts and biogrpahies that his heart desires and that you can't find anywhere else. And you can keep them for as long as you want and not get a late fee.

Redbox second just if I want to pick something up quick but this is rare.

Library,last, but that is only because the waiting list for a new movie is so long. Most of the time, we don't want to wait if we are number 78. We will just get it from Netflx or Redbox.

Haven't rented from Liberty Hall, Hastings or Blockbusters in years.

Dena

jackpot 4 years, 5 months ago

Netflix of Blockbuster????????????????? Maybe or Blockbuster.

ralphralph 4 years, 5 months ago

Star Video in Burlington, America. Why? 'Cuz Jeff and Colin are soooooo manly!

BigPrune 4 years, 5 months ago

I haven't done this yet, but I think you can rent Netflix videos from your chair if you have a Wii.